X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urbanshocker13
    replied
    Originally posted by stlfan View Post
    I'm not sure. Take a look at their website.

http://www.guspretzels.com/
    Man, they are like the Carvale of pretzels!! Those speciallity pretzels are crazy!

Leave a comment:

• stlfan
    replied
    Originally posted by whoisonit View Post
    I've got to get my hands on some of these things.

stlfan - do they do dry ice mail order ?
    I'm not sure. Take a look at their website.

http://www.guspretzels.com/

Leave a comment:

• whoisonit
    replied
    Originally posted by Urbanshocker13 View Post
    God, I must have one! I don't see myself anywhere near St.Louis anytime soon though. That sounds wicked good, like a giant really good pig in a blanket!
    I've got to get my hands on some of these things.

stlfan - do they do dry ice mail order ?

Leave a comment:

• metsfan123
    replied
    I bring water, samwitches, all kinds of stuff to shea. They don't expect everyone to buy an 8 dollar hotdog etc.

- Andy

Leave a comment:

• Pere
    replied
    Since most venues are constructed with public financing, how about attaching a requirement to the financing package that competition be permitted among various concessionaires within the venue?

Leave a comment:

• Urbanshocker13
    replied
    It was no typo. What they do is they slightly or fully cook (I'm not sure) a brat, which is much larger than what you get at the game. Then they encase it in pretzel dough and bake that. They also do the same thing with hot dogs. They are to die for and since the brat or dog are wrapped in the baked pretzel dough, they stay warmer longer.

One thing though, if you are ever in St. Louis and go to a game, DON'T BUY THE ONES THEY SERVE AT THE BALLGAME. A couple of years ago the Cardinals came across Gus' invention and were in talks to sell tham at Busch. Instead they said no thanks and then took the idea and tried to make it their own. But at the stadium they are much smaller, aren't completely wrapped in the dough and are twice as expensive. So if you are ever in STL and want one to take to the game, or just want one, go to Gus'. It's right across highway 55 from the brewery on Arsenal.

P.S.- Hungry now?
    Yes!!!! They always do stuff like that at ballparks, concerts ect. They always seem to have the horrible ripoff version of good food that is always overpriced. God, I must have one! I don't see myself anywhere near St.Louis anytime soon though. That sounds wicked good, like a giant really good pig in a blanket!

Leave a comment:

• stlfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Urbanshocker13 View Post
    Is Bratzel a typo or did some wounderful supernatural creature some how combine a bratwaurst and a pretzel, and if they did where can I find them so I may worship them!!:bowdown::bowdown:
    It was no typo. What they do is they slightly or fully cook (I'm not sure) a brat, which is much larger than what you get at the game. Then they encase it in pretzel dough and bake that. They also do the same thing with hot dogs. They are to die for and since the brat or dog are wrapped in the baked pretzel dough, they stay warmer longer.

One thing though, if you are ever in St. Louis and go to a game, DON'T BUY THE ONES THEY SERVE AT THE BALLGAME. A couple of years ago the Cardinals came across Gus' invention and were in talks to sell tham at Busch. Instead they said no thanks and then took the idea and tried to make it their own. But at the stadium they are much smaller, aren't completely wrapped in the dough and are twice as expensive. So if you are ever in STL and want one to take to the game, or just want one, go to Gus'. It's right across highway 55 from the brewery on Arsenal.

P.S.- Hungry now?

Leave a comment:

• alpineinc
    replied
    Shea can be a problem because there's nothing around the stadium so you either have to tailgate or buy beer inside. I for one enjoy beer at the ballpark, but having full season tix and paying $8 for (good) beers, I'd go bankrupt by the All Star break if I didn't keep it to 2 or so a game.

Most of the heavy beer drinkers seem to be the younger guys (girls too) that don't go that often, but drinking is part of their typical social environment (college etc) so it naturally carries over to the ballpark, for better or for worse. What I don't get is most of them are conditioned by TV or whatever into buying Bud or Bud Lights and need about 6 or 8 to get their buzz, instead of buying maybe 3 Heinekens or Becks, which would achieve the same effect, with less cost and infinitely more enjoyment!

Sometimes it's interesting to watch the "drinkers" around us get increasingly louder and a little more confrontational as the game goes on, usually culminating in the "fight" inning - otherwise known as the 7th. Beer sales are stopped after the top of the 7th, so that's the "peak" of beer consumption, and usually is good for a slight scuffle or two, sometimes worse depending on the opponent. That's probably why I'm a big extra-inning fan - no more beer sales, the partiers go back to the parking lot for brewskis and only the die-hards are left, to simply watch the game.

Leave a comment:

• Urbanshocker13
    replied
    I love going to Gus' Pretzels and getting a Bratzel and a soda before the game and taking it in with me. I also get the pretzel bites too. You can't go wrong and they are so cheap.
    Is Bratzel a typo or did some wounderful supernatural creature some how combine a bratwaurst and a pretzel, and if they did where can I find them so I may worship them!!:bowdown::bowdown:

Leave a comment:

• stlfan
    replied
    Originally posted by bleacherbum73 View Post
    Can you not bring in your own items into the park. Here in St.L you can bring in outside items as long as it's not alcohol or glass. I watch people bring in bags of chips and 2 liter bottles of soda. In the bleachers where i have season tickets you see many of the sT holders bringing in some things. Mostly I see people bring in a bag of chips and soda, sometimes sandwiches . Most of those people seem to buy more beer at the game.
    I love going to Gus' Pretzels and getting a Bratzel and a soda before the game and taking it in with me. I also get the pretzel bites too. You can't go wrong and they are so cheap.
    Last edited by stlfan; 05-02-2008, 02:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bernard Shakey
    replied
    I just bought a case of beer and a 22lb bag of ice for tonight's backyard bonfire....$19.44.

I don't ever drink at sporting events, I'm there to watch the game. The worst for me is the bleachers at Cleveland Browns Stadium. The Dawg Pound at the old place was ridiculous, but usually funny. The new bleachers are just vile and dangerous, made even worse so if you wear the other team's colors (or Ravens/Steelers stuff no matter who the opponent may be that day).

Plus, there's a little issue called driving home. I think I'll pass on a DUI at a quarter per sip....I think I'll just pass on a DUI period.

Leave a comment:

• JeepingBaseball
    replied
    The should hand out hats with red lights on the top so you don't get struck by an aircraft. 20,000 people having to re-enter the Earth's atmosphere after a game so that 3000 people can mingle at the club.
    I believe that's what we currently do at Shea that's smack dab next to a major airport.

Leave a comment:

• Lions/Tigers@Cubs.OhMy!
    replied
    Originally posted by Yoda View Post
    If anything this thread has made me want a beer or ten.
    lol, I couldn't agree more... I plan to sit down in front of my TV tonight... already frusterated and expecting the Cubs to lose (again) while doing just that... then pack and get ready to do the same only at Busch Stadium tomorrow... lol

It's amazing how when the Tigers are doing well, the Cubs look like a train wreck and a week and a half ago I was worried the Tigers season was going to be over already when the Cubs were tearin' it up.

Leave a comment:

• YankeeFanUK
    replied
    every year ( since 1988 ) ive made 2 trips stateside...one 3 game series at the Stadium & a 3 game series at a different Park...next year will be 2 NEW Parks ( a first for me )

Leave a comment:

• Yoda
    replied
    If anything this thread has made me want a beer or ten.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X