Ballparks Under Construction Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballparks Under Construction Thread

I am fascinated with the construction of new ballparks so i thought it would be nice to start a picture thread of ballaparks during the construction/renovation process.

here's a few from camden yards:
    Attached Files

by the way, the pictures above are courtesy of "ballparks, arenas, & stadiums"

http://www.ballparks.phanfare.com/9999

Comment

Great thread idea. But for those coming here, I think we should exclude photos of ballparks being constructed right now like NYS, Citi Field or the Twins new park. We have plenty of threads already created for those parks. What i am interested in is some of the old school parks.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stlfan View Post
        Great thread idea. But for those coming here, I think we should exclude photos of ballparks being constructed right now like NYS, Citi Field or the Twins new park. We have plenty of threads already created for those parks. What i am interested in is some of the old school parks.
        I agree; I think this is a great idea for a thread, but I too just worry this thread will get dominated by NYS and Citi people using this thread as yet another place to voice their gripes. Hopefully, it won't come to that, though.

Comment

Great thread and we can bash anyone who puts citi or nys stuff in here since they have their own thread.
          The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

I hope to see New Yankee Stadium in person while under construction during the 2008 Major League baseball season !

Comment

good idea, i agree

Comment

Dodger Stadium Construction

Building into the hill created one of the most fascinating ballpark construction projects.

Pics courtesy of walteromalley.com

Comment

AT&T Park, San Fransisco
                  Attached Files

Comment

Some pics of Dodger Stadium on my computer I've collected over time; I have no idea where on the net they came from. The lower ones are pics of the home-plate area additions Fox made, then Frank McCourt subsequently dismantled.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Great photos.

When did the Dodgers take out those backstop seats?

Comment

Originally posted by six4three View Post
                        Great photos.

When did the Dodgers take out those backstop seats?
                        When Fox bought the team from the O'Malleys in the mid 90's. IIRC there was with some sort of under-seat behind-the-backstop restaurant/private lounge etc.

Comment

GREAT thread idea. I always love to see pictures of current ballparks under construction... nice idea to post them to one place.

Here are some pictures from Shea I've saved from around the internet. Most of them were probably posted here at some point or another.

Comment

Montreal's Olympic Stadium

Comment

One more of Shea:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X