Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cgcoyne2
    replied
    I'm going to a few games at the end of the week. One is an afternoon game and one is a night game. Do the players sign autographs at the games? Do they work out in the morning when they have games at night and do the players sign autographs then? Any info will be helpful. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• piedmontphilly
    replied
    I attended a game there last week, sat in the upper stands during a night game. The traffic on Dale Mabry is not very noticeable at all. The scoreboard, batter's eye, and right field picnic area pretty much block out those distractions.

Leave a comment:

• Chevy114
    replied
    Good question, I never noticed

Leave a comment:

• Matt The Hammer
    replied
    Do they leave the RF diamond on the auxiliary field in all year? Or is that only during spring training?

With:
    1mo.jpg

Without:
    content20header_image.jpg

Or as it's said in Philly, wit or witout.
    Last edited by Matt The Hammer; 03-25-2015, 07:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Chevy114
    replied
    Originally posted by drdg View Post
    did not bother me when I went there a few years back,
    what I did not like was parking in the dirt by the football stadium
    and then walking to the baseball stadium
    If you have a fear of heights like I do, man that Bridge will test your nerves!

Leave a comment:

• Chevy114
    replied
    Yeah that's Dale Mabry, one of if not the largest and longest road in Tampa. It goes from the city limits by Lutz in the North all the way to McDill Air Force base that butts against the Bay. It has between 2 and 5 lanes on each side depending on your location. They call it a highway, but don't think of a interstate or express just a big road.

You don't really notice it when you are watching the games. I worked there for the Tampa Yankees when there were 500 people and I still didn't notice from the regular seats, I'm sure the new additions in the outfield or down the 1st base side might be more pron to it, but probably nothing horrible.

tlcoats1-20110829233909.jpg

I more so notice the marshy area behind Left Field
    2432df5b20267dfff913b89f293fb8c0541ddd97.jpg-590x1000.png
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• drdg
    replied
    did not bother me when I went there a few years back,
    what I did not like was parking in the dirt by the football stadium
    and then walking to the baseball stadium

Leave a comment:

• alpineinc
    replied
    Reviving this old thread during spring training because I was watching Yankee highlights tonight, and had no idea that the road behind the stadium was such a major thoroughfare, thought I was watching old Crosley Field highlights. Yankee fans, does that detract from the enjoyment of the game, especially in the right field concourse area? I just came back from the Mets' Tradition Field in Port St Lucie where I go every year, and I thoroughly enjoy the quieter atmosphere, the bucolic berm past the outfield, birds tweeting etc. as I watch the spring games there, and couldn't possibly imagine the enjoyment being the same with cars constantly whizzing by, wondering what others think.

Leave a comment:

• Chevy114
    replied
    P.S. my first summer job was at lengends working the concession and that is where I learned that people are very particular about their food, which is funny because its a ballpark shouldn't people realize its going to be very universal as far as the food goes?

Leave a comment:

• Chevy114
    replied
    Originally posted by NickEsasky View Post
    NOW I know why the Howard Franklin is such a barrier for Rays attendance (jk ... couldn't help it)
    lol I won't drive over the Sunshine skyway in all seriousness so move a stadium there and count me out!

Leave a comment:

• NickEsasky
    replied
    Originally posted by Chevy114 View Post
    It does require you to go over a bridge above the busy road, so be ready if your afaid of heights like me. .
    NOW I know why the Howard Franklin is such a barrier for Rays attendance (jk ... couldn't help it)

Leave a comment:

• Chevy114
    replied
    The thing I love about legends is although they don't have open concourses like bright house field in Clearwater, they do have huge concourses that are very open to the backside of the stadium which allows a great spring breeze!

Leave a comment:

• Anubis2051
    replied
    Thanks guys! I'll do my best with pictures, I'm only going to one game and I'll be in Orlando the rest of the week, so I'll see what I can do in one day.

Leave a comment:

• Yankeefan3783
    replied
    Originally posted by Anubis2051 View Post
    Best I could do for a George M. Steinbrenner field thread. I'm heading down to Yankees spring training this year for the first time (3/12), does anyone have any suggestions? What's the best way to get autographs? Also, is there free parking anywhere nearby?
    I went to spring training in 2009 and 2010. I attended one of the morning work outs and parked in the stadium parking and that was free of charge. The team was using one of the side fields for pitchers and catchers, so you can walk up right to the fence and watch the work outs. Players come up to the fence some times and will sign things. Goose Gossage (great guy) came over to the fence and spent a good 45 minutes signing autographs for everyone.

I also attended a game and parked on the other side of the street next to the Buccaneers Stadium and walked across the bridge.

I found Tampa and GMS field very easy to get around. Very friendly staff also.

Leave a comment:

• DN4L
    replied
    Originally posted by Anubis2051 View Post
    Best I could do for a George M. Steinbrenner field thread. I'm heading down to Yankees spring training this year for the first time (3/12), does anyone have any suggestions? What's the best way to get autographs? Also, is there free parking anywhere nearby?

Enjoy, and don't forget to take plenty of photos, and then post them here..
    I'm sure you'll take plenty of "great photos"!!

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X