• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J2K
    replied
    Originally posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    Via Samuel Wood

[ATTACH]154981[/ATTACH]
    Sure was! It was called Olympic Stadium for a reason.

Leave a comment:

• MC EXPOS
    replied
    Sure looks like it, the white uniforms also makes us believe that it was taken in Montreal

Leave a comment:

• Phantom Dreamer
    replied
    Expos catcher Gary Carter was born on this date in 1954. Was this picture taken on Olympic Stadium's old warning track?

463557-gary-carter-echauffe-avant-match.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Phantom Dreamer
    replied
    Via Samuel Wood

CfRX7N0VIAA9ddM.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Phantom Dreamer
    replied
    Youppi! doing its thing, on an ATV, during a rain delay at Stade Olympique. Grow the game.

CfIWgrdWwAITauz.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Paul W
    replied
    Expo-necrophilia is alive and "well"!
    The monument to Drapeau is no better or worse than it was when the franchise left.
    As was the case the last few years, drive up the demand for a product that has been withheld for a decade or more and
    ration the availability with 2 openings and it's no surprise that the sheep come a runnin'!
    Doesn't hurt that the Canadiens suck and it's still winter either.
    Jayz through Rogers are pushing their brand into Quebec, they found promoters who can make it happen and VoilĂ !
    there's "demand" for scheduled (and post-season) tix prices for games that don't count.
    It's still MLB's "dark side of the moon".

Leave a comment:

• Chevy114
    replied
    Great video!

Leave a comment:

• Matt The Hammer
    replied
    Seeing the immaculate mechanical condition of the stadium makes you think of this place in a better light. Wow. That is some engineering!

Leave a comment:

• MC EXPOS
    replied
    Originally posted by bluejaysfan View Post
    Interesting video even if I only understood 20% of it.

I know that one can access the pool from the stadium through a door. Do you happen to know if there is an underground connection between the Biodome and the stadium?
    Good question, I don't think so, however im not certain

Leave a comment:

• bluejaysfan
    replied
    Originally posted by MC EXPOS View Post
    This clip is in French, but its a really cool one that brings you in the bowels and never before seen places in this architectural wonder, a must see

http://infoman.radio-canada.ca/emiss...ade-olympique/
    Interesting video even if I only understood 20% of it.

I know that one can access the pool from the stadium through a door. Do you happen to know if there is an underground connection between the Biodome and the stadium?

Leave a comment:

• MC EXPOS
    replied
    This clip is in French, but its a really cool one that brings you in the bowels and never before seen places in this architectural wonder, a must see

http://infoman.radio-canada.ca/emiss...ade-olympique/

Leave a comment:

• Gary Dunaier
    replied
    Originally posted by bluejaysfan View Post
    The bullpen setup behind CF. I am unsure if this is where the bullpens were located when the Expos were around.
    No, the bullpens were on the warning tracks. (Link to image)

Leave a comment:

• The Old Ballpark
    replied
    My thanks to all who have contributed to this thread with photos and videos from the past weekend. Particularly love all the shots and clips of the concourses and support areas of the Big O.

It's been a blast!

Leave a comment:

• schnu
    replied
    The old retractable roof didn't look like it could keep the heat in that well, does anyone have any knowledge or experience about how warm it was inside during the brief time the roof was functional?

[ATTACH]154871[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]154872[/ATTACH]
    The only time I went to Olympic Stadium was when I was in college in Upstate NY - it was the 2nd game of the 1988 season so it was early April in Montreal. I don't recall it being particularly hot or cold in the stadium - the one photo I have of me at the game is sitting in a Mets BP jersey so it was warm enough in the building to sit without a coat on with the roof closed.

Leave a comment:

• schnu
    replied
    The old retractable roof didn't look like it could keep the heat in that well, does anyone have any knowledge or experience about how warm it was inside during the brief time the roof was functional?

[ATTACH]154871[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]154872[/ATTACH]
    The only time I went to Olympic Stadium was when I was in college in Upstate NY - it was the 2nd game of the 1988 season so it was early April in Montreal. I don't recall it being particularly hot or cold in the stadium - the one photo I have of me at the game is sitting in a Mets BP jersey so it was warm enough in the building to sit without a coat on with the roof closed.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X