View from your seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT7 View Post
    View from the very top of Angel Stadium. Last Row.....
    Interesting shots. I like ballparks where there's something to see outside the stadium, and Angel Stadium qualifies.
    X
    What's THAT guy doing?
    - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

Originally posted by TnNYYfan View Post
      BP at Yankee Stadium.
      Do they allow anyone to go down to the front during batting practice, or did you have tickets for those seats?
      X
      What's THAT guy doing?
      - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
        Interesting shots. I like ballparks where there's something to see outside the stadium, and Angel Stadium qualifies.
        I guess a parking lot, a bridge and a building do qualify as something

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
          I guess a parking lot, a bridge and a building do qualify as something
          Actually, off in the distance is the Honda Center where the Anaheim Ducks play. The bridge is actually the 57 freeway. If you are driving past the stadium during a game day on that freeway, looking into the stadium with all the fans is a pretty cool site.

Comment

Do they allow anyone to go down to the front during batting practice, or did you have tickets for those seats?
            Good question!

Is there BP during afternoon games?

Comment

Actually, off in the distance is the Honda Center where the Anaheim Ducks play. The bridge is actually the 57 freeway. If you are driving past the stadium during a game day on that freeway, looking into the stadium with all the fans is a pretty cool site.
              I smell a poll

"what baseball stadium has the lames or best view of the surrounding area?"

Best=

(off the top of my head)

1. pnc
              2. wrigley
              3. new busch?

Wors=
              1. Kauffman?
              2. Shea?

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
                I smell a poll

"what baseball stadium has the lames or best view of the surrounding area?"

Best=

(off the top of my head)

1. pnc
                2. wrigley
                3. new busch?

Wors=
                1. Kauffman?
                2. Shea?
                I think Dodger Stadium has the worse. Come on....a view of the hills of what use to be Chavez Ravine? The best view is on the other side of the stadium, Downtown L.A. I admit, Anaheim is no better, but atleast it's more open and not so secluded.

Comment

I'm assuming you have to have a lower level ticket but I don't know for sure. I had tickets like 10 rows up and I think I remember them checking my ticket.

Comment

I think Dodger Stadium has the worse. Come on....a view of the hills of what use to be Chavez Ravine? The best view is on the other side of the stadium, Downtown L.A. I admit, Anaheim is no better, but atleast it's more open and not so secluded.

Miller Park's isn't too hot when the roof is open.

Parking lots and abandoned warehouses.

Comment

I'd go with the Rays, Twins, Blue Jays and Marlins.

Comment

My son's view from the section 504 at Progressive Field,
                        the farthest section from home plate.
                        sigpic

Comment

Re Angels Stadium Pics

Can you see the Honda Center from the upper deck there or am I mistaking it for something else?

Oops nevermind
                          Last edited by BlueCrew08; 04-29-2008, 10:19 AM. Reason: My question was answered upthread sorry
                          He did the Manster Mash!

Comment

I visited Yankee Stadium in 2004. I had upper deck seats, but anyone with a ticket is allowed to enter Monument Park before the game. I entered through one of the outfield gates and went to check out the monuments. From there, I was able to walk around the lower seating areas for a while before the game.
                            Oh for a sunny afternoon at Sicks...

Comment

Originally posted by alltime#1pilotsfan View Post
                              I visited Yankee Stadium in 2004. I had upper deck seats, but anyone with a ticket is allowed to enter Monument Park before the game. I entered through one of the outfield gates and went to check out the monuments. From there, I was able to walk around the lower seating areas for a while before the game.
                              Thanks, but by "down to the front" I was specifically referring to the very first rows right next to the field, where the photos TnNYYfan had included in the posting I was responting to were taken. Those seats, closest to the field, are manned by "security" people who keep the aisles chained-shut and check your tickets before they'll let you in, but since TnNYYfan's photos were taken during batting practice I thought maybe access was easier then.

TnNYYfan responded in a subsequent post: "I had tickets like 10 rows up and I think I remember them checking my ticket." As shown in this unusual, seldom seen view...

(Photo taken April 2, 2008. © Gary Dunaier)

...there are eighteen rows between the field and the main aisle (not counting the ultra-premium seats right up front). TnNYYfan says he was in the 10th row, so I'd guess that the answer to my original question is: no, you can't go right up to the field at Yankee Stadium during batting practice.

(But I'd love to be proven wrong. )
                              X
                              What's THAT guy doing?

Comment

On the yankee website in the stadium a-z guide they say you can try to get autographs during batting practice.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X