Do not rename Wrigley!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do not rename Wrigley!!

I know that we have a no advertising rule here, but this site is purely non profit and has nothing to gain other than collecting names to support the group that is against the renaming of Wrigley.

This is bigger than just being a Cubs fan; it's the history of our game being erased so if you're against the renaming of the friendly confines, just sign your name.

http://www.keepitwrigley.com/
    "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
    Carl Yastrzemski

Good initiative.

We must prevent this idiot of an owner to change the name of this historic landmark. Blasphemy!!

Comment

What is the big deal with renaming the park? Wrigley already is a corporate name, so it's not like it's named Chicago Park.

If they end up making Wrigley an acceptable place to watch baseball by fixing up the concourses and restrooms, I don't care what it's called. As it is now, it's just not a pleasant place to be. Let's hope they'll fix up the park, then Cubs fans should be happy they get to keep their park for years.
      http://www.virtualfenway.com

Comment

It's funny that the first corporate named park draws such ire in possibly renaming it.

Comment

Originally posted by vtbub View Post
          It's funny that the first corporate named park draws such ire in possibly renaming it.
          that's not the same as a naming rights deal. that's like saying tiger stadium was a corporate named stadium because the tigers are a corporation.

Comment

Cubs ownership should just re-do the whole darn park. The place, literally, is crumbling down.

Went to a game there when they were playing my ChiSox. The most uncomfortable, non-fan friendly place around.

Comment

Keep it Wrigley!
              "I swing big, with everything I've got. I hit big or I miss big. I like to live as big as I can." - Babe Ruth

Comment

I go to baseball games to watch baseball, not hang out in the concourses and such. I know plenty of "fan-friendly" places that can't touch the Wrigley experience.

I hope they don't ruin that when they rebuild it.

Comment

Originally posted by J.R. View Post
                  I go to baseball games to watch baseball, not hang out in the concourses and such. I know plenty of "fan-friendly" places that can't touch the Wrigley experience.

I hope they don't ruin that when they rebuild it.
                  If you go to games to watch baseball. Then what is the "Wrigley experience"?

100 years of futility?

Rename it. Remodel it.

Comment

Originally posted by soxnut67 View Post
                    If you go to games to watch baseball. Then what is the "Wrigley experience"?

100 years of futility?

Rename it. Remodel it.
                    Obvious we won't see your name on the petition, thanks for chiming in here though, have a nice day!

(It's only been 99 years. Learn basic math.)
                    Last edited by RBi; 04-06-2008, 03:37 PM.
                    BELIEVE

Comment

they really need to keep it Wrigley Field
                      Last edited by dbacksfan95; 04-06-2008, 03:33 PM.
                      "I swing big, with everything I've got. I hit big or I miss big. I like to live as big as I can." - Babe Ruth

Comment

C'mon folks..Send the link to all your friends
                        Last edited by runningshoes; 04-06-2008, 03:36 PM.
                        "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
                        Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by runningshoes View Post
                          None of that stuff, eh?

This thread already has a short shelf life...you want to make it worse?
                          no
                          sorry man

Comment

Courtesy of "The Onion"

Comment

Originally posted by willisraverchk77 View Post
                              that's not the same as a naming rights deal. that's like saying tiger stadium was a corporate named stadium because the tigers are a corporation.
                              If Phillip Wrigley didn't own the gum company, I'd agree with you. He may not have paid himself for the name of the park, but until 1977, the Cubs and Doublemint gum were one and the same.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X