X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by califangels72 View Post
      great experience!!! luv san diego and the new downtown park....!
      Great city....and great pics by the way.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

^Yeah, they are. Seats in the Toyota Terrace, as its called, are $47 in the outfield and $62 in the infield. Having said that, the Right Field Pavillion section of the Toyota Terrace is $45 but includes $20 of food and merchandise credit. The Terrace level in general has wider, padded seats and includes in-seat waiting service so you don't have to get up from your seat to get food.

Comment

Petco is the only one of the modern ballparks I have had a chance to go to. For that reason I cannot compare it with any of the others like Comerica, PNC, etc.
            But a few observations.
            There is not a bad seat in the house. You get a good view of the entire field no matter where you sit.
            The Western Metal Building is a nice touch. It makes the Park blend right into downtown. It also reminds me some of Fenway and the Green Monster.
            Overall, it has become a symbol of the rejuvenation of downtown, which has been in great disarray for many years.
            I love the park. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to see a great new stadium.

Welcome back ARod. Hope you are a Yankee forever.
            Phil Rizzuto-a Yankee forever.

Holy Cow

Comment

Petco Park

Originally posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
              Great city....and great pics by the way.

thank you sir!!!!

Comment

It kind of looks like a Saudi hotel or something . ... ...

Comment

Thank you very much. San Diego is an A+ city. My regards.:applaud:

Comment

Petco Park

Fix the contrived quirks and this becomes a very good park. Don't quite understand the bullpen situation, one in-play another out-of-play.

Comment

This always kind of reminds as if jacobs field and pnc had a baby. Then for baby shower presents they got a factory and a few palm trees.
                      The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

These shots of Petco were taken in April of 2008. This park was easily the cleaniest stadium I have ever been in. The site lines were great and so was the sound system. It reminded me of Camden Yards.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Taken from the concourse
                          Attached Files

Comment

I went to a game while on my honeymoon in 2004. I enjoyed the open concourses and the pricing was very reasonable. It's nice to be able to have a view of the field while getting concessions. The only disappointment was that the atmosphere was very laid-back, so people didn't get too excited during the game, but I guess that's southern Cali for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by CPTDJ2 View Post
                              I went to a game while on my honeymoon in 2004. I enjoyed the open concourses and the pricing was very reasonable. It's nice to be able to have a view of the field while getting concessions. The only disappointment was that the atmosphere was very laid-back, so people didn't get too excited during the game, but I guess that's southern Cali for ya.
                              Good points.....this place is definatly not Fenway or Yankee Stadium. If you notice the scoreboard in the last pic (sorry about the size) it is a tie game against a divisional team and the place was empty. This was a Saturday afternoon game.

Comment

Wow . . nice photo indeed! talkin bout this first photo gemcaptom/alpineinc posted on this thread. Now, out beyond center field . . . is that a San Diego version of a tailgate party? That field looks all gone in the aerial posts done later . .they gonna build a building on those poor folks tailgate area? All good things gotta come to an end I reckon.

And those tight curves in turn one on the third deck . . . damn . .. with chains between you and the "lesson on the true nature of gravity". I would hate to come into that turn at about 190 . . . loose in the corner, tight on center with about 7 bevies swirlin' in me gut (ok, I can really only afford 6). Excellent looking ballpark though . . . gonna have to get down to the southern portion of my old homestate someday.

Too bad about that tailgate party area though. Gonna miss that.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X