Final resting place in a Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final resting place in a Stadium

Would a Baseball franchise ever do this in the U.S.?
    Excerpt:
    The Barcelona-based Primera Liga club have unveiled plans for a repository for 20,000 fans' ashes at their new stadium Cornella-El Prat, which is under construction and scheduled to open in November.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...cer&id=3279816

I know someone who scattered some of their mother's ashes at Shea. She was a huuuuge Mets fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf View Post
      I know someone who scattered some of their mother's ashes at Shea. She was a huuuuge Mets fan.
      I hope she likes asphalt.

Comment

I'm sure you guys have heard of these...

My wife told me to forget about it.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Ryan View Post
          I hope she likes asphalt.
          That made me laugh out loud...

Comment

I bet you can do sprinkle ashes at stadiums if you tell the owners how big of a fan they were. Some teams could use the spirital help!
            The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandAmazins View Post
              Would a Baseball franchise ever do this in the U.S.?
              Excerpt:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...cer&id=3279816
              Two words:

Jimmy Hoffa.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteU View Post
                Two words:

Jimmy Hoffa.
                Still waiting to tear down the meadowlands!
                The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

I remember reading a story when Old Comiskey Park was being torn down and replaced by what now is The Cell in Chicago.

It stated that the infield dirt was taken from the old to the new park because there were more than a few Sox fan's ashes mixed in with the infield dirt and the Sox management wanted that to continue.

Comment

Jim Umbricht's ashes were spread in the Astrodome while it was under construction in 1964. His number 32 was retired on Opening Day, 1965. He passed away from cancer.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteU View Post
                      Two words:

Jimmy Hoffa.
                      Where do you think that part of the Turnpike gets its aroma.

Comment

They should do with with Yankee stadium when the new one is built

Comment

Just like the "Dying Cub Fan's Last Request" Steve Goodman's ashes were sprinkled across Wrigley Field.
                          NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
                          Mets360 Mets Past, Present and Future
                          Talking Mets Baseball. A baseball blog with a Mets bias

Comment

Originally posted by Kentucky Bomber View Post
                            I'm sure you guys have heard of these...

My wife told me to forget about it.

Maybe if they were slightly more tasteful, lol. Almost expect a bobble head (with eyes closed?) to be resting on top of them!

I tell everybody (half-jokingly) to just put my ashes in my '60's Mr. Met bank bobble head and put me on top of the TV!

mrmetbank.jpg
                            Last edited by alpineinc; 06-16-2008, 08:41 PM.

Showcasing the finest photography to illuminate the lesser known stories from classic baseball. Now over 2000 followers!
                            https://twitter.com/behindthebagbtb

Comment

Jim U

Originally posted by Astros View Post
                              Jim Umbricht's ashes were spread in the Astrodome while it was under construction in 1964. His number 32 was retired on Opening Day, 1965. He passed away from cancer.
                              I did not know that. I had his 1964 baseball card. Looking at it always made me uncomfortable as a kid for on the back side it had said he had passed away. I still have card however. :candle:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X