Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "grass" was field turf, which I believe was invented near Montreal

Comment

• original surface was monsanto astroturf, fieldturf was much later.
      the turd in the punchbowl
      reality really sucks.
      enjoy the game more...

Comment

• Originally posted by chip View Post
        Oriole Park was the stand in for the unfinished at the time Jacobs Field not Cleveland Stadium.
        The color scheme of the park in the movie (blue walls) seemed to me to suggest it was supposed to be Cleveland Stadium. But maybe I'm wrong. Regardless, it came off looking rather ill-fitting.
        Last edited by PeteU; 03-02-2011, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigOneBitey View Post
          I think the dugouts still exist, it's just that they don't really need to have those seats in baseball position anymore.

You can see in the seating charts up there where the sections that they move are.
          Did they have movable sections on both sides (i.e. first and third base)?
          It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
            Did they have movable sections on both sides (i.e. first and third base)?
            yes, the two layouts from roughly the same perspective
            Attached Files
            reality really sucks.
            enjoy the game more...

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul W View Post
              yes, the two layouts from roughly the same perspective
              Those are also old pictures, in the 90's the field level blue seats were detached and brought in to make bleacher seats. The seats right behind the plate were also sunk into a small section with a camera pit and some VIP seats

Comment

• Originally posted by Jays_Fan View Post
                It's a regular dome. The retractable part never really operated.

Little known fact, the baseball turf at the Big O was sold to the Toronto Blue Jays when the Expos left.
                The retractable part operated from 1989-1998, so it did work for a short time.

http://assets.espn.go.com/mlb/s/2003/0422/1542317.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Buzzy05401 View Post
                  The retractable part operated from 1989-1998, so it did work for a short time.

http://assets.espn.go.com/mlb/s/2003/0422/1542317.html
                  They had stopped trying to open the roof by '92.

Comment

• one game in '89 was postponed because the retractable roof could not operate in the strong winds of a squall that blew through and it's rainfall saturated the playing surface.
                    i was in toronto at the time and the locals there liked the fact that skydome roof worked and it as not as expensive!
                    reality really sucks.
                    enjoy the game more...

Comment

• The Big O may once again see life as a baseball facility.

http://tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=361080

Comment

• Hated those suitcase diamonds with no dirt except right around the bases! Minnesota Twins ballpark was the same way. It just didnt' look right without dirt.
                        RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

• I don't miss any of this.
                          The domes, the cookie cutters, the plastic grass with little patches of dirt around the bases...
                          I hated them then and I feel no nostalgia for them now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Philtration View Post
                            I don't miss any of this.
                            The domes, the cookie cutters, the plastic grass with little patches of dirt around the bases...
                            I can't imagine there's too many people that do. But there are a lot of people that would feel nostalgic to see another pro ball game in Montreal, and since Jarry Park isn't available it would have to be at the Big Owe

Comment

• Former pitcher Jerry Reuss took these in 1990 (much bigger pics at his flickr site):

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Philtration View Post
                                I don't miss any of this.
                                +1 Philtration.
                                :cap: Everything from parking to peanuts at the ballgame...check out www.BallparkEGuides.com! :cap:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X