• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oakland's Proposed Ballpark

Computer Renderings-

Artist Renderings-

Comment

Are the A's going to keep the Oakland name? I see Fremont is pretty much smack in the middle between Oakland and San Jose. (Aprox. half hour away from each city)

Probably should go by the name California A's.
      Last edited by Sean Ryan; 02-28-2008, 03:17 PM.

Comment

How about Los Angeles A's of San-oak?
        Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

It looks nice, but don't we have enough parks with warehouses at or near the fences? I think we may be approaching time for a new theme.
          1903 - 1912 - 1915 - 1916 - 1918 - 2004 - 2007 - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by KingNothing13 View Post
            It looks nice, but don't we have enough parks with warehouses at or near the fences? I think we may be approaching time for a new theme.
            Who else has it besides the O's at Camden?

Comment

Having the stands extend all the way over the street in LF is an amazing idea. This place looks incrdible.
              www.twitter.com/jasonrosko

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Ryan View Post
                Who else has it besides the O's at Camden?

Petco, Arlington has an office building in CF, Skydome has a hotel integral to the sttucture. But if the point is to integrate the ballpark into the neighborhood then it works.

I'm more concerned with the smal size of the park, about 35,000 capacity. Unless they charge insane prices for seats they are dooming themselves to being perpetual small market also-rans.

Comment

Originally posted by Kentucky Bomber View Post
                  I'm more concerned with the smal size of the park, about 35,000 capacity. Unless they charge insane prices for seats they are dooming themselves to being perpetual small market also-rans.
                  Nothing wrong with being a small market team. I'd say they are pretty good in the league and always seem to be contenders. If there has been anything we have learned since 2000, payroll has NOTHING to do with winning a WS or being a contender. I think this design fits the team well. There is a reason why for the past few years they close off the upper deck at their ballpark. So, why build a huge 50,000 seat new ballpark if you know you aren't going to fill it all the time. Not every city looks up to the Yankees and wants to be them.
                  sigpic

Comment

If it looks anything like these pictures, it will be one of the top 5 parks in the league IMO. This is the type of design the Mets should have gone with.

Comment

It is a flat out gorgeous plan.

Good discussion from last summer here: http://www.baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=66101

Showcasing the finest photography to illuminate the lesser known stories from classic baseball. Now over 2000 followers!
                      https://twitter.com/behindthebagbtb

Comment

Originally posted by Kentucky Bomber View Post

On the other hand, you can't say a small ballpark has hurt the Red Sox.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteU View Post
                          On the other hand, you can't say a small ballpark has hurt the Red Sox.
                          How can it hurt when ure charging over $50 for most seats, and people are willing to pay. As long as they keep a winner on that field they could keep the ticket prices high and make just enough money. And if there's a losing team one year, the ballpark won't look as empty. It's a win win IMO.
                          The 27 Time World Series Champions New York Yankees!

Comment

[QUOTE=Kentucky Bomber;1125191]Petco, Arlington has an office building in CF, Skydome has a hotel integral to the sttucture. But if the point is to integrate the ballpark into the neighborhood then it works.

I'm more concerned with the smal size of the park, about 35,000 capacity. Unless they charge insane prices for seats they are dooming themselves to being perpetual small market also-rans.[/QUOTE]

San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose is not a small market, it's the 6th largest market in the country. Ownership and the A's current ballpark are reasons why they don't spend a lot.

Comment

If I were a Twins/Nats/Yanks/Mets fan, I would be so disappointed when I see pictures of Cisco. One plan where everything is right, and four plans where everything is wrong.

I never thought I'd like any red brick park, but this is gorgeous.
                              http://www.virtualfenway.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X