No announcement yet.

Petco Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just came back from a west coast trip in which I saw games at all 5 major league parks in California. Here's a couple of panoramas I made of Petco Park. Beautiful place, beautiful city. I'll post panoramas of the other 4 parks in their respective threads.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CHiller; 08-18-2011, 02:56 PM.
    First Game- Twinight DH, Mets vs. Cards at Shea, August 22, 1965

Comment

• Originally posted by CHiller View Post
      Just came back from a west coast trip in which I saw games at all 5 major league parks in California. Here's a couple of panoramas I made of Petco Park. Beautiful place, beautiful city. I'll post panoramas of the other 4 parks in their respective threads.
      Did you catch the Mets? I went to yesterdays's Met win. I hope some of my pictures come out. I think the picture I took from the team store on the LF warning track did not come out ! A great little nook in the park that does not force you to have a special ticket !

Comment

• We went to the second game vs. the Mets- the only one they lost! Tons of Mets fans at the park. I think it was my fault that Niese got off to such a bad start. We walked past him on the street, not too far from the park, and called his name. He turned around really fast saying "yeah, yeah what?" and seemed startled. We said "have a good game tonight", and as we walked past, he said "what the f#ck?..." His girlfriend or wife who was with him said to him, "it's just fans being fans..." Jumpy guy, this Niese. You wouldn't expect it from the deadpan interviews he gives. He probably never calmed down by gametime, so I take full responsibility for his poor performance. We also bumped into Bobby Parnell and Ron Darling on the street. Both of them were a little less tightly wound.

Yeah, that little nook by the team store is great for watching BP!
        Attached Files
        First Game- Twinight DH, Mets vs. Cards at Shea, August 22, 1965

Comment

• I took this pic from that little alcove in front of the WMS buliding (in 2006):
          StadiumPage.com
          Stadium Google Map

Comment

• So are the seats on the light poles like suites or just random rows of seats?
            The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chevy114 View Post
              So are the seats on the light poles like suites or just random rows of seats?
              Those seats are luxury boxes built into the towers.
              closer view:
              Last edited by StadiumPage; 08-19-2011, 12:12 PM. Reason: added pic
              StadiumPage.com
              Stadium Google Map

Comment

• Originally posted by StadiumPage View Post
                closer view:
                Thats different, are they as nice as the ones at other stadiums?
                The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

• This would . . . be my favorite ballpark, if I lived there. But I don't . . .so? . . .
                  Some's basturds, some's ain't, thats the score.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chevy114 View Post
                    Thats different, are they as nice as the ones at other stadiums?
                    I've never been inside one, but I don't see why they wouldn't be.

Comment

• Originally posted by DiggerODell View Post
                      This would . . . be my favorite ballpark, if I lived there. But I don't . . .so? . . .
                      Seriously, dude? Seriously?

Comment

• Originally posted by StadiumPage View Post
                        closer view:
                        are they equipped with high-powered binoculars?
                        the turd in the punchbowl
                        reality really sucks.
                        enjoy the game more...

Comment

• My photos of Petco Park

http://www.pbase.com/trut_maluglist/petco_park_2009_a
                          Holding a pitcher accountable for how many runs his team scores is like holding the designated hitter accountable for how many runs his team allows.

An individual statistic is meaningful only if it is based strictly on what the player does and not on what the other players on his team do.

Contrary to what most baseball fans claim, a pitched ball which is hit into play is not a strike.

Comment

• I went there during the 2010 Independence Day weekend. Other than the uneven lower concourse, it's a pretty good ballpark.

Comment

• Originally posted by SanDiegoPadres1969 View Post
                              Seriously, dude? Seriously?
                              You must be new around here. :joking:

I took a tour of Petco and thought it was really cool. Never seen a game there.
                              www.twitter.com/jasonrosko

Comment

• Originally posted by soup View Post
                                from today
                                I've never been to this park and also never been to San Diego so I'm just going off of photo's and I think the ballpark is just OK, nothing special. I'm not a fan of the seat colors and do not like the background. Normally I like the downtown buildings as a cool backdrop but in San Diego it seems out of place. The buildings to me look ugly and I don't like how that one sticks out above the crappy scoreboard. When I think of San Diego I think of water and mountains. I would have liked them to incorporate either of those 2 elements in the backdrop similar to Dodger Stadium or like in SF.

And can't the pets afford a better looking and bigger scoreboard??

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X