• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YankeeFanUK
    replied
    Originally posted by bleacherbum73 View Post
    [)...the old Busch was one of the best..great fans, great town

Thanks for the compliment YankeeFanUK , you have to come back and see the new park if you have not done so already !![/QUOTE]

the New Busch is on my list ( as is Comerica & Nats std )...im making my first trip to Cincy in Aug for 3 Giants games at the GABP ( 21st Park & counting )

Leave a comment:

• YankeeFanUK
    replied
    Originally posted by Lions/[email protected]! View Post
    Dead, huh? I followed them also

I always love wrigley because it's Wrigley... but my favorite trip each year (leaving tomorrow morning) is the Cubs/Cards series in St Louis. St Louis is an absolute blast of a town with good fans who know how to keep a rivarly fun and light... I'm going down in a bus of 12 people, all decked out in Cubby Blue and plan to hit the Big Bang bar afterward... this is our 4th year and the people are always great to us.

St Louis is the best baseball town, by far.
    thatas great..have fun..St Lou is definately a great town for B/ball ( as is NYC )

Leave a comment:

• bleacherbum73
    replied
    [)...the old Busch was one of the best..great fans, great town[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the compliment YankeeFanUK , you have to come back and see the new park if you have not done so already !!

Leave a comment:

• Lions/Tigers@Cubs.OhMy!
    replied
    Originally posted by YankeeFanUK View Post
    on a side note...i saw my first game in LA back in 1988 ( while on Dead tour )..since then ive been to over 20 Parks and Wrigley was definately my worst experience of ball fans ( even worse than fenway...went there in 98 when it was`nt the *in* place to be )...the old Busch was one of the best..great fans, great town
    Dead, huh? I followed them also

I always love wrigley because it's Wrigley... but my favorite trip each year (leaving tomorrow morning) is the Cubs/Cards series in St Louis. St Louis is an absolute blast of a town with good fans who know how to keep a rivarly fun and light... I'm going down in a bus of 12 people, all decked out in Cubby Blue and plan to hit the Big Bang bar afterward... this is our 4th year and the people are always great to us.

St Louis is the best baseball town, by far.

Leave a comment:

• YankeeFanUK
    replied
    on a side note...i saw my first game in LA back in 1988 ( while on Dead tour )..since then ive been to over 20 Parks and Wrigley was definately my worst experience of ball fans ( even worse than fenway...went there in 98 when it was`nt the *in* place to be )...the old Busch was one of the best..great fans, great town

Leave a comment:

• YankeeFanUK
    replied
    Originally posted by Yoda View Post
    It all depends on where you sit.

If you sit in the bleachers or in the expensive "mommy and daddy's company paid for these seats" in the LD then be prepared for drunks.
    1 game in left field bleachers, 1 in right & 1 in the upper deck ( 3rd base side )....right field was definately the worse 9 one guy threw his half full beer cup at me and my wife cause i was wearing my Yanks cap....DIFFERENT LEAGUE IDIOT )....this was back in 01 and im guessing it hasnt got any better....loved Marty Brennamans rant last week

Leave a comment:

• Yoda
    replied
    me thinks your holding a secret crush for the Cubs ...i personnaly cant stand them...ive been to Wrigley 3 times and each time was p*ssed off by the drunken idiots around me ( must be my age...im an old grumpy swine )...i find it obnoxious the idea of going to games to get drunk..pointless and infantile...get drunk at a bar and leave baseball games for people who LOVE baseball

rant over
    It all depends on where you sit.

If you sit in the bleachers or in the expensive "mommy and daddy's company paid for these seats" in the LD then be prepared for drunks.

Leave a comment:

• YankeeFanUK
    replied
    wow, that's one of the most pathetic things I've ever read at this forum.

that said, I should tell my gay buddy the news though, because until now I thought Wrigley's stereotype had been drunk sorority girls and obnoxious frat boys.....
    not so much a stereotype, more a fact ...lighten up guys, its all in fun

Leave a comment:

• Lions/Tigers@Cubs.OhMy!
    replied
    i suppose when youve won nothing for 100 years the only thing to do is get drunk ....i go to ball games to watch the game ( crazy idea i know )...if i want to get drunk i`ll go to a bar ( or the worlds biggest gay bar at the corner of Clark & Addison )
    wow, that's one of the most pathetic things I've ever read at this forum.

that said, I should tell my gay buddy the news though, because until now I thought Wrigley's stereotype had been drunk sorority girls and obnoxious frat boys.....

Leave a comment:

• YankeeFanUK
    replied

I'm not of those meathead Sox fans that say crap like that.
    me thinks your holding a secret crush for the Cubs ...i personnaly cant stand them...ive been to Wrigley 3 times and each time was p*ssed off by the drunken idiots around me ( must be my age...im an old grumpy swine )...i find it obnoxious the idea of going to games to get drunk..pointless and infantile...get drunk at a bar and leave baseball games for people who LOVE baseball

rant over

Leave a comment:

• Yoda
    replied
    i suppose when youve won nothing for 100 years the only thing to do is get drunk ....i go to ball games to watch the game ( crazy idea i know )...if i want to get drunk i`ll go to a bar ( or the worlds biggest gay bar at the corner of Clark & Addison )

I'm not of those meathead Sox fans that say crap like that.

Leave a comment:

• bleacherbum73
    replied
    I see this at a game every time I go:

row of drunks in front of me

"you guys ready for another round?"
    "yeah"x3

"yo beerman!! 4 MGDs!"

"27 bucks! (i think the beers are 6.75 now)"

--they hand over 30 and tell the guy to keep the change--

process repeats in a half hour and the next guy buys a round. They charge this much because they can and goofballs will continue to pay for it.

There's nothing wrong with having a dog and a beer at the game, but most people don't know how to quit. I go to a lot of games at USCF and Wrigley and at each place there are thousands of drunks just trying to drink as much as they can.

Where they get the money I have no idea.
    I hear ya. I guess everybody but us are rich, or they are blowing their paycheck on beer. I go to nearly every game here in ST.L and I very rarely drink at the game. i can't afford that. A 16oz beer here is $7.75, or $9.25 for the 24oz, and we brew it only blocks from the park !!!! I usually meet friends at one of the taverns near the park, have about 4 or 5 beers, then head inside.

Leave a comment:

• bleacherbum73
    replied
    All, I know is I feel as though I'm being taken advantage of every time I buy a beer at Comerica.... they're now charging 6.50 for a 12 ounce beer or 8.50 for a 16 ounce beer.

What makes it even more frusterating or demeaning is they poor the 12 ounce beer into a 24 ounce plastic cup..... so it "looks" as though your getting even less... if you were walking away from the concession sipping the foam of the top, you feel a bit better then when you hand some one a 10 for a single beer (and a bit of change) and they hand you back a half empty cup.

Yet, how can I complain when I continue to pay it?
    Can you not bring in your own items into the park. Here in St.L you can bring in outside items as long as it's not alcohol or glass. I watch people bring in bags of chips and 2 liter bottles of soda. In the bleachers where i have season tickets you see many of the sT holders bringing in some things. Mostly I see people bring in a bag of chips and soda, sometimes sandwiches . Most of those people seem to buy more beer at the game.

Leave a comment:

• YankeeFanUK
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Yoda
    replied
    am i missing something here ?..a Sox fan going to Wrigley ?..thats just wrong, it`d be like me stepping foot inside Shea

Go to USCF for baseball

Go to Wrigley for Trixies
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=JnCWpKaMBUM

(notice the fan foto guy taking pics at the beginning)

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X