Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoMets687 View Post

I never understood why so many people disliked this place. At least the seats face the infield. The seating bowl doesn't look bad at all for baseball. The exterior is stunning. Keep in mind this is coming from someone that has been attending games at the Metrodump for the past 20+ years.

Comment

Originally posted by jC... View Post
        Does anyone have any pics of the Expos playing with the roof off? I know it didn't have the roof until 1988. And I think one season in 1998.
        I only have a few pictures without the roof, and most are of low quality. The first picture is from 1982 MLB All-Star Game (yes, I know the image is flipped) while the second is from the 1976 Summer Olympic Games.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Greg B. View Post
            I seem to recall that the roof material was stored in a warehouse in Marseilles, France for many years waiting for the tower structure to be done.
            Not sure when it was delivered, but the material sat in one of the underground lots beneath the stadium for a long time, prompting the joke that the Big O was the only stadium whose roof was in the basement.
            Now I understand that even a demolition is going to be hugely expensive because of the involvement of the stadium into Montreal's subway system.
            As far as I know, no plans have been announced to demolish the stadium.

Comment

big "owe" roof...

the original retractable roof being installed.
              good idea, bad execution...
              Attached Files
              the turd in the punchbowl
              reality really sucks.
              enjoy the game more...

Comment

big "owe"...

not a bad place to see a game - good fans, good beer and good organist fernand lapierre, listen...
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjinbyfuuHA

mlb had no interest in montreal!
                reality really sucks.
                enjoy the game more...

Comment

How good could the fans be if they never went.
                  Ballparks, Stadiums, & Green Diamonds Died In '08

Comment

Originally posted by baseballman1243 View Post
                    I guess there weren't a lot of them, but those who were there were good.

Comment

expos fans...

they did go - u can look it up... they came from all over eastern canada, new hampshire, vermont and upstate new york.
                      they stopped going when mlb turned it's back on the franchise. the selig inside job that involved the expos/red sox/marlins was a sham. the only reason that luria "bought" the expos was that he knew that john henry would get the sox (despite higher bidders) and luria would get the marlins. wanna talk about fans who don't show up? looks like his squeeze of the florida taxpayers may be stopped in court - http://www.fieldofschemes.com/ look @ 7/23 entry.
                      Last edited by Paul W; 07-25-2008, 05:24 PM.
                      reality really sucks.
                      enjoy the game more...

Comment

Originally posted by baseballman1243 View Post
                        Olympic Stadium attendance was above league average from 1979 to 1983. It dipped a bit afterwards and fluctuated, though not too far behind the NL average, up until the team was put up for sale and bought by Loria. The Expos outdrew the Mets in ten seasons out of twenty eight, including 1994-1996.
                        http://baseball-fever.com/showthread...98#post1164998

Comment

Man, that would suck when there is a passed ball.
                          The catcher gets to run on a track!
                          Go Gigantes!

Comment

Fans stopped going to games when the Expos became the Stop and Shop for the other teams. I went to at least 10 games in 1994 when they were in 1st place and there had to have been at least of 30,000 people there for each game.

Olympic Stadium was not bad at all. I enjoyed paying $45 Canadian to sit it the front row behind the dugout, drink good beer and eat the best nachos.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzy05401 View Post
                              Fans stopped going to games when the Expos became the Stop and Shop for the other teams. I went to at least 10 games in 1994 when they were in 1st place and there had to have been at least of 30,000 people there for each game.

Olympic Stadium was not bad at all. I enjoyed paying $45 Canadian to sit it the front row behind the dugout, drink good beer and eat the best nachos.
                              I dont think there was a bad seat in the place. Its problem was that it had a roof. Ive paid $7 for beer at both Olympic Stadium and Yankee Stadium. Yankee stadium was for a can. The "O" got you a BUCKET of Molson. I miss that place.

Comment

Remember that bottom photo view well! What a ride in 1999. Almost as high as the Chrysler Building.
                                RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X