Guaranteed Rate Field / U.S. Cellular Field / Comiskey Park [II]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dude Paskert View Post
    Can't the seniors just turn their hearing aids off at gametime???

BTW, do you happen to be from Skokie? Guessing from your moniker...I grew up there.
    I'm actually from Indiana. I don't think I've ever been to Skokie.

Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    For those who may not know, the senior citizen house was there before the ballpark. There's a photo somewhere, maybe even in this very thread, showing the site of the "Cell" as (presumably) taken from the original Comiskey, with the original buildings that used to occupy the site - and in the distance, you can see the senior citizen house.
    That's correct. The image I dug up is a rendering of New Comiskey Park from 1989. The retirement home was always factored into the plans, and that's why I have always blamed the organization. There were ballpark sites discussed closer to the Loop, and combine that with the original Camden Yards design, the results would have been incredible. But Reinsdorf got a sweet deal from the state of Illinois and stayed on the corner of 35th & Shields.

images.jpg
    www.twitter.com/jasonrosko

Comment

• Originally posted by Dude Paskert View Post
      Can't the seniors just turn their hearing aids off at gametime???

BTW, do you happen to be from Skokie? Guessing from your moniker...I grew up there.
      Why is there a retirement home next to an airport? Because old people can't hear.
      The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• My wife is in Chicago at an office conference up in the "Home Plate Club"

Here is a photo she just sent.....

sigpic

Comment

• Mr Laser Beam hopes that the snow will melt before opening day.
          Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

• I don't see what's wrong, looks perfectly playable lol
            The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

• Ron Kittle lays flowers at Minnie Minoso's statue at snowy U.S. Cellular Field.
              Attached Files
              The Ultimate Baseball Look

Modern Synthetic Baseball Fields

Comment

• Thomas homers in new ballpark
                4/22/91: Frank Thomas hits the White Sox first home run at the new Comiskey Park

The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• New Video Boards!
                  http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox/...eo-boards-2016

Comment

• Do or did they ever have anything underneath the dead spot in centerfield?

Comment

• Photoshop rendering.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by gmtobehere View Post
                        Do or did they ever have anything underneath the dead spot in centerfield?
                        Centerfield has a nice Fan Deck that is available to rent for parties during the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by rkshoop View Post
                          Photoshop rendering.
                          That looks sweet!
                          The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

• I recently filled out a survey the White Sox sent me and I said that a new centerfield video board should be a priority. This is going to be a great addition. The board they have is small and only SD

Comment

• Congrats. The new scoreboard was long overdue.
                              The Ultimate Baseball Look

Modern Synthetic Baseball Fields

Comment

• Originally posted by mdseverin View Post
                                I recently filled out a survey the White Sox sent me and I said that a new centerfield video board should be a priority. This is going to be a great addition. The board they have is small and only SD
                                It's actually an HD board, but 2003 technology. It doesn't look bad, but it's tiny.

I'm a fan of the news, obviously, but I really think they need to redesign the whole concourse area. Get rid of the lattice and billboards, put a big entrance on 35th & Wentworth, maybe add a party deck in RF to match the structure in LF. But those are pipe dreams.
                                www.twitter.com/jasonrosko

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X