• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David Atkatz View Post
    See what I mean, '23?

Kinda restores your faith in humanity, doesn't it? :dismay:
    YAWN.

oh davey boy, i can always count on you for a laugh.

Comment

You're only digging the hole deeper....

Comment

Originally posted by yankees82 View Post
        YAWN.

oh davey boy, i can always count on you for a laugh.
        Glad you're amused.

I'm sure you think singing "Why Are You Gay" to anyone daring to wear a Red Sox cap in the holy bleachers is funny, too.

It must be wonderful to go through life with a permanent ****-eating grin on your face.

Comment

i didn't know this was a board for humanitarians only...

face it. they need a new stadium.

and '23, its not the same stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by David Atkatz View Post

It must be wonderful to go through life with a permanent ****-eating grin on your face.

you would know, buddy

Comment

Originally posted by yankees82 View Post
              i didn't know this was a board for humanitarians only...

face it. they need a new stadium.

and '23, its not the same stadium.
              If you say So....Let me see....yankees82...I would guess that you were 14 in 1996 and the Yankees were begining there dynasty....The Yankees have been in the playoffs during half of your life....Who are you going to root for if they revert to the Yankee dynasty of the 1980's?
              Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Avid fan of the greatest Stadium ever built! Both in beauty and aesthetics throughout its long Glorious history.

Comment

I'm from the area. they're the default home team for me so i'll always root for them. i'm not a bandwagon front-runner like some others.

But here's a question, if the torre-era dynasty never happened, and the winning tradition was never restored, do people keep making a fuss over saving the old stadium? granted, the yankees' revenue situation might've been a lot different, but do you still campaign to save it as strongly as you do now?

Comment

Who cares whether most of Yankee Stadium is original or not? It's outdated! If the Roman Coliseum was so great, they would still be using that place too.
                  Bats, they are sick. I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, and rum. He will come.

Comment

Originally posted by curb my enthusiasm View Post
                    Who cares whether most of Yankee Stadium is original or not? It's outdated! If the Roman Coliseum was so great, they would still be using that place too.
                    Architecturally, the current Yankee Stadium shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as the Roman Coliseum. There's not much architecture there left to salvage, it's way past its useful life, and the time has come to say thank you and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by curb my enthusiasm View Post
                      I always thought it was just poorly maintained. I mean fenway still looks great and its just as old.
                      The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

Well, while verging on the sacrilegious, that is a pretty typical NY-area attitude towards architecture. Maybe we should just have the baseball stadium equivalent of this, which is what most of the new HOK parks remind me of:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Chevy114 View Post
                          I always thought it was just poorly maintained. I mean fenway still looks great and its just as old.
                          Yeah but Fenway wasn't gutted and rebuilt like Yankee Stadium was. Ditto for Wrigley

Comment

Originally posted by GordonGecko View Post
                            Yeah but Fenway wasn't gutted and rebuilt like Yankee Stadium was. Ditto for Wrigley
                            Good point, it kind of does feel like a 70s stadium when I look at it instead of a early 1900s stadium.
                            The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

If you look hard enough you can find spots in Fenway that look dumpy. That doesn't mean its falling apart, but there's no mistaking the fact that its old when you see it in person.

Comment

Originally posted by GordonGecko View Post
                                Yeah but Fenway wasn't gutted and rebuilt like Yankee Stadium was.
                                No?

Why don't you compare some photos of Fenway when it opened in 1912 to the Fenway of today. Ever hear of a guy named Yawkey?

Except for the exterior brick walls, almost nothing else is original. (Including the Green Monster.)

Sound familiar, Gecko?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X