• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NunuMet
    replied
    Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    "Friar Faithful Field Day?"

The Padres have a day where they let fans go on the field?

The actual field, not just the warning track?

Okay. Somebody explain this to me. RIGHT. NOW.
    Quite amazing that the field didn't burst into flames like it does here in New York. Thank goodness they keep us confined to the warning track. hh

Leave a comment:

• PadreHomer
    replied
    Originally posted by OBomb View Post
    Too bad Friar Fest was cancelled this year. Then again, with what we're about to have to go through this upcoming season, there wasn't going to be much to be 'festive' about.

Great pictures PadreHomer!
    I've heard that they are doing a one day only version on April 5 with the team taking batting practice.

Leave a comment:

• OBomb
    replied
    Too bad Friar Fest was cancelled this year. Then again, with what we're about to have to go through this upcoming season, there wasn't going to be much to be 'festive' about.

Great pictures PadreHomer!

Leave a comment:

• PadreHomer
    replied
    Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post

There was a Madonna concert in early November, so the weekend before they let us have the whole field and gave us foam baseballs.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Dunaier
    replied
    Originally posted by PadreHomer View Post

Leave a comment:

• PadreHomer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PadreHomer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PadreHomer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• OBomb
    replied
    Originally posted by DiggerODell View Post
    Wow . . nice photo indeed! talkin bout this first photo gemcaptom/alpineinc posted on this thread. Now, out beyond center field . . . is that a San Diego version of a tailgate party? That field looks all gone in the aerial posts done later . .they gonna build a building on those poor folks tailgate area? All good things gotta come to an end I reckon.

And those tight curves in turn one on the third deck . . . damn . .. with chains between you and the "lesson on the true nature of gravity". I would hate to come into that turn at about 190 . . . loose in the corner, tight on center with about 7 bevies swirlin' in me gut (ok, I can really only afford 6). Excellent looking ballpark though . . . gonna have to get down to the southern portion of my old homestate someday.

Too bad about that tailgate party area though. Gonna miss that.
    The area beyond centerfield is the Park at the Park. For $5, fans can buy a ticket that gives them access to that area where they can sit on beach towels as well as standing room only areas. That picture is already quite out of date as the area beyond the outfield has developed quite substantially with condos, a few hotels, and an office building. Believe me, that is definitely not the way we tailgate here in America's Finest City.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Wow . . nice photo indeed! talkin bout this first photo gemcaptom/alpineinc posted on this thread. Now, out beyond center field . . . is that a San Diego version of a tailgate party? That field looks all gone in the aerial posts done later . .they gonna build a building on those poor folks tailgate area? All good things gotta come to an end I reckon.

And those tight curves in turn one on the third deck . . . damn . .. with chains between you and the "lesson on the true nature of gravity". I would hate to come into that turn at about 190 . . . loose in the corner, tight on center with about 7 bevies swirlin' in me gut (ok, I can really only afford 6). Excellent looking ballpark though . . . gonna have to get down to the southern portion of my old homestate someday.

Too bad about that tailgate party area though. Gonna miss that.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• fitch94
    replied
    Originally posted by CPTDJ2 View Post
    I went to a game while on my honeymoon in 2004. I enjoyed the open concourses and the pricing was very reasonable. It's nice to be able to have a view of the field while getting concessions. The only disappointment was that the atmosphere was very laid-back, so people didn't get too excited during the game, but I guess that's southern Cali for ya.
    Good points.....this place is definatly not Fenway or Yankee Stadium. If you notice the scoreboard in the last pic (sorry about the size) it is a tie game against a divisional team and the place was empty. This was a Saturday afternoon game.

Leave a comment:

• CPTDJ2
    replied
    I went to a game while on my honeymoon in 2004. I enjoyed the open concourses and the pricing was very reasonable. It's nice to be able to have a view of the field while getting concessions. The only disappointment was that the atmosphere was very laid-back, so people didn't get too excited during the game, but I guess that's southern Cali for ya.

Leave a comment:

• fitch94
    replied
    Taken from the concourse
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• fitch94
    replied
    These shots of Petco were taken in April of 2008. This park was easily the cleaniest stadium I have ever been in. The site lines were great and so was the sound system. It reminded me of Camden Yards.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Chevy114
    replied
    This always kind of reminds as if jacobs field and pnc had a baby. Then for baby shower presents they got a factory and a few palm trees.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X