Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by David Atkatz View Post
    Good idea.

    And while we're at it, we can empty out the museums. Who needs any of that old crap, anyway?
    Sure let's also tell the Greek government to move into the Parthenon and tell the Roman government to demolish all other stadiums and only use the Colosseum. There's no point anyway in building new things.
    http://nyposts.blogspot.com/

    Comment


    • Originally posted by SilentKiller View Post
      Sure let's also tell the Greek government to move into the Parthenon and tell the Roman government to demolish all other stadiums and only use the Colosseum. There's no point anyway in building new things.
      The Greek government doesn't use the Parthenon, and the Romans don't use the Colosseum for sporting events because they have built new buildings.

      But, thankfully, the Parthenon and Colosseum still stand.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by David Atkatz View Post
        The Greek government doesn't use the Parthenon, and the Romans don't use the Colosseum for sporting events because they have built new buildings.

        But, thankfully, the Parthenon and Colosseum still stand.
        and I was in both of them when I went to Rome with my mom 9 years ago.

        Comment


        • Some friend you are... going all the way to Rome and not bringing back anything for us!!!!!
          X
          What's THAT guy doing?
          - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jimmyjimjimz View Post
            and I was in both of them when I went to Rome with my mom 9 years ago.
            Um, the Parthenon is in Greece. The thing in Rome is the Pantheon.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Yankees12 View Post
              Ahhh... now it makes sense.

              I was trying to think of Yankees not named A-Rod who had played for the Rangers - only Tex and Pudge (who was only a Yankee for 2 months or so) came to mind.

              Still, by the end of his career, A-Rod will have played considerably more years here than he played with either the Rangers or the Mariners. He'll go into the Hall as a Yankee.
              Hopefully the bathroom hall. LOL!
              RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

              NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

              RYS: "No, I am your father..."

              NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

              RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Mygirljess View Post
                Um, the Parthenon is in Greece. The thing in Rome is the Pantheon.
                oh, I always get them mixed up. The one in Rome is accross the street from a McDonald's. Yes, they have McDonald's in Rome, believe it or not. They also have Blockbuster Video and Dunkin Donuts.

                Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                Some friend you are... going all the way to Rome and not bringing back anything for us!!!!!
                I didn't know you guys 9 years ago.
                Last edited by jimmyjimjimz; 05-22-2009, 07:50 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jimmyjimjimz View Post
                  oh, I always get them mixed up. The one in Rome is accross the street from a McDonald's.
                  True. I ate there. I thought it was a very strange contrast.
                  Attached Files

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jimmyjimjimz View Post
                    oh, I always get them mixed up. The one in Rome is accross the street from a McDonald's. Yes, they have McDonald's in Rome, believe it or not. They also have Blockbuster Video and Dunkin Donuts.
                    Well, Gary, the next time he goes to Rome, he'll bring you back a Big Mac and a Coolatta.

                    Comment


                    • I would like a piece of the Colosseum along with a genuine, battle-used shield that some hot-shot gladiator had. Steiner is handling all that too, right?

                      Triple J, get on it!
                      No one can make you
                      Do what they want to
                      You know you're stronger
                      Than the lies
                      That they tell you

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by David Atkatz View Post
                        Well, Gary, the next time he goes to Rome, he'll bring you back a Big Mac and a Coolatta.
                        lol, "SCUZEEEE, WHERA DO I FINDA DA GOLDEN ARCHES YO"

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by David Atkatz View Post
                          The Greek government doesn't use the Parthenon, and the Romans don't use the Colosseum for sporting events because they have built new buildings.

                          But, thankfully, the Parthenon and Colosseum still stand.
                          The world will always build new Parthenons and Colosseums, but McDonald's will outlast them all.
                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                          • My brother said he once wandered into a room at Renovated YS and when he looked inside, he saw a long, cavernous area, with old wooden seats sloping up toward this ceiling hanging over. Only a few rows of the seats were exposed, for there was concrete covering the first few rows, and the back rows receded directly into the ceiling above. He said he got "spooked" and did not want to get in any trouble, so he got right out of there. But he could never remember where he was in the stadium when he opened that door, and he could never locate it again.

                            Does anyone know where these "mummified" Old Yankee Stadium seats are located? I don't think I have seen, anywhere in the media or even on BBF, that there are places in the stadium where you could see such a thing. I think they must have extended the seats in the upper deck, and built a practically new lodge level on top of the old one. It kind of looks that way from these photos, but it's hard to tell.
                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Mygirljess View Post
                              My brother said he once wandered into a room at Renovated YS and when he looked inside, he saw a long, cavernous area, with old wooden seats sloping up toward this ceiling hanging over. Only a few rows of the seats were exposed, for there was concrete covering the first few rows, and the back rows receded directly into the ceiling above. He said he got "spooked" and did not want to get in any trouble, so he got right out of there. But he could never remember where he was in the stadium when he opened that door, and he could never locate it again.
                              The only thing I can think of is that he somehow wandered into one of the original upper deck concourse areas between the renovated upper deck and the loge.


                              (Photo taken June 21, 2008. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)


                              (Photo taken June 21, 2008. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)


                              (Photo taken June 21, 2008. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)
                              X
                              What's THAT guy doing?
                              - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                                The only thing I can think of is that he somehow wandered into one of the original upper deck concourse areas between the renovated upper deck and the loge.
                                Does anyone have any pictures of that area? I've always wanted to see it, but I've not once seen a picture. But then again, I guess if Gary doesn't have one, no one does.

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X