Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying old stadium seats--what are they attached to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cgcoyne2
    replied
    Looks like the Mets are selling the Shea seats. 2 seats for $869. They say that they are stripping the handrests and reapainting them for indoor use. Shipping and Handling is included. You just have to add state sales tax. In NJ it's 7%, so 2 seats stripped, repainted and shipped is only $929.83. That really is a good price. Well, considering.

I'm thinking the Yankee Stadium seats would go for about $1000 for 2. But I just read they'll try to sell them for $1923. Great, just great!!!!

www.mets.com/shea
    Last edited by cgcoyne2; 09-03-2008, 04:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• YankeeStadium1923
    replied
    Originally posted by Kentucky Bomber View Post
    Which both teams immediately denied. Thta's not to say both teams won't find some way to negotitiate a sale of stadium memorabilia that will profit them, but try to stay current.
    Stay Current?

Why would the Yankees and Mets immediately deny the sale of both ballparks to them when they are the ones initiating the talks?

NY Post headline:
    YANKEES & METS WANT THEIR CUT$
    MAKE SECRET PITCH TO CITY FOR STADIUM SCRAP SELL-OFFS

Where are you receiving your info?

Leave a comment:

• Kentucky Bomber
    replied
    Originally posted by YankeeStadium1923 View Post
    The NY Post reported in late March that both the Yankees and the Mets are in negotiations to buy the remains of Yankee and Shea Stadiums to sell them as souvenirs.
    Which both teams immediately denied. Thta's not to say both teams won't find some way to negotitiate a sale of stadium memorabilia that will profit them, but try to stay current.

Leave a comment:

• YankeeStadium1923
    replied
    Originally posted by b1011r View Post
    The Yankees will be seeing zero money from selling seats. New York owns Yankee Stadium and they will be handling the sale.
    Actually that was probably the original plans for the sale of memorabilia.

The NY Post reported in late March that both the Yankees and the Mets are in negotiations to buy the remains of Yankee and Shea Stadiums to sell them as souvenirs.
    This actually make sense to cut the teams in on the process, since they can market to fans better than the City. I'm sure the City will get there cut , however the Yankees and Mets will receive the net of the proceeds.

Leave a comment:

• b1011r
    replied
    Yankee Seats

The Yankees will be seeing zero money from selling seats. New York owns Yankee Stadium and they will be handling the sale.

Leave a comment:

• jimmyjimjimz
    replied
    sorry for the double post. delete this, whoever can.

Leave a comment:

• jimmyjimjimz
    replied
    Originally posted by buccos1979 View Post
    The best way to match paint is to take a piece of the original to a Lowe's or Home Depot and have them color match with a High Gloss Oil based paint, which is what the old stadium used to use.
    PLEASE don't bring it to Home Depot.

Home Depot treats their employees horrible

I used to work at Home Depot, so I know.

I worked my ass off, and they called me lazy

Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    In the 2008 Mets Yearbook (page 191), there's a full page ad from Steiner Sports offering Shea seats. The ad pictures a pair of Field Level seats (with padding on the seat), has the headline "OWN A PIECE OF SHEA!", says "Own a Pair of Seats from Shea Stadium only through Mets-Steiner Collectibles! (Quantities are very limited)," and there's a phone number you can call for more information.

So that's how the Mets are going to sell their seats.
    I thought Steinbrenner owned Steiner Sports
    Last edited by jimmyjimjimz; 04-21-2008, 07:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Reds41
    replied
    Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    In the 2008 Mets Yearbook (page 191), there's a full page ad from Steiner Sports offering Shea seats. The ad pictures a pair of Field Level seats (with padding on the seat), has the headline "OWN A PIECE OF SHEA!", says "Own a Pair of Seats from Shea Stadium only through Mets-Steiner Collectibles! (Quantities are very limited)," and there's a phone number you can call for more information.

If Steiner is involved, hold onto your wallets. Those seats will be jacked up about 3x what they actually should be sold for. And fools will buy them at that price.

I will bet you right here, right now, if Steiner is selling Yankee Stadium seats, they will be $3-4,000 a pair.

Leave a comment:

• buccos1979
    replied
    Paint

The best way to match paint is to take a piece of the original to a Lowe's or Home Depot and have them color match with a High Gloss Oil based paint, which is what the old stadium used to use.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Dunaier
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cgcoyne2
    replied
    Originally posted by Reds41 View Post
    There was a company about 8-10 years ago that had the exact paint colors already mixed for the different stadiums so that you could refinish your seats.

I just can't remember the name of it. Any help?

I'm also very interested.

Leave a comment:

• cgcoyne2
    replied
    Originally posted by six4three View Post
    Of course they will.

Of course they'll want to maximize revenue, but if they don't break them up they will have almost no single seats to sell...

Honestly, I hope you are right. I would like a single seat myself.

As "look(ing) like crap", they were exposed to the elements for fifty years. Some collectors like to sand them down and repaint them, others believe that doing so destroys the authenticity and the value.
    I was just saying that they were very expensive and they're not even refinished.

Leave a comment:

• Reds41
    replied
    There was a company about 8-10 years ago that had the exact paint colors already mixed for the different stadiums so that you could refinish your seats.

I just can't remember the name of it. Any help?

Leave a comment:

• Reds41
    replied
    Originally posted by Manhattan View Post
    How much are old Stadium seats cost at Yankee Stadium and also at Dodger Stadium?
    Go check here.

Leave a comment:

• Manhattan
    replied
    Buying old stadium seats what are they attached to?

Originally posted by six4three View Post
    Of course they will.

Of course they'll want to maximize revenue, but if they don't break them up they will have almost no single seats to sell. Three seats share two sets of hardware and arm rests. There's no way to sell all the seats unless you sell them in huge groups. And while most box seats are grouped in relatively small numbers of fours (and a few twos), the upper tier seats are set in long rows. So how can they not break them up? Who's going to buy 25 connected seats?

Sometimes you get lucky. Here are a couple auctions from Lelands.com:
    Sold for $1,031 on 10/31/07
    Sold for $1,134 on 9/22/2007
    Sold for $1,281 on 8/27/2006

As "look(ing) like crap", they were exposed to the elements for fifty years. Some collectors like to sand them down and repaint them, others believe that doing so destroys the authenticity and the value.
    How much are old Stadium seats cost at Yankee Stadium and also at Dodger Stadium?

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X