Pros & Cons - New Yankee Stadium and 70's renovation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by David Atkatz View Post
    No more roof, no more frieze, no more columns. All else is original, or can easily be returned to original because the original material is still there.

But, hey, you know it's nothing like the "old" Stadium.

BTW, were you ever at the pre-renovation Stadium?
    Where's the roof, frieze, and columns? in their super secret storage room? in your basement?

they can easily be restored? define easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees82 View Post
      Where's the roof, frieze, and columns? in their super secret storage room? in your basement?

they can easily be restored? define easily.
      I'll take that as a "no," you were never there. I didn't think so.

Do you know what the phrase "all else" means?

I'll try to be even more pedantic for you.

All else besides the roof, frieze and columns is original, or can easily be returned to original...

Comment

• Pros: Gleaming new stadium that looks great

Cons: eleventy billion threads on Yankee Stadium

Comment

• Originally posted by Yoda View Post
          Pros: Gleaming new stadium that looks great

Cons: eleventy billion threads on Yankee Stadium
          Eleventy, I like that word. Master Yoda has done it again!

Comment

• Master Yoda is indeed a wise man.

Hands off though, he's mine.

Comment

I'll take that as a "no," you were never there. I didn't think so.

Do you know what the phrase "all else" means?

I'll try to be even more pedantic for you.

All else besides the roof, frieze and columns is original, or can easily be returned to original...
              what's the point?? demolish the the current upperdeck concourse and underneath they'll find the old concourse. close up the current portals and open up the old ones with the catwalks. knock 10 rows off the top. yea that'll really restore the stadium to its old glory.

what are we really arguing over now? i'm saying that the upperdeck has changed drastically. i don't need to have been there to know that. you're arguing that the old concourse is still there underneath the new one. WHO CARES?? the upper deck is still drastically different from the old one. the signature frieze and roof is gone. who the hell cares if they can dig the old concourse out??

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees82 View Post
                what's the point?? demolish the the current upperdeck concourse and underneath they'll find the old concourse. close up the current portals and open up the old ones with the catwalks. knock 10 rows off the top. yea that'll really restore the stadium to its old glory.

what are we really arguing over now? i'm saying that the upperdeck has changed drastically. i don't need to have been there to know that. you're arguing that the old concourse is still there underneath the new one. WHO CARES?? the upper deck is still drastically different from the old one. the signature frieze and roof is gone. who the hell cares if they can dig the old concourse out??
                I know what you're saying.

But what you are saying is abject nonsense.

The upper deck is almost precisely as it was before. Same pitch, same distance from the field, same views, same steep concrete stairs.. (That's because the "new" upper deck is the "old" upper deck, with ten rows added on.)

Perhaps if you had ever sat in the "old" upper deck, you'd know the "new" one is identical in every meaningful way.

But, hey, you know best.
                Last edited by David Atkatz; 04-29-2008, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chips View Post
                  Master Yoda is indeed a wise man.

Hands off though, he's mine.
                  :noidea

Comment

Perhaps if you had ever sat in the "old" upper deck, you'd know the "new" one is identical in every meaningful way.

But, hey, you know best.

ahh what would i do without the trademark davey atkatz witty, sarcastic line at the end of all your posts. heck i even started ending my posts like you.

it's NOT the same. yea same concrete, same steep angle blah blah blah. but you know why it's not the same?? because everything else in yankee stadium is different. and if you can't figure out what i mean by that, then there's no point in arguing.

Comment

• How would you know whether it's the same or not?

You have nothing to compare it to!

"The upper deck is not the same because everything else is different."

That makes sense.

As many others have tried to make clear, everything else is not different.

Some things are.

Most things aren't.

(And at least my trademark is wit.

Yours seems to be a refusal to face reality.)
                      Last edited by David Atkatz; 04-29-2008, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• whatever you say chief.

i'm done BS'ing with you. i'm goin to the yankee game.

Comment

• Enjoy.

You won't have many more chances to watch a game at a venue where Ruth, Gehrig and Mantle all played.

(Unless you go to Fenway)

Comment

Enjoy.

You won't have many more chances to watch a game at a venue where Ruth, Gehrig and Mantle all played.

(Unless you go to Fenway)
                            Ruth and Gehrig never played in "renovated" (rebuilt) Yankee Stadium II, so there aren't any chances left anyways.
                            Last edited by GordonGecko; 04-29-2008, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GordonGecko View Post
                              Ruth and Gehrig never played in renovated Yankee Stadium II, so there aren't any chances left anyways.
                              What nonsense. Gecko. Just a few weeks ago there was an article in the Times about the "unseen Yankee Stadium." It, for example, described, and pictured the storeroom under the stands where Gehrig used to go to get away after he had benched himself. Same room, still there. Like most of the other rooms.

My apartment in the city has been renovated. I guess the original 1923 building (just a coincidence, it was built in 1923) no longer exists.

According to you, Lincoln never slept at the renovated White House--which, unlike Yankee Stadium, was completely gutted in the 1950s and a completely new interior built. Only the outside walls are original. Absolutely nothing else.

Should we tear it down?

Comment

What nonsense. Gecko. Just a few weeks ago there was an article in the Times about the "unseen Yankee Stadium." It, for example, described, and pictured the storeroom under the stands where Gehrig used to go to get away after he had benched himself. Same room, still there. Like most of the other rooms.

My apartment in the city has been renovated. I guess the original 1923 building (just a coincidence, it was built in 1923) no longer exists.

According to you, Lincoln never slept at the renovated White House--which, unlike Yankee Stadium, was completely gutted in the 1950s and a completely new interior built. Only the outside walls are original. Absolutely nothing else.

Should we tear it down?
                                Why do you assume I'd say Lincoln slept at the current White House, he clearly didn't based on the facts you just presented. But unlike the current Yankee Stadium, the current White House isn't a 70's design and would deserve to be saved.

There's some structure left over from the original Penn Station within the current Penn Station tunnels, are you saying that's the same too?

Yankee stadium wasn't renovated, it was torn apart and rebuilt - minus the underlying steel and concrete.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X