Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnCropp
    replied
    Olympic Stadium is being used to house refugees: Facing Wave of Refugees, Montreal Opens Up Stadium for Housing

04Montreal-superJumbo.jpg

Leave a comment:

• alpineinc
    replied
    Originally posted by MC EXPOS View Post
    Hit number 4000 for Pete Rose in an Expos uniform. Opening day 1984. Also in this clip, at bats for Hall of Famers Tim Raines, and Andre Dawson.
    Cool clip. Didn't know he hit it off Kooz. I like how he just bounced it on the turf before tossing it to his hitting coach lol.

Leave a comment:

• MC EXPOS
    replied
    Hit number 4000 for Pete Rose in an Expos uniform. Opening day 1984. Also in this clip, at bats for Hall of Famers Tim Raines, and Andre Dawson.

Last edited by alpineinc; 04-14-2017, 06:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MC EXPOS
    replied
    Over 95000 for the 2 games again this year. Hopefully Montreal will get a team back soon.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• rainmaker
    replied
    The Big O looks great. Glad to see baseball back in Montreal even if it is only for a few games.

Leave a comment:

• alpineinc
    replied
    Au jeu!

C8R9rIUXoAIscKb.jpg

C8R5F2tUwAA3UN8.jpg-large.jpeg

C8SCdV8WsAEnIM6.jpg-large.jpeg

Leave a comment:

• MC EXPOS
    replied
    Pirates and Blue Jays to play last 2 spring training games at Olympic stadium in 2017
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• iceberg
    replied
    It was never natural grass for Expos games.

Leave a comment:

• rainmaker
    replied
    Great pictures. Does anyone know how long did the field remained natural grass?

Leave a comment:

• MC EXPOS
    replied
    Originally posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    39 years ago today, April 15, 1977, the Expos played their first game at Stade Olympique!

[ATTACH]155151[/ATTACH]
    Hard to believe how great this franchise once was.

Leave a comment:

• Phantom Dreamer
    replied
    39 years ago today, April 15, 1977, the Expos played their first game at Stade Olympique!

CCo-zipW8AAZ24o.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Phantom Dreamer
    replied
    Montreal, Quebec.

CfsFjarW8AEXi5Z.jpg

Cf9EdBPWwAAytj4.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Phantom Dreamer
    replied
    Plus those games are exhibitions...

Leave a comment:

• MC EXPOS
    replied
    Originally posted by Anubis2051 View Post
    My friends and I have gone each year to the exhibitions. LOVE the city. Honestly one of my favorite places in the world.

As for the stadium - I'll say this. It's gotten less....intense each and every year. The fans, while there's more of them, seem less into the game if that makes sense? It may just be that the first year was the first time, and the best game, that I've seen, but there were NO let's go Expos chants this year. The first year it was non-stop. The faults in the stadium are also becoming more apparent to me as I go more, but that may be me. The first time was very exciting and new. But this last time it felt very...blah. I don't even know if it's okay for a temporary home, especially seeing the, uh, plumbing situation.

That said, I do love the city. Love seeing Expos stuff all around too. I think the fans deserve a new team, but they need a new ballpark first.
    Yes fair enough, as the years pass we are getting more and more impatient for a team to return. Just gotta keep in mind that the blue jays and red sox are not our teams, so hard to get into the game as much.

Leave a comment:

• Anubis2051
    replied
    Originally posted by MC EXPOS View Post
    How was your overall experience, would like to hear it seeing that you aren't from Montreal
    My friends and I have gone each year to the exhibitions. LOVE the city. Honestly one of my favorite places in the world.

As for the stadium - I'll say this. It's gotten less....intense each and every year. The fans, while there's more of them, seem less into the game if that makes sense? It may just be that the first year was the first time, and the best game, that I've seen, but there were NO let's go Expos chants this year. The first year it was non-stop. The faults in the stadium are also becoming more apparent to me as I go more, but that may be me. The first time was very exciting and new. But this last time it felt very...blah. I don't even know if it's okay for a temporary home, especially seeing the, uh, plumbing situation.

That said, I do love the city. Love seeing Expos stuff all around too. I think the fans deserve a new team, but they need a new ballpark first.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X