Dear Jeff & Fred, Our CITI FIELD Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Jeff & Fred, Our CITI FIELD Wish List

Do you have an idea for paying homage to a Met's player or personality that you would like to see incorporated into Citi, either inside or outside ?

- Got a thing about Wayne Garret or the Sign Man ?
    - Think we should memorialize Timo Perez or Ralph Kiner ?
    - Should we build a 50ft statue of Tom Seaver or name the toilets
    after M. Donald Grant ?

Do you have an idea for paying homage to New York's rich National League history, out of which rose the lovable Mets ?

Be it whimsical or an uber serious formal rememberance, fans always know best. What are your ideas for Citi ?

There's more to the orange & blue than simply saving the Apple.
    Here's a link to the Mets Ultimate Database, every coach, manager, player etc...:
    http://www.ultimatemets.com/

( *please - no whining or rants about the Jackie Robinson Rotunda, or complaining about ideas concerning old NL NY teams - thanks !)

Very funny stuff.

How about putting up a giant sculpture of a glove dedicated to the great Rey Ordonez?
    Last edited by Ferragamo; 04-16-2008, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Can I Have 2 Salty Parkers Please, With Mustard ?

I'm going to start off with one of my favorite Met names; Salty Parker.
      Salty managed the team at the end of 1967 just as they were on the very edge of the very edge of greatness,(Gil Hodges took over for '68). True, it was only for 11 games,(4-7)but he did spend the entire year on the coaching staff. He also got the nod over more well known canidates like Yogi Berra. He also has a great name.

As a nod toward the laughing stocks of the pre Gil Hodges era, (who we musn't forget, ever);

I would like all pretzles at Citi to be called Salty Parkers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferragamo View Post
        Very funny stuff.

How about putting up a giant sculpture of a glove dedicated to the great Rey Ordonez?
        Actually, I'm serious. I really am interested in what fans want by way of homage at Citi.

And I'm pretty close to serious about the Seaver Statue and the toilets.

Comment

Originally posted by whoisonit View Post
          [B]Should we name the toilets
          after M. Donald Grant ?
          I think the floor tile should have his face on it so we can piss on him like he did to us in the '70's.

On a serious note, how about tributes to all of the original and not-so-original Mets who were staples of the team such as Krane, Garrett, Staub and Felix. Their jersey, a photo of the man and a brief history of his accomplishments is all it would take.
          Last edited by Aviator_Frank; 04-16-2008, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Actually, I'm serious. I really am interested in what fans want by way of homage at Citi.

And I'm pretty close to serious about the Seaver Statue and the toilets.
            I would like to see jerseys and statues and pictures or murals / paintings of former Mets greats like Seaver, Ryan , Koosman , Rusty, , Straw, Mookie, Carter, Hernandez, Doc etc etc, etc. you get the idea.. Have Rusty's Grille if he will endorse it.
            I dont know how it will feel entering the rotunda but i have a feeling it wont seem like im in the Mets home park until i enter the concourses, which is a shame IMO. I want everything in the park to scream Mets and be colorful and filled with Mets paraphanelia (sp??) all over the place but in a cool way. The Mets have been a bit cheesy with there themes and colors so keep it loose and carefree not corporate inside like YS

Comment

Yea the Mets have always done things a little cheesey or chintzy over the years. I think now that we will have a stadium no longer owned and maintained by NYC we will see a difference, at least thats my hope.

I think the one thing that always bothered me was and still is those wooden placards with mets logos painted on them that ring the stadiums fence if anyone knows what I'm referring to. You would think for a multi million dollar major league ball club they would have nice aluminum or metal signage that is professionally made, but these were just plain old sheets of cut plywood painted black with a Mets logo thats looks like I painted it out of my garage one weekend.
              Even the police lights in the visiting bullpen that light up when the Mets hit a homer, just super cheesey and looked like they were just slapped on there.
              Also inside, we all know how Shea has those picture banners of famous Mets like Carter, Seaver, Piazza, etc, if they plan on having those maybe clean them once in a while, or better yet make them as actual huge wall pictures that ring the stadium.

Comment

Shea Stadium post-1980 reminds me of a Honda Civic base model that the gangbanger owner has added VTEC stickers, exhaust tips, tinted windows, a single wiper, blue neon lights etc etc etc.

Enough already.

Comment

Seems obvious here.... you need a Shea moment. You could have head busts of all the greats and the base be shaped like Shea. You must remember, that without William Shea, who bought the national league back to New York, there would have been nothing to cheer about here.

I think those rings that make the drains in urinals should be inscribed "Walter O'Malley"

Should open their doors to the community more, and not just for the kids. Open the park to see the high school state championships, host an annual women's baseball charity game, have a NYPD vs NYFD charity game.

I want to see booths of inspirations. The military, the local colleges that offer the programs/degrees to work in sports, the encouragement of internships, and so forth.

I want Citi Field to feel like home.

The number 1 thing I want the most:

I want to city skyline with the mets logo in the middle erected up at Citi Field.

Comment

Originally posted by gemcaptom View Post
                    Have Rusty's Grille if he will endorse it.
                    I don't think Rusty's turning down endorsement deals left and right these days. I just googled him to make sure he hadn't died. (He didn't). Everybody and their mother knows he had a ribs joint in the city. How can Citi NOT have a Rusty's Rib Joint ?

I dont know how it will feel entering the rotunda but i have a feeling it wont seem like im in the Mets home park until i enter the concourses, which is a shame IMO.
                    Hey ! Did you read the thread starter ? NO WHINING ABOUT THE ROTUNDA NAME !!! PLEASE !!!

I want everything in the park to scream Mets and be colorful and filled with Mets paraphanelia (sp??) all over the place but in a cool way. The Mets have been a bit cheesy with there themes and colors so keep it loose and carefree not corporate inside like YS
                    "Loose & carefree". Right On ! Thats the way it shoud be, they way it has to be. I don't ever, ever, ever want Citi or Met fans or the team to develope that superscilious, pompas, arrogant, 'we're all about 26 rings' garbage. That's not the Mets. Met fans have a sense of humor,(we have to !) Leave all those windbag "I thank the Lord I'm a ..." quotes for the frontrunning blowhards in the Bronx.

We're moving into the Grandest Catherdral in baseball and we ought to have fun there, but never forget your roots !

Comment

What about paying homage to New York youth/amateur baseball in Citi Field? Your city has a very deep baseball history that includes a lot of great youth baseball teams and programs. What if Citi Field had jerseys of all the youth teams in New York City hanging on a few of the walls in the main concourse?

Comment

Do you have an idea for paying homage to a Met's player or personality that you would like to see incorporated into Citi, either inside or outside ?

- Got a thing about Wayne Garret or the Sign Man ?
                        - Think we should memorialize Timo Perez or Ralph Kiner ?
                        - Should we build a 50ft statue of Tom Seaver or name the toilets
                        after M. Donald Grant ?

Do you have an idea for paying homage to New York's rich National League history, out of which rose the lovable Mets ?

Be it whimsical or an uber serious formal rememberance, fans always know best. What are your ideas for Citi ?

There's more to the orange & blue than simply saving the Apple.
                        Here's a link to the Mets Ultimate Database, every coach, manager, player etc...:
                        http://www.ultimatemets.com/

( *please - no whining or rants about the Jackie Robinson Rotunda, or complaining about ideas concerning old NL NY teams - thanks !)
                        Thank you. Instead of just complaining about what we're getting, you've given us a forum to explain what we want. I like your idea of Salty Parkers!

Comment

Originally posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
                          What about paying homage to New York youth/amateur baseball in Citi Field? Your city has a very deep baseball history that includes a lot of great youth baseball teams and programs. What if Citi Field had jerseys of all the youth teams in New York City hanging on a few of the walls in the main concourse?
                          That could be a nice little touch. I know at the new Prudential Center in Newark they have all of the NJ high schools hockey jerseys ringing the stadium.

Comment

I will say this, the whole Dodgers and Jackie Robinson thing never bothered me one way or the other, but after seeing a little more of it last night and all the emphasis placed on Jackie Robinson, even I'm a little sick of it.

EVERYTHING seems to be Jackie, Jackie, and more Jackie.

Look the guy was a great man and a great ball player who did so much and was the brunt of so much. That will NEVER be debated!

As a Mets fan I want to walk in and ALSO see Seaver and McGraw, Carter and Darryl. The focal point should still be ABOUT THE METS!

Comment

Also having entire teams wearing number 42 has become almost comical. The number was retired in '97 and that was it. They should never have allowed a few players to wear it because now look what we have.

A '42' patch on the cap or jersey on April 15th would be commemorative enough.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X