Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ballparks in Configuration for Football, Hockey, Boxing, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tonypug
    I am especially curious as to whether Wrigley Field and Fenway park had football played there.
    The Bears' record at Wrigley Field is 221-89-22, which adds up to 322 games, which is the most by one team ever played in any stadium.

Comment

Multipurpose Big A for a Rams game. Ruined a great baseball only park for this: :grouchy
      Attached Files
      http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/ex...eline_1961.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesteve32
        Here is the almost completed stadium. Baseball only facility with symetrical dimentions.
        It always had a football pressbox? Or is this a early renovation 79-80 photo
        Last edited by milladrive; 05-07-2012, 01:30 PM.

Comment

It actually always had a football pressbox. It was enlarged when the Lambs came to the venue and dismantled duing the last renovation.
          http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/ex...eline_1961.jpg

Comment

Great pics there Bluesteve. Keep up the great work.

When they dismantled the old football seats,I had hoped that they would have brought back some form of the original big A scoreboard,that gave the stadium its identity in the first place.

Comment

Safeco Field hosted a college football Bowl game once!

Comment

In addition to the Patriots Fenway Park also housed Boston's two Division 1 football programs for decades: Boston College Eagles until 1956 and Boston University Terriers until 1953.
                Best posts ever:
                Originally posted by nymdan
                Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Forbes Field was home of the Steelers from 1933- the early 60s
                  Pirates Fan Forever!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesteve32
                    Anaheim was a great baseball park , then the Rams ruined it by enclosing the stadium. :grouchy

After Georgia left So Cal , the mouse did manage a major renovation to the Big A and it is a fantastic baseball venue again. :gt

Keep football out of baseball parks and loose the astroturf.

Oh yeah, the LA Coliseum was a baseball park, too that has a little football played there.
                    I agree that stadiums are best used for a single purpose.
                    The LA Coleseum was a football stadium used for baseball. The only positive about that was the attenance records set in the 59 WS, which are untouchable.
                    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Rockies played their first year in Mile High.
                    Jack Murphy Stadium in San Diego is a perfect example of what can happen when a stadium is used for two sports. When the city wanted the Super Bowl, they expanded the stadium and made it less baseball friendly, eventually forcing tohe Padres to seek a new stadium.
                    KC had the right idea when they built seperate stadiums for the Chiefs and Royals in the 70's. It just took other cities a while to realize their folly in having dual purpose stadiums.

Welcome back ARod. Hope you are a Yankee forever.
                    Phil Rizzuto-a Yankee forever.

Holy Cow

Comment

Originally posted by soberdennis
                      KC had the right idea when they built seperate stadiums for the Chiefs and Royals in the 70's. It just took other cities a while to realize their folly in having dual purpose stadiums.
                      Plus I never did like watching the early season football games where the teams are playing on infield dirt on part of the field. What a pain that must be for the ground crews to switch fields back and forth all September. Plus I bet there's been plenty a fielder who had to take an error because the ball took a bad hop on a divot from Sunday's football game.

Comment

Of current parks, we've seen football in:

Turner Field (actually it was field events in 96 olympics but park has been reconfigured)
                        Shea Stadium
                        RFK Stadium
                        Dolphins Stadium
                        Wrigley Field
                        AT&T Park (San Francisco bowl, Cfb all star game)
                        Petco Park (Bowl game)
                        Chase Field (Insight bowl)
                        Yankee Stadium
                        Rogers Centre
                        Metrodome
                        Safeco Field (Seattle Bowl)
                        McAfee Coliseum
                        Angels Field (before reconfiguration)

And Tropicana hosted the 1999 Final Four and endured several years as a hockey arena
                        http://capitalfrontiers.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dizzy
                          Busch Stadium used to host both the football and baseball cardinals. It also was the home of the Rams for a half of a season, until the Edward Jones (formally TWA) Dome was completed.
                          Yep, and

Sportsman's Park/Busch I- Cardinals (NFL) 1960-65

Comment

Originally posted by redbuck
                            Of current parks, we've seen football in:

Turner Field (actually it was field events in 96 olympics but park has been reconfigured)
                            Shea Stadium
                            RFK Stadium
                            Dolphins Stadium
                            Wrigley Field
                            AT&T Park (San Francisco bowl, Cfb all star game)
                            Petco Park (Bowl game)
                            Chase Field (Insight bowl)
                            Yankee Stadium
                            Rogers Centre
                            Metrodome
                            Safeco Field (Seattle Bowl)
                            McAfee Coliseum
                            Angels Field (before reconfiguration)

And Tropicana hosted the 1999 Final Four and endured several years as a hockey arena
                            You forgot Fenway, home of the Redskins and Patriots. Also, Angel Stadium is still used for big amateur football games from time to time.

Comment

The NFL Films Super Bowl Collection DVD box sets (stay with me here...) have each year's season recap films as extras. One of the things I enjoy about the seasons in the 60s and early 70s are football games at Yankee Stadium, Wrigley, Fenway, Cleveland, and even some more obvious ones like Metropolitan Stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by steveironcity
                                Forbes Field was home of the Steelers from 1933- the early 60s
                                Where did they play in between the early 60's and when 3 Rivers was built? Pitt?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X