Concession Markup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Urbanshocker13 View Post
    This might not be a surprise, and I am not sure about other parks but Yankee Stadium has to be the worst!
    I don't expect gourmet food at the ballparks. What annoys me the most about Yankee Stadium is that they don't even give you freakin' lids for your soda cups!!!!! If you're sitting way up in the upper deck - excuse me, the Tier Reserve - it's one hell of an adventure trying to carry a tray of food two, three, four stories up without spilling any soda!
    X

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
      Imagine that nation-wide on the same day........ahhhh the glory of Revolution!

I couldn't imagine it any other way!

Comment

Originally posted by Lions/[email protected]! View Post
        What makes it even more frusterating or demeaning is they poor the 12 ounce beer into a 24 ounce plastic cup..... so it "looks" as though your getting even less...
        Probably the reason they pour it into such a large cup is so they don't have to wait for the head to die down before handing you your beer, and they can get to the next customer sooner.

I can imagine that 12 ounces of beer in a 24 ounce cup might not even look like 12 ounces, but if they're pouring the entire can into the cup at least you can't complain about being cheated. (We are talking about canned beer, right?)
        X

Comment

Originally posted by Bernard Shakey View Post
          Speaking of which, the Indians have these "Dollar Dog Nights." I went to one last year. The concession stands looked like ant farms with people falling all over each other to pay a dollar for a dog that would have cost 35 cents at home. Of course, as indicated in previous posts, I begrudgingly joined the fray. Kinda hard to cook hot dogs in time to feed Americans in their 54 waist britches when the feeding frenzy has begun....so those suckers were not even lukewarm.
          That's pretty surprising - I've been to see the Brewers on plenty of throwback nights (with those 1982 concession prices), and the dogs were every bit as good as they are when you pay six bucks.

Comment

All, I know is I feel as though I'm being taken advantage of every time I buy a beer at Comerica.... they're now charging 6.50 for a 12 ounce beer or 8.50 for a 16 ounce beer.
            Then why do you buy the beer in the first place?

I never understood the need to drink while watching a game in person. Theres plenty of cheap beer outside of the park waiting for you when the game is over.
            If soccer's the beautiful game then the 4-6-3 must be the beautiful play.

Comment

I see this at a game every time I go:

row of drunks in front of me

"you guys ready for another round?"
              "yeah"x3

"yo beerman!! 4 MGDs!"

"27 bucks! (i think the beers are 6.75 now)"

--they hand over 30 and tell the guy to keep the change--

process repeats in a half hour and the next guy buys a round. They charge this much because they can and goofballs will continue to pay for it.

There's nothing wrong with having a dog and a beer at the game, but most people don't know how to quit. I go to a lot of games at USCF and Wrigley and at each place there are thousands of drunks just trying to drink as much as they can.

Where they get the money I have no idea.

am i missing something here ?..a Sox fan going to Wrigley ?..thats just wrong, it`d be like me stepping foot inside Shea
              BALLGAME OVER, YANKEES WIN...THEEEEEEEEEEEE YANKEES WIN
              “You wouldn't have won if we'd beaten you.”

Comment

and on the subject of beer/concessions, i never drink at games...i like to keep score ( ive a stack of scorecards going back to 87 )...beers a Wrigley thing, drunken college kids throwing peanut shells down some chicks top

Comment

Originally posted by six4three View Post
                  That's pretty surprising - I've been to see the Brewers on plenty of throwback nights (with those 1982 concession prices), and the dogs were every bit as good as they are when you pay six bucks.
                  The White Sox used to have dollar dogs and I've found them to be pretty mediocre at best.

If I want a hot dog I'll spend the $4.50 and get a fresh grilled kosher dog from one of the stands.

Never buy from the guys walking around with the hot dog "box."

Those are always cold and smashed.

Comment

Originally posted by YankeeFanUK View Post
                    am i missing something here ?..a Sox fan going to Wrigley ?..thats just wrong, it`d be like me stepping foot inside Shea

Go to USCF for baseball

Go to Wrigley for Trixies
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=JnCWpKaMBUM

(notice the fan foto guy taking pics at the beginning)

Comment

i suppose when youve won nothing for 100 years the only thing to do is get drunk ....i go to ball games to watch the game ( crazy idea i know )...if i want to get drunk i`ll go to a bar ( or the worlds biggest gay bar at the corner of Clark & Addison )

Comment

All, I know is I feel as though I'm being taken advantage of every time I buy a beer at Comerica.... they're now charging 6.50 for a 12 ounce beer or 8.50 for a 16 ounce beer.

What makes it even more frusterating or demeaning is they poor the 12 ounce beer into a 24 ounce plastic cup..... so it "looks" as though your getting even less... if you were walking away from the concession sipping the foam of the top, you feel a bit better then when you hand some one a 10 for a single beer (and a bit of change) and they hand you back a half empty cup.

Yet, how can I complain when I continue to pay it?
                        Can you not bring in your own items into the park. Here in St.L you can bring in outside items as long as it's not alcohol or glass. I watch people bring in bags of chips and 2 liter bottles of soda. In the bleachers where i have season tickets you see many of the sT holders bringing in some things. Mostly I see people bring in a bag of chips and soda, sometimes sandwiches . Most of those people seem to buy more beer at the game.

Comment

I see this at a game every time I go:

row of drunks in front of me

"you guys ready for another round?"
                          "yeah"x3

"yo beerman!! 4 MGDs!"

"27 bucks! (i think the beers are 6.75 now)"

--they hand over 30 and tell the guy to keep the change--

process repeats in a half hour and the next guy buys a round. They charge this much because they can and goofballs will continue to pay for it.

There's nothing wrong with having a dog and a beer at the game, but most people don't know how to quit. I go to a lot of games at USCF and Wrigley and at each place there are thousands of drunks just trying to drink as much as they can.

Where they get the money I have no idea.
                          I hear ya. I guess everybody but us are rich, or they are blowing their paycheck on beer. I go to nearly every game here in ST.L and I very rarely drink at the game. i can't afford that. A 16oz beer here is $7.75, or $9.25 for the 24oz, and we brew it only blocks from the park !!!! I usually meet friends at one of the taverns near the park, have about 4 or 5 beers, then head inside.

Comment

i suppose when youve won nothing for 100 years the only thing to do is get drunk ....i go to ball games to watch the game ( crazy idea i know )...if i want to get drunk i`ll go to a bar ( or the worlds biggest gay bar at the corner of Clark & Addison )

I'm not of those meathead Sox fans that say crap like that.

Comment

I'm not of those meathead Sox fans that say crap like that.
                              me thinks your holding a secret crush for the Cubs ...i personnaly cant stand them...ive been to Wrigley 3 times and each time was p*ssed off by the drunken idiots around me ( must be my age...im an old grumpy swine )...i find it obnoxious the idea of going to games to get drunk..pointless and infantile...get drunk at a bar and leave baseball games for people who LOVE baseball

rant over

Comment

wow, that's one of the most pathetic things I've ever read at this forum.

that said, I should tell my gay buddy the news though, because until now I thought Wrigley's stereotype had been drunk sorority girls and obnoxious frat boys.....

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X