Unusual clause on back of 2008 Yankee tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual clause on back of 2008 Yankee tickets

I received my Fujifilm Holiday pack of tickets to 11 pre-selected 2008 midweek Yankee night games the other day. On the back of each ticket is a long laundry list of terms and conditions, in a very small point size. You almost need a lawyer to read the freakin' thing!

Most of it is the usual legal rigamarole we've all seen in one form or another... however, I noticed something which may be new for 2008 (boldface added):

GENERAL INFORMATION:
    3. The Yankees make no representations or warranties concerning, without limitation, the condition of the Stadium or its suitability for any particular purpose and the Licensee accepts the Stadium "AS IS."
    Do the Yankees know something we don't know... but perhaps should?

If, when you get your tickets, you find the font on the back is a little too small for your eyes, when you get to the Stadium you can mosey on down to the Advance Ticket Window and read the sign they've got posted up there:

(Photo taken April 29, 2006. © Gary Dunaier)

X
    What's THAT guy doing?
    - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

3. The Yankees make no representations or warranties concerning, without limitation, the condition of the Stadium or its suitability for any particular purpose and the Licensee accepts the Stadium "AS IS."
    Darn, I wanted to use the Stadium to swim in/park my car/cool some pies/play tennis/commune with nature/see a movie/change clothes etc. and it doesn't meet my high standards for this purpose! Call my lawyer!
    Last edited by 2Chance; 02-14-2008, 10:56 PM.
    "Someone asked me if I took steroids. I said, 'No. I had a contract with Wheaties.'"
    --Bob Feller

Comment

I'm betting that this is because they are gonna strip that friggin' stadium down to the BONE towards the end of the season. Brandon Steiner must be thinking about how hes gonna charge $200 for a napkin dispenser. By game 162 people will be lucky to have a seat to sit on.
      Last edited by west coast orange and black; 02-18-2008, 12:04 PM.

Comment

I wasn't around yet when they renovated Yankee Stadium, but I heard that people brought wrenches and screwdivers and stuff to the last game before they renovated so they could try to bring their seats home, and people stole signs, and all stuff like that happened. I wouldnt be supprised if before the 81st home game, the stadium is stripped of all signs and stuff, unless they make the playoffs, which, hopefully they will

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyjimjimz View Post
          I wouldnt be supprised if before the 81st home game, the stadium is stripped of all signs and stuff
          That's not going to happen. "Security" will see to that.
          X
          What's THAT guy doing?
          - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

There's a similar clause on the back of Tampa Bay Rays tickets:

"The Licensee accepts the team "AS IS.""

Comment

it on it because the yankees don't own current yankee stadium so it is a clause that they put in.

Comment

I've heard that the Mets have already started taking down 'permanent' signage at Shea Stadium in order to prevent it from disappearing...

First post here, love this site!

Comment

Heres the translation..."Due to the fact that this is one of the most historical buildings(in regards to Yankee Stadium of course) in the USA and its going away at the end of the season we will be removing anything remotley close to being valuable before the end of the season. All signs, logos, and basically anything thats not nailed down(and a lot that is) will be gone by August. This will take place because we have an exclusive deal with Steiner Sports who will be charging outragous prices to idiots who want a piece of the stadium at any cost, no matter how insignificant. Don't even think you maybe able to get ANYTHING out of the stadium. We thank you for your consideration and continued support."

Comment

AND... Most likely, the Yankees, and Mets for that matter, will not be performing any work on the ballpark during the season and come the September, you get what you get... If seat x is broken, it won't be fixed...

Comment

Originally posted by Saltzy23 View Post
                      Heres the translation..."Due to the fact that this is one of the most historical buildings(in regards to Yankee Stadium of course) in the USA and its going away at the end of the season we will be removing anything remotley close to being valuable before the end of the season. All signs, logos, and basically anything thats not nailed down(and a lot that is) will be gone by August. This will take place because we have an exclusive deal with Steiner Sports who will be charging outragous prices to idiots who want a piece of the stadium at any cost, no matter how insignificant. Don't even think you maybe able to get ANYTHING out of the stadium. We thank you for your consideration and continued support."
                      I interpreted the last sentence as meaning "We thank you for your consideration, continued support, and most importantly, your money."

I think Yankee management is taking lessons from Sir Charge...

X
                      What's THAT guy doing?

Comment

May I just ask why a Mets fan has an 11 game Yankees plan?

Comment

Originally posted by Saltzy23 View Post
                          May I just ask why a Mets fan has an 11 game Yankees plan?
                          Two very good reasons:
                          1. As I posted in another thread, I'm a Mets fan first... but I'm a ballpark fan first-er.
                          2. The tickets were just $5 apiece... yes, that's right, five dollars for seats that normally sell for $45, or $48 day-of-game. As a ballpark fan, that means I'm going to have eleven chances to visit the famous Yankee Stadium, in its final season of existance, for slightly more than the cost of one regular-priced ticket.

Even Howie Mandel would have to agree... I made an excellent deal!
                          X
                          What's THAT guy doing?

Comment

Fair points. I started that conversation on that thread, so I hear ya. I have Mets season tix(started this year cause its gonna be impossible going forward.) I didn't know there WERE $5 seats left there. I have a bunch of yanks fans with tix so I usually go to 5-10 games a year. actually got into the 'bloody sock" game for $50. I'm gonna miss it more than they will, which is why I hate Yanks fans. they never appreciate what they have. anyway they'll be worth more than $50 next year. Good job...

Comment

This is completely pointless. Some lawyer just got bored and decided to overkill things; that's very specific language that's used in the sale of goods or property, but unless that ticket you bought also bought you Yankee Stadium, it has no application to anything.
                              "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X