Concession Markup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lions/[email protected]! View Post
    wow, that's one of the most pathetic things I've ever read at this forum.

that said, I should tell my gay buddy the news though, because until now I thought Wrigley's stereotype had been drunk sorority girls and obnoxious frat boys.....
    not so much a stereotype, more a fact ...lighten up guys, its all in fun
    BALLGAME OVER, YANKEES WIN...THEEEEEEEEEEEE YANKEES WIN
    “You wouldn't have won if we'd beaten you.”

Comment

Originally posted by YankeeFanUK View Post
      me thinks your holding a secret crush for the Cubs ...i personnaly cant stand them...ive been to Wrigley 3 times and each time was p*ssed off by the drunken idiots around me ( must be my age...im an old grumpy swine )...i find it obnoxious the idea of going to games to get drunk..pointless and infantile...get drunk at a bar and leave baseball games for people who LOVE baseball

rant over
      It all depends on where you sit.

If you sit in the bleachers or in the expensive "mommy and daddy's company paid for these seats" in the LD then be prepared for drunks.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
        It all depends on where you sit.

If you sit in the bleachers or in the expensive "mommy and daddy's company paid for these seats" in the LD then be prepared for drunks.
        1 game in left field bleachers, 1 in right & 1 in the upper deck ( 3rd base side )....right field was definately the worse 9 one guy threw his half full beer cup at me and my wife cause i was wearing my Yanks cap....DIFFERENT LEAGUE IDIOT )....this was back in 01 and im guessing it hasnt got any better....loved Marty Brennamans rant last week

Comment

on a side note...i saw my first game in LA back in 1988 ( while on Dead tour )..since then ive been to over 20 Parks and Wrigley was definately my worst experience of ball fans ( even worse than fenway...went there in 98 when it was`nt the *in* place to be )...the old Busch was one of the best..great fans, great town

Comment

Originally posted by YankeeFanUK View Post
            on a side note...i saw my first game in LA back in 1988 ( while on Dead tour )..since then ive been to over 20 Parks and Wrigley was definately my worst experience of ball fans ( even worse than fenway...went there in 98 when it was`nt the *in* place to be )...the old Busch was one of the best..great fans, great town
            Dead, huh? I followed them also

I always love wrigley because it's Wrigley... but my favorite trip each year (leaving tomorrow morning) is the Cubs/Cards series in St Louis. St Louis is an absolute blast of a town with good fans who know how to keep a rivarly fun and light... I'm going down in a bus of 12 people, all decked out in Cubby Blue and plan to hit the Big Bang bar afterward... this is our 4th year and the people are always great to us.

St Louis is the best baseball town, by far.

Comment

[)...the old Busch was one of the best..great fans, great town[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the compliment YankeeFanUK , you have to come back and see the new park if you have not done so already !!

Comment

Originally posted by Lions/[email protected]! View Post
                Dead, huh? I followed them also

I always love wrigley because it's Wrigley... but my favorite trip each year (leaving tomorrow morning) is the Cubs/Cards series in St Louis. St Louis is an absolute blast of a town with good fans who know how to keep a rivarly fun and light... I'm going down in a bus of 12 people, all decked out in Cubby Blue and plan to hit the Big Bang bar afterward... this is our 4th year and the people are always great to us.

St Louis is the best baseball town, by far.
                thatas great..have fun..St Lou is definately a great town for B/ball ( as is NYC )

Comment

Originally posted by bleacherbum73 View Post
                  [)...the old Busch was one of the best..great fans, great town

Thanks for the compliment YankeeFanUK , you have to come back and see the new park if you have not done so already !![/QUOTE]

the New Busch is on my list ( as is Comerica & Nats std )...im making my first trip to Cincy in Aug for 3 Giants games at the GABP ( 21st Park & counting )

Comment

If anything this thread has made me want a beer or ten.

Comment

every year ( since 1988 ) ive made 2 trips stateside...one 3 game series at the Stadium & a 3 game series at a different Park...next year will be 2 NEW Parks ( a first for me )

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
                        If anything this thread has made me want a beer or ten.
                        lol, I couldn't agree more... I plan to sit down in front of my TV tonight... already frusterated and expecting the Cubs to lose (again) while doing just that... then pack and get ready to do the same only at Busch Stadium tomorrow... lol

It's amazing how when the Tigers are doing well, the Cubs look like a train wreck and a week and a half ago I was worried the Tigers season was going to be over already when the Cubs were tearin' it up.

Comment

The should hand out hats with red lights on the top so you don't get struck by an aircraft. 20,000 people having to re-enter the Earth's atmosphere after a game so that 3000 people can mingle at the club.
                          I believe that's what we currently do at Shea that's smack dab next to a major airport.

Comment

I just bought a case of beer and a 22lb bag of ice for tonight's backyard bonfire....$19.44.

I don't ever drink at sporting events, I'm there to watch the game. The worst for me is the bleachers at Cleveland Browns Stadium. The Dawg Pound at the old place was ridiculous, but usually funny. The new bleachers are just vile and dangerous, made even worse so if you wear the other team's colors (or Ravens/Steelers stuff no matter who the opponent may be that day).

Plus, there's a little issue called driving home. I think I'll pass on a DUI at a quarter per sip....I think I'll just pass on a DUI period.

Comment

Originally posted by bleacherbum73 View Post
                              Can you not bring in your own items into the park. Here in St.L you can bring in outside items as long as it's not alcohol or glass. I watch people bring in bags of chips and 2 liter bottles of soda. In the bleachers where i have season tickets you see many of the sT holders bringing in some things. Mostly I see people bring in a bag of chips and soda, sometimes sandwiches . Most of those people seem to buy more beer at the game.
                              I love going to Gus' Pretzels and getting a Bratzel and a soda before the game and taking it in with me. I also get the pretzel bites too. You can't go wrong and they are so cheap.
                              Last edited by stlfan; 05-02-2008, 02:56 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stlfan View Post
                                I love going to Gus' Pretzels and getting a Bratzel and a soda before the game and taking it in with me. I also get the pretzel bites too. You can't go wrong and they are so cheap.
                                Is Bratzel a typo or did some wounderful supernatural creature some how combine a bratwaurst and a pretzel, and if they did where can I find them so I may worship them!!:bowdown::bowdown:
                                39 AL Pennants • 26 World Series titles
                                2003 • 2001 • 2000 • 1999•1998 • 1996 •1981 • 1978 •1977 • 1976 • 1964 • 1963 •1962 • 1961 • 1960 •1958•1957 • 1956 • 1955 • 1953 • 1952 • 1951 • 1950 • 1949•1947 • 1943 • 1942 • 1941•1939 • 1938 • 1937 • 1936•1932 • 1928 • 1927 • 1926 •1923 • 1922 • 1921

:bowdown:1•3•4•5•7•8•8•9•10•15•16•23•32•37•42•44•49 & soon 2•6•20•21•51•42

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X