X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bluejaysfan
    replied
    1916241_10156961498465105_9084062193876842633_n.jpg

It may have been a terrible stadium for baseball, but it has a very unique design.

12439413_10156961497365105_8684197466141036541_n.jpg

Talk about an obstructed view!

12961511_10156961497210105_2300673168240675742_n.jpg

The bullpen setup behind CF. I am unsure if this is where the bullpens were located when the Expos were around.

12932897_10156961497075105_8878109112924432267_n.jpg

Very strange setup under the scoreboard. I believe that when it was originally opened there was standing room seating here for CFL football. The present day scoreboard wasn't built until later. I believe the Olympic Pools are behind that black wall.

12932919_10156961496875105_7320710525718286629_n.jpg

Yes the roof leaked.

Leave a comment:

• NickEsasky
    replied
    Originally posted by mandrake View Post
    Sorry, but facts are a terrible thing.

As Chip posted: I can't help but agree with this. I'm watching the opening day game at the Trop and it sounds like they are playing at the SkyDome. There are more Jays fans than Rays fans!

Facts.
    As I said, lets not ruin the good vibrations with nonsense. I'll post my rebuttal in the Tropicana Field thread since that thing has sunk to the levels of market defense (which I'm largely to blame for). So go check it out there.

Leave a comment:

• Chevy114
    replied
    Originally posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    When was the last time a MLB team failed to draw 30,000+ for a season opener? Defending the Rays fanbase by citing their attendance doesn't seem to be a strong position. Would the Rays have as much fan fare as the Expos after being gone for over a decade? Doubtful.
    So your telling me a team with a poor history of attendance is better than a team with better attendance historically? You can't solve a problem with a problem.

Leave a comment:

• Phantom Dreamer
    replied
    Originally posted by Chevy114 View Post
    Anyone can show up for a short amount of games. The Rays had 30K plus yesterday. It's the long term that makes or breaks a city getting a team. Facts.
    When was the last time a MLB team failed to draw 30,000+ for a season opener? Defending the Rays fanbase by citing their attendance doesn't seem to be a strong position. Would the Rays have as much fan fare as the Expos after being gone for over a decade? Doubtful.

Leave a comment:

• MC EXPOS
    replied
    Here is a great video shot this weekend by Elliott Price, a former Expos broadcaster, you gotta check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Vr...ature=youtu.be

Leave a comment:

• MC EXPOS
    replied
    Check out this cool 360 view of Olympic Stadium

https://theta360.com/s/3ck87q4G8AWVW95jNoVn65yqW

Leave a comment:

• Chevy114
    replied
    Oh and more facts Tampa beat Montreal in attendance every year they both played and our last 3 years have been better than their last 3 years in Montreal. So let's get back to a beautiful thing. The crowd looked fun and I hoe they get an expansion team and I hope they get the stadium they deserve!

Leave a comment:

• Chevy114
    replied

As Chip posted: I can't help but agree with this. I'm watching the opening day game at the Trop and it sounds like they are playing at the SkyDome. There are more Jays fans than Rays fans!

Facts.
    Anyone can show up for a short amount of games. The Rays had 30K plus yesterday. It's the long term that makes or breaks a city getting a team. Facts.

Leave a comment:

• mandrake
    replied
    Originally posted by NickEsasky View Post
    This thread has some cool pictures of a fun event. Don't garbage it up with trolling posts.

Facts.

Leave a comment:

• Phantom Dreamer
    replied
    The old retractable roof didn't look like it could keep the heat in that well, does anyone have any knowledge or experience about how warm it was inside during the brief time the roof was functional?

CfL8kB3UUAATYhC.jpg

8997f8d540866c2618cd3c16c6eb7559.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Phantom Dreamer
    replied
    I miss all the concrete.

CfAAWyYUEAA4K8-.jpg

Leave a comment:

• bluejaysfan
    replied
    It poured during the game yesterday, and as I was leaving I could see water leaking down from one of the upper levels down to the 200 level. It was a fairly constant stream. I explored the stadium at several points during the weekend. I stood at the very back of the stadium in behind the bleachers and from there you can really appreciate just how large the stadium is.

Leave a comment:

• chip
    replied
    Watching today's game.

If the Rays were in Montreal, they would have 1/3 of their home games against the Toronto Blue Jays, Boston Red Sox, and New York Yankees. Rays drew 1,287,000 in 2015. That was down from 1,446,000 in 2014. They could draw a million or more just against their 3 closest rivals.

Pull the plug on Tampa already and head up to Olympic Stadium !!!
    I can't help but agree with this. I'm watching the opening day game at the Trop and it sounds like they are playing at the SkyDome. There are more Jays fans than Rays fans!

Leave a comment:

• chip
    replied
    Thanks MC, great job!

(I really need an Expos hat)

Leave a comment:

• alpineinc
    replied
    Great pics!! Was fun watching on TV, fans were really into it. And it's nostalgic and kinda cool seeing what is now an "older" scoreboard and graphics. Vive le Stade Olympique!

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X