No announcement yet.

View from your seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From my Saturday plan seats at Shea that I've had for the last 8 years.

Don't let the photo fool you. It doesn't seem that far away when you're there.
    StadiumPage.com
    Stadium Google Map

Comment

My Sunday seats at CBP (taken at the 2nd pre-season exhibition game in 2004). We used to be in the lower level at the Vet, dead center behind home plate, however in the new ballpark that was not an option...full season plan only and twice as expensive . However, we asked for this section, with an aisle, and under cover (never rained on, in the shade for the summer months!) and got exactly what we asked for. Hopefully everyone's relocation in YSII and Citi Field will be as smooth but somehow I doubt it...

Comment

Originally posted by btown12 View Post
        We used to be in the lower level at the Vet, dead center behind home plate
        You mean here?

(Photo taken July 7, 1991. © Gary Dunaier)
        X

Comment

Originally posted by btown12 View Post
          My Sunday seats at CBP (taken at the 2nd pre-season exhibition game in 2004). We used to be in the lower level at the Vet, dead center behind home plate, however in the new ballpark that was not an option...full season plan only and twice as expensive . However, we asked for this section, with an aisle, and under cover (never rained on, in the shade for the summer months!) and got exactly what we asked for. Hopefully everyone's relocation in YSII and Citi Field will be as smooth but somehow I doubt it...

Just curious, how exactly did the Phils handle relocation? What sort of options were you given in determining your new seats?

Thanks.
          -a very concerned Met fan about where he will be sitting next year

Comment

Originally posted by bigtime39 View Post
            Sorry about the image quality, but this was taken with a small camera, and the weather on Opening Day this year was NOT optimal.
            Shot from our new seats in Camden Yards: Section 22, Row FF (6th row behind the Orioles dugout).
            Wow. My aunt had seats about 7 rows back behind the O's dugout. Not sure if she still does or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
              You mean here?

(Photo taken July 7, 1991. © Gary Dunaier)
              Yes, though technically just above where the walkway is (that picture was taken from the 200 level looking back towards the 300 level, not sure of your familiarity with the Vet). But anyways, that's the tunnel we sat next to (just to the left in that picture). Section 328, row 5, seats 6&7.

Originally posted by CitiFieldIsNoShea View Post
              Just curious, how exactly did the Phils handle relocation? What sort of options were you given in determining your new seats?

Thanks.
              -a very concerned Met fan about where he will be sitting next year
              Well each team will handle it differently obviously but here's my experience with the process and a little background as well:

My family had 4 Sunday tickets since I was 2 (born in 1983), we later kept only two after my sister got older and lost interest and Mom decided to stay home on Sunday's too. Anyways, our seats had an excellent view, were in the shade and out of the rain, and lined up HP, 2B and CF perfectly...so directly behind home plate basically.

When info on CBP came out, we realized that we were not going to be able to get comparable seats, especially at the same price ($25 each in '03, last season at the Vet), and infield seats the first year at CBP could only be bought in full season plans. Obviously my dad and I were upset but during the last season at the Vet, we went into the ticket office before a Sunday game and sat down with a ticket rep. We explained what we wanted and took the survey they mailed for us to fill out with our preferences (i.e. section/seating area, OF/1B/3B line, aisle seats, under cover/in the sun etc...) We asked for left field arcade level (between the lower and upper decks and the same price as our Vet seats), 3B side, under cover, and aisle seats.

Lo and behold, either because we personally went into the ticket office instead of just mailing in our survey or because of our long standing ticket account with the Phils, we got exactly what we asked for. To be honest, the location is not on par with the Vet but the location is very good and being out of the sun on summer afternoons is great. While it would have been great to keep a similar location in the new ballpark, I couldn't have been happier with how it worked out. And as much as I loved the Vet, the added revenue for the team, a great ballpark experience, and consistent fan support, definitely win out any day of the week.

Now I realize that we may be an exception but if any of you guys have been season ticket holders for a long time, go to the ticket office, stay on top of them, and see where it gets you. The Phillies took into account your previous location and tenure with the club, hopefully the Mets do the same and take care of you guys. Sorry for the novel, hope it gives some perspective on the process

Comment

I can't emphasize how lucky you all are to be able to go to so many games. I have to hop on a plane, get a hotel room and all that stuff just to get to see the Yankees.

Comment

Originally posted by TnNYYfan View Post
                  I can't emphasize how lucky you all are to be able to go to so many games. I have to hop on a plane, get a hotel room and all that stuff just to get to see the Yankees.
                  Hard to imagine this . . .all this . . . began with a big bang, somewhere out there. I'm with ya TnNYFan and some numbers along . . . I'm attending a game at "the stadium" this summer, with all it's changes, it's really worth seeing once. How could one "not" and ever proclaim him/herself a baseball fan. If i didn't respect this, I wouldn't respect myself. And i'm one of about 12 fans that loved Candlestick Park, grew up there. Do it TNYYfan. I'm gonna.

Comment

Originally posted by TnNYYfan View Post
                    It's a free world, baby.

If you don't like the commute, move!

Comment

I've been to two games at Yankee Stadium, saw A-Rod hit 500 last year against the Royals. My family, my wives family and all our friends live in Tenn., and I'm not sure she would be up for moving to NYC just so I can see more Yankee games.

Comment

Originally posted by alpineinc View Post
                        FLD Box 129

The colors in your shots are incredible. What kind of camera do you use?

Comment

My son and I drove down to Houston to see the Rockies take on the Astros a little over a week ago. We sat in section 310. This was my fourth time at Minute Maid Park, but the first with the roof open...
                          Attached Files
                          Rockies fan living in Texas

Comment

Last summer, about 10 rows up watching A-Rod round the bases after hitting his 500th homer.
                            Attached Files

Comment

View from the very top of Angel Stadium. Last Row.....
                              Attached Files

Comment

BP at Yankee Stadium.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X