Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PadreHomer
    • Feb 2005

Dodger Stadium isn't all that bad actually. The concourses are a little dark, but they are kept up pretty well. They probably should spend some money renovating the bathrooms and adding better TVs to the concession stands, but I could definitely see Dodger Stadium lasting another 50 years.

Comment

• willisraverchk77
      Comerica the Beautiful!
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by PadreHomer View Post
      They probably should spend some money renovating the bathrooms and adding better TVs to the concession stands, but I could definitely see Dodger Stadium lasting another 50 years.
      they just did all that on the bottom level. next years off season is the next level up.

Comment

• PadreHomer
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by willisraverchk77 View Post
        they just did all that on the bottom level. next years off season is the next level up.
        Yeah last time I was there (last April) I sat in the upper deck. Great views of the field from up there though.

Comment

• PJ-34
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by placount View Post
          the only two left are the florida teams, maybe toronto but i dont think theyre ready

Lol Toronto? we might have the best stadium in Baseball. And with all the renovations in 07 I think we might have the best stadium, with the CN tower luming over the stadium, it just makes it all that better and don't even sweat a rain delay.

Comment

• Manhattan
            Team Veteran
            • Mar 2008

So Who Gets One Next?

Originally posted by PJ-34 View Post
            Lol Toronto? we might have the best stadium in Baseball. And with all the renovations in 07 I think we might have the best stadium, with the CN tower luming over the stadium, it just makes it all that better and don't even sweat a rain delay.
            It might be Kansas City that could have a new baseball stadium? I don't know right now which team have a new baseball stadium besides the New York Yankees and also besides the New York Mets.

Comment

• JT7
              • Mar 2008

With talks of new ownership....how about the Cubs?

Comment

• JohnCropp
                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by JT7 View Post
                With talks of new ownership....how about the Cubs?
                Oooohhh.... we can't talk about the Cubs.

We can't even discuss naming rights for Wrigley.

Even though they wanted to build a new park in the 80's... it's sacred.

Comment

• Chevy114
                  • Feb 2008

I think the dogers are one of the few teams that don't need a retro stadium because they already have what other teams are trying to recreate. Its like how no complains about lambeau field becaues its kept its original identity and been renovated just enough to keep it up to date.

The Skydome is cool because its very futuristic looking to me and they will have the same problem the astros had. Being that they are first team to have a retractable roof there will be a lot of debate of whether to stay or go. In my opinion if the stadium is dirty you can clean it or resurface it. But if the stadium is falling apart or on shakey ground, then you have to get a new one no matter what people want. Just don't tear it down because it doesn't have that new stadium smell!

I know the rays marlins and A's are getting new ballparks, but aren't they talking about giving the cubs and red sox new stadiums?
                  The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

• PeteU
                    Birds and Fish
                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by wvkeeper View Post
                    Now that NY Mets and Yanks have new ones on the way and Wash is done.

Who actually gets one built next?
                    As other have mentioned, Twins will be ready in two years, and A's soon thereafter.

Assuming no roadblocks, the Marlins should be ready in 2011, as the agreement has been made in principle and all funding has been cleared.

Should the Rays get a funding okay in the next year or two, I'd say they move into their new place in 2012 or 2013.

Other than that, the only place I see getting replaced in the next 10 years is Toronto. Yes, I know the Skydome has plenty of skyboxes, but it's a multipurpose holdover, and the trend is for baseball teams to want a place of their own. I'd look to see the Blue Jays quietly start advocating for a new ballpark in about 5 years.

Comment

• wrigleybum
                      • Nov 2006

The Twins are getting an outdoor stadium

It's opening day, and its snowing in Minneapolis right now. I can see problems with that in the future.

But the Metrodome is a ****** place to watch baseball, they needed something new.

Comment

• derby625
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by wrigleybum View Post

It's opening day, and its snowing in Minneapolis right now. I can see problems with that in the future.

But the Metrodome is a ****** place to watch baseball, they needed something new.
                        I'm not confused about an outdoor stadium; it's worth it for the summer. Chicago, Detroit, and Cleveland would all have the same issue but no one seems to complain about outdoor baseball there. Only 4 more hours of work before I bail to go to the game.

And Oakland is for sure getting their new stadium:
                        The official website of the Oakland Athletics with the most up-to-date information on scores, schedule, stats, tickets, and team news.

Comment

• soberdennis
                          • May 2006

Originally posted by cgcoyne2 View Post
                          I've been in the Rogers' Center in Toronto. It too is a dump!!!!: And what's with the foul areas and the warning track also being carpet. Brown carpet to boot!!!

And what is this crap about Toronto being so clean, not in my lifetime. I was there in 2006. At least the Hockey Hall of Fame is awesome.

Opening Day is 2 days away, Go YANKEES!!!
                          I have also been in the Skydome (note my use of the proper name.), but not for baseball. It was a special non Sports event I have had the great pleasure to be part of.
                          I agree that the multipurpose stadium have to go, even though my event probably would not have been precluded by a baseball only stadium. I, too, expect the Jays to be clammering for a new park in a few years.

Welcome back ARod. Hope you are a Yankee forever.
                          Phil Rizzuto-a Yankee forever.

Holy Cow

Comment

• placount
                            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by soberdennis View Post
                            I have also been in the Skydome (note my use of the proper name.), but not for baseball. It was a special non Sports event I have had the great pleasure to be part of.
                            I agree that the multipurpose stadium have to go, even though my event probably would not have been precluded by a baseball only stadium. I, too, expect the Jays to be clammering for a new park in a few years.
                            i did notice that, and for it i offer you a prize
                            http://peterton.myminicity.com/

Comment

• Lafferty Daniel
                              Goodbye Teflon Sky
                              • May 2007

Is an outdoor ballpark in Minneapolis that much different than Wrigley? Both cities have almost identical weather (except for the wind.) The Twins have already mentioned numerous times that they will work out their schedule with MLB to start the season on the road.

Comment

• placount
                                • Jun 2007

just start the twins on a five game road trip, a week into april there will be no snow storms. weve done weather comparisons on here several times and the differences between msp, chicago, cleveland, boston, pittsburg, philadelphia, and even new york all within 5 degrees average temperature in april. boston is actually a degree colder on average. theres no concern about open air baseball in minneapolis.
                                http://peterton.myminicity.com/

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X