X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yankees82
    replied
    whatever you say chief.

i'm done BS'ing with you. i'm goin to the yankee game.

Leave a comment:

• David Atkatz
    replied
    How would you know whether it's the same or not?

You have nothing to compare it to!

"The upper deck is not the same because everything else is different."

That makes sense.

As many others have tried to make clear, everything else is not different.

Some things are.

Most things aren't.

(And at least my trademark is wit.

Yours seems to be a refusal to face reality.)
    Last edited by David Atkatz; 04-29-2008, 02:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• yankees82
    replied
    Originally posted by David Atkatz View Post

Perhaps if you had ever sat in the "old" upper deck, you'd know the "new" one is identical in every meaningful way.

But, hey, you know best.

ahh what would i do without the trademark davey atkatz witty, sarcastic line at the end of all your posts. heck i even started ending my posts like you.

it's NOT the same. yea same concrete, same steep angle blah blah blah. but you know why it's not the same?? because everything else in yankee stadium is different. and if you can't figure out what i mean by that, then there's no point in arguing.

Leave a comment:

• Yoda
    replied
    Originally posted by chips View Post
    Master Yoda is indeed a wise man.

Hands off though, he's mine.
    :noidea

Leave a comment:

• David Atkatz
    replied
    Originally posted by yankees82 View Post
    what's the point?? demolish the the current upperdeck concourse and underneath they'll find the old concourse. close up the current portals and open up the old ones with the catwalks. knock 10 rows off the top. yea that'll really restore the stadium to its old glory.

what are we really arguing over now? i'm saying that the upperdeck has changed drastically. i don't need to have been there to know that. you're arguing that the old concourse is still there underneath the new one. WHO CARES?? the upper deck is still drastically different from the old one. the signature frieze and roof is gone. who the hell cares if they can dig the old concourse out??
    I know what you're saying.

But what you are saying is abject nonsense.

The upper deck is almost precisely as it was before. Same pitch, same distance from the field, same views, same steep concrete stairs.. (That's because the "new" upper deck is the "old" upper deck, with ten rows added on.)

Perhaps if you had ever sat in the "old" upper deck, you'd know the "new" one is identical in every meaningful way.

But, hey, you know best.
    Last edited by David Atkatz; 04-29-2008, 01:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• yankees82
    replied
    I'll take that as a "no," you were never there. I didn't think so.

Do you know what the phrase "all else" means?

I'll try to be even more pedantic for you.

All else besides the roof, frieze and columns is original, or can easily be returned to original...
    what's the point?? demolish the the current upperdeck concourse and underneath they'll find the old concourse. close up the current portals and open up the old ones with the catwalks. knock 10 rows off the top. yea that'll really restore the stadium to its old glory.

what are we really arguing over now? i'm saying that the upperdeck has changed drastically. i don't need to have been there to know that. you're arguing that the old concourse is still there underneath the new one. WHO CARES?? the upper deck is still drastically different from the old one. the signature frieze and roof is gone. who the hell cares if they can dig the old concourse out??

Leave a comment:

• chips
    replied
    Master Yoda is indeed a wise man.

Hands off though, he's mine.

Leave a comment:

• GordonGecko
    replied
    Originally posted by Yoda View Post
    Pros: Gleaming new stadium that looks great

Cons: eleventy billion threads on Yankee Stadium
    Eleventy, I like that word. Master Yoda has done it again!

Leave a comment:

• Yoda
    replied
    Pros: Gleaming new stadium that looks great

Cons: eleventy billion threads on Yankee Stadium

Leave a comment:

• David Atkatz
    replied
    Where's the roof, frieze, and columns? in their super secret storage room? in your basement?

they can easily be restored? define easily.
    I'll take that as a "no," you were never there. I didn't think so.

Do you know what the phrase "all else" means?

I'll try to be even more pedantic for you.

All else besides the roof, frieze and columns is original, or can easily be returned to original...

Leave a comment:

• yankees82
    replied
    No more roof, no more frieze, no more columns. All else is original, or can easily be returned to original because the original material is still there.

But, hey, you know it's nothing like the "old" Stadium.

BTW, were you ever at the pre-renovation Stadium?
    Where's the roof, frieze, and columns? in their super secret storage room? in your basement?

they can easily be restored? define easily.

Leave a comment:

• David Atkatz
    replied
    no more roof. no more frieze. no more columns. closed off original openings. created new openings. added 10 more rows. whole new concourse.

not drastically changed huh? ohhhhhkay. whatever you say, davey boy.
    No more roof, no more frieze, no more columns. All else is original, or can easily be returned to original because the original material is still there.

But, hey, you know it's nothing like the "old" Stadium.

BTW, were you ever at the pre-renovation Stadium?

Leave a comment:

• yankees82
    replied
    The upper deck was not "drastically changed." Ten rows were added, the old vomitoria closed off, and new ones opened. Otherwise, it is all original.

The upper concourse was not drastically changed. A new upper concourse was added. The original concourse was covered, but it still exists, and could be reopened.
    no more roof. no more frieze. no more columns. closed off original openings. created new openings. added 10 more rows. whole new concourse.

not drastically changed huh? ohhhhhkay. whatever you say, davey boy.

Leave a comment:

• David Atkatz
    replied
    He wants to stick to his theory that since they left most of the outerwalls up, that it's still the same structure, not to be mistaken for anything else. Forget the fact that upperdeck and upper concourse was drastically changed, roof/frieze was removed, columns were removed, bleachers completely transformed and downsized, and field dimensions were drastically changed. Don't forget about the 2 escalator towers at gate 4 and 6.

But hey the outer facade is still there!! Landmark the place!!
    Well, let's see. Where to begin?

The upper deck was not "drastically changed." Ten rows were added, the old vomitoria closed off, and new ones opened. Otherwise, it is all original.

The upper concourse was not drastically changed. A new upper concourse was added. The original concourse was covered, but it still exists, and could be reopened.

The bleachers were not completely transformed; it's the same, original to 1936 concrete bleacher structure. The original bleachers, including Ruthville, were torn down and replaced with the current structure in 1936. That's "completely transformed."

The field dimensions have been changed over the course of the last 32 years. It is a trivial matter to restore the field to its "old" dimensions.

How hard do you suppose it would be to remove those escalator towers, and restore Gates 4 and 6? (Gate 2, of course, still exists in virtually its original form.)

So, hey, most of the post 1923-1973 Stadium still exists. So lets tear it down!

Leave a comment:

• yankees82
    replied
    Originally posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Man you sure do like to cling to those two pictures like it's your baby blanket. Does it make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?
    He wants to stick to his theory that since they left most of the outerwalls up, that it's still the same structure, not to be mistaken for anything else. Forget the fact that upperdeck and upper concourse was drastically changed, roof/frieze was removed, columns were removed, bleachers completely transformed and downsized, and field dimensions were drastically changed. Don't forget about the 2 escalator towers at gate 4 and 6.

But hey the outer facade is still there!! Landmark the place!!

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X