When It Was A Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When It Was A Game

I ordered and finally got the 3 disc set of this great HBO Sports series. I remember watching the first 2 when I was younger. I'd say that this program is a valuable resource for ballparks.

On a side note, I never knew that during the 1940's, the Giants wore red, white and blue as their colors during the war. Seeing the footage, they look a lot like Met's uniforms.

What's everyone elses thoughts on this 3 part program? I haven't gotten to watch much yet. It's been so long since I saw the first 2 that it's like I am watching it for the first time and I never saw the 3rd one.
    sigpic

I also have not seen that in a long time. When did that come out. I do have all the episodes of Ken Burns baseball documentary on VHS. I taped them at the time, I believe it was in 1994. Of course now I have all those tapes and no VCR to watch them on.

ps. don't tell PBS or Ken Burns that I taped their program without the express written consent !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bleacherbum73 View Post
      I also have not seen that in a long time. When did that come out. I do have all the episodes of Ken Burns baseball documentary on VHS. I taped them at the time, I believe it was in 1994. Of course now I have all those tapes and no VCR to watch them on.

ps. don't tell PBS or Ken Burns that I taped their program without the express written consent !!!!
      I think the WIWAG came out on DVD in 2000. I think that's what the Copyright says on the box. As far as when they each were first aired, I can't recall. I bought the 3 disc set that has each installment. I wouldn't be surprised if the Ken Burns set is on DVD as well. Sadly, I haven't seen it.
      sigpic

Comment

Amazon....

Baseball - A Film By Ken Burns ~ Mike Barnicle, Mary Pratt (III), Lou Costello, and George Will (DVD - 2004)
        Buy new: $161.99 39 Used & new from $99.99
        Get it by Monday, Mar 17 if you order in the next 20 hours and choose one-day shipping.
        Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping.
        (12)

Comment

In a case of impeccible timing, it was on PBS a month or two after the baseball strike began (just as they cancelled the remaining part of the 94 season & WS).

Comment

You'll be happy to know that in Sony Corp. v. Universal City Studios (aka The Betamax case) the Supreme Court ruled that taping shows for your own personal use is allowed regarless of express written consent

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Co...l_City_Studios

Comment

Wiwag

I Have The 3 Dvd Set. I Watched Them All Today. The First Dvd Says 1991 In The Credits And The Second Dvd Is 1992. I Believe The 3rd Dvd Came Out With The Set. I Taped The First Two Years Ago. I Forgot How Much Of The Old Stadiums Were Shown!
              Last edited by DMR67442; 03-16-2008, 06:52 PM. Reason: MISS SPELL

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X