I'm considering getting Bleacher tickets to a Yankee game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm considering getting Bleacher tickets to a Yankee game

As it says in the subject line, I'm considering getting Bleacher tickets to a Yankee game. The main reason I'd be doing this is to take pictures of Yankee Stadium from the Bleachers.

I'm well aware that Bleacher ticketholders have to stay in the Bleacher area, they can't go to the rest of the stadium. Otherwise, what's the "quality of life" in the Bleachers compared to the rest of the stadium? Can you walk around freely within both sections of the Bleachers (right and left field)?

Since I'd be doing this to get photos, am I better off going to a day game or a night game?

Thanks for any information you guys can give me.
    X
    What's THAT guy doing?
    - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    As it says in the subject line, I'm considering getting Bleacher tickets to a Yankee game. The main reason I'd be doing this is to take pictures of Yankee Stadium from the Bleachers.

I'm well aware that Bleacher ticketholders have to stay in the Bleacher area, they can't go to the rest of the stadium. Otherwise, what's the "quality of life" in the Bleachers compared to the rest of the stadium? Can you walk around freely within both sections of the Bleachers (right and left field)?

Since I'd be doing this to get photos, am I better off going to a day game or a night game?

Thanks for any information you guys can give me.
    Yes, you can move freely within the right and left field bleachers. The concession stand is somewhere in the middle, in the tunnel behind the bleachers. The quality of life? Hmmmm....it's certainly a fun/energetic/crazy crowd in the bleachers; a whole new experience. The fans in the right field bleachers are most active and vociferous. The bleacher fans are probably to biggest die-hards.

A word of caution. I suggest you don't take a child because the language will get pretty racy there, especially against the opposing team and fans who have the cajones to wear a different team's cap, especially a Sox or Mets cap. I haven't seen any fights the few times I was in the bleachers, but there is lots of taunting throughout the game. Sometimes it can be very humorous. It's funny how they razz the fans who paid top dollar for outfield box seats that are literally right next to them. They'll point and in a sing-song manner, chant something like "YOU got RIPPED off! or "Suckers!" Anyway, they liven up the game throughout.

It's also pretty cool watching the relief pitchers warm up. Some even talk and/or make gestures to the fans. Years ago, I actually had a small conversation with El Duque after he tossed a few warm up pitches. I was surprised that he actually knew more English than the press lead us to believe. Soon after a cop told me to get back to my seat.

Not sure if a day or night game will make much difference as long as you have the right speed film for the glare of the sun or lights. I'm sure you'll come up with some great ones!
    Last edited by Rob R; 04-24-2008, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Think MadMax return to the Thunderdome! Open fires, fights to the death, skinny stray dogs running around feed off corpes, people eating rats and Human flesh, People worshipping strange golden gods, Drinking Human Blood sacrificing Virgns and redsox fans (sometime the same thing) at giant alters to Babe Ruth!!:bowdown::bowdown:..........Just Kidding But I think that's how somepeople think it is in the Bleachers!

Actually, I was at a Yankees Redsox game and sat in the Bleechers and took some photos. You can pretty much hang out and walk to each section before the game and get some good shots. When the game starts the Ushers & cops tell you to go to your seats but after the game been going on for a bit you can walk around and get a few more shots, I did at least. They might tell you to get back to your seat if you are in the way or being a pain or if they just feel like being jerks but I think you could get allot of good shots anyway.
      39 AL Pennants • 26 World Series titles
      2003 • 2001 • 2000 • 1999•1998 • 1996 •1981 • 1978 •1977 • 1976 • 1964 • 1963 •1962 • 1961 • 1960 •1958•1957 • 1956 • 1955 • 1953 • 1952 • 1951 • 1950 • 1949•1947 • 1943 • 1942 • 1941•1939 • 1938 • 1937 • 1936•1932 • 1928 • 1927 • 1926 •1923 • 1922 • 1921

:bowdown:1•3•4•5•7•8•8•9•10•15•16•23•32•37•42•44•49 & soon 2•6•20•21•51•42

Comment

Are the bleachers non-alcoholic?

I've got another general question about YS. If I have UD seats in one section (I think they're the 2nd to last section from RF) can I move to another section with ease or are the ushers a pain?

What I want to do is go all the way up top right behind homeplate and grab a a couple shots of the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
          Are the bleachers non-alcoholic?

I've got another general question about YS. If I have UD seats in one section (I think they're the 2nd to last section from RF) can I move to another section with ease or are the ushers a pain?

What I want to do is go all the way up top right behind homeplate and grab a a couple shots of the place.
          The current bleachers are non-alcoholic; they will not be (at least when they open) in NYS. I'll bet that changes, especially with bleachers sitting right behind "field level boxes" or whatever ridiculous name they are giving to the outfield seats below them.

The ushers in the upper deck are a lot less intrusive, in fact the last few times I've been to YS they've almost been invisible. If you get there early and want to wander about and take photos I can't see you being bothered. The last time we sat in the UD we realized after the game was over that we actually were in the wrong seats, that we should have been the next section over. Nobody cared.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob R View Post
            Yes, you can move freely within the right and left field bleachers. The concession stand is somewhere in the middle, in the tunnel behind the bleachers. The quality of life? Hmmmm....it's certainly a fun/energetic/crazy crowd in the bleachers; a whole new experience. The fans in the right field bleachers are most active and vociferous. The bleacher fans are probably to biggest die-hards.

A word of caution. I suggest you don't take a child because the language will get pretty racy there, especially against the opposing team and fans who have the cajones to wear a different team's cap, especially a Sox or Mets cap. I haven't seen any fights the few times I was in the bleachers, but there is lots of taunting throughout the game. Sometimes it can be very humorous. It's funny how they razz the fans who paid top dollar for outfield box seats that are literally right next to them. They'll point and in a sing-song manner, chant something like "YOU got RIPPED off! or "Suckers!" Anyway, they liven up the game throughout.

It's also pretty cool watching the relief pitchers warm up. Some even talk and/or make gestures to the fans. Years ago, I actually had a small conversation with El Duque after he tossed a few warm up pitches. I was surprised that he actually knew more English than the press lead us to believe. Soon after a cop told me to get back to my seat.

Not sure if a day or night game will make much difference as long as you have the right speed film for the glare of the sun or lights. I'm sure you'll come up with some great ones!
            "The bleacher fans are probably to biggest die-hards."

Funny how when I was in the last row of the UpperDeck behind home plate on cold May nights circa 1989 with Fuzzy and his gang.....There were no Bleacher Creatures then!
            Just a crowd of 15,000 and a strikout from Steve Balboni!

In short the Bleacher Creatures arrived with the rest of the Bandwagoneers!

In fact I didn't have tickets to Game 4 of the ALDS last year and was hanging out at Billy's. One of the so called "Bleacher Creatures was selling t-shirts during the 2nd inning and was back by the 7th.....I guess selling t-shirts was more important then being a loyal "Bleacher Creature"

By the way....Anyone know Fuzzy?
            Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Avid fan of the greatest Stadium ever built! Both in beauty and aesthetics throughout its long Glorious history.

Comment

I'm considering getting Bleacher tickets to Yankee game

Originally posted by YankeeStadium1923 View Post
              "The bleacher fans are probably to biggest die-hards."

Funny how when I was in the last row of the UpperDeck behind home plate on cold May nights circa 1989 with Fuzzy and his gang.....There were no Bleacher Creatures then!
              Just a crowd of 15,000 and a strikout from Steve Balboni!

In short the Bleacher Creatures arrived with the rest of the Bandwagoneers!

In fact I didn't have tickets to Game 4 of the ALDS last year and was hanging out at Billy's. One of the so called "Bleacher Creatures was selling t-shirts during the 2nd inning and was back by the 7th.....I guess selling t-shirts was more important then being a loyal "Bleacher Creature"

By the way....Anyone know Fuzzy?
              That is good the bleechers are non-alcholic at Yankee Stadium. I hope I get sit in the bleechers at a Yankees game.

Comment

Bleachers

Without the beer the bleachers are relatively peaceful place to watch a game, especially the left field bleachers. These aren't the days of drunken idiots throwing batteries at the outfielders. Yeah people get hammered across the street but by the 3rd inning everyones buzz is wearing off. The true bleacher creatures are a relatively small group of guys that have been going to Yankee games for quite awhile. I doubt the guy you saw selling t-shirts was a 'real' creature more likely some guy trying to make a buck. Yeah they gained recognition relatively recently once the Yankees started winning, but its kind of hard to make a scene when the team on the field sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by b1011r View Post
                  Without the beer the bleachers are relatively peaceful place to watch a game, especially the left field bleachers. These aren't the days of drunken idiots throwing batteries at the outfielders. Yeah people get hammered across the street but by the 3rd inning everyones buzz is wearing off. The true bleacher creatures are a relatively small group of guys that have been going to Yankee games for quite awhile. I doubt the guy you saw selling t-shirts was a 'real' creature more likely some guy trying to make a buck. Yeah they gained recognition relatively recently once the Yankees started winning, but its kind of hard to make a scene when the team on the field sucked.
                  "I doubt the guy you saw selling t-shirts was a 'real' creature"

I don't spread lies....And I wouldn't of mentioned it if I wasn't sure who it was.....
                  The guy I saw was on the first season of YES' Ultimate Road Trip and I opted to not mention him by name.

"but its kind of hard to make a scene when the team on the field sucked"

Thats the definition of Bandwagon!
                  Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Avid fan of the greatest Stadium ever built! Both in beauty and aesthetics throughout its long Glorious history.

Comment

If you've never sat in the bleachers at Yankee Stadium, then you should (at least once). My brother-in-law and I sat out there for a Yankee-Red Sox game two seasons ago, and it was a great baseball experience. I've been much more comfortable in terms of seating, concessions, sight lines, etc. at other places in the stadium, but there was just something very unique about the bleachers. I'd recommend doing it when the Bombers are playing a team with a well known right fielder (the fans can be merciless yet very entertaining to the opposing outfielder). I think Seattle would be a good choice (Ichiro). Don't expect to have a lot of room to sit and stretch out, but do expect to have a great time.
                    Visit www.statonebaseball.com to learn why traditional statistics are ultimately flawed...and why P/E Averages are not!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X