Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ballparks in Configuration for Football, Hockey, Boxing, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SJLT252 View Post
    I heard the game could be rained out tomorrow and played on Saturday. If both days are rained out the game would be cancelled and I am guessing it will be moved to the TD Banknorth Garden on a later date.
    As of right now there's no rain in the forecast so it looks like we're good.
    "Obviously, no one wants to fail. But who's to say that failure's not a good thing masked in the wisdom that you can't see at that point? I just try to look at the positive." - Khalil Greene

Comment

• Wooooooooooooooooooooooooo I am all excited.

Comment

• I was really surprised that they sang O Canada since both teams are American based.
        Last edited by UnderPressure; 01-01-2010, 11:56 AM.
        Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

Comment

• Since the game I think is also being broadcast nationally in Canada, they do that out of deference to the big Canadian audience. I think they do the same in the Cup Finals even if it's two US teams.

Costas's lack of hockey history savvy showed up when he referred to Phil Esposito's retired number as #77. That was his number with the Rangers, he wore #7 in Boston.

Comment

• Great game and a great scene at Fenway. I hope that I will be able to win one of the ticket lotteries one year so that I can attend.

Comment

• Definitely an exciting finish there and another success! As one who finds college football boring beyond belief, I'm glad there's this kind of alternate New Year's Day sports tradition that can take hold now.

Comment

• Originally posted by epaddon View Post
                Since the game I think is also being broadcast nationally in Canada, they do that out of deference to the big Canadian audience. I think they do the same in the Cup Finals even if it's two US teams.

Costas's lack of hockey history savvy showed up when he referred to Phil Esposito's retired number as #77. That was his number with the Rangers, he wore #7 in Boston.
                To be fair Mike Milbury said Thomas won Norris instead of Vezina.

Comment

• im assuming that you guys are not as diehard about hockey like i am, correct me if im wrong.. but what do you, the casual hockey fans think about events like this? does this event attract you to the game at all?

Comment

• ^What are you talking about? Most of us here are die hard hockey fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by trueblue9441 View Post
                      im assuming that you guys are not as diehard about hockey like i am, correct me if im wrong.. but what do you, the casual hockey fans think about events like this? does this event attract you to the game at all?
                      well hockey is my 3rd favorite sport behind baseball then football, and i dont pay that much attention to my own team, the rangers, but i did watch this one and have watched the past 2 as well. its pretty cool to see hockey played outside opposed to inside arenas.

Comment

• A few from UniWatch:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Korean View Post
                          To be fair Mike Milbury said Thomas won Norris instead of Vezina.
                          milbury is a tool. why he is a announcer is beyond me

Comment

• Originally posted by SJLT252 View Post
                            I am a Ranger fan and live north of New York City. I am sure the Pittsburgh schools have the same issues as NY and Philly with the teachers not caring because they are protected by a strong union.
                            No argument there. Something we can agree on.

Comment

• I was watching the pregame show on the NHL Network and Bill Clement said it perfectly "Three years ago they said let's try it. Now they are saying we can't do without it." How true! This game really showcases hockey and goes back to the roots of pond hockey. It is like this, it is now the annual showcase for hockey. By the time the Stanley Cup Finals take place which should be their showcase, the NBA is having their playoffs and baseball is in full swing. I love hockey but I have to admit that it is tough on a hot summer day with temperatures in the high 80's to watch hockey unless my beloved Sabres are playing.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X