Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    The only thing I can think of is that he somehow wandered into one of the original upper deck concourse areas between the renovated upper deck and the loge.
    Yeah probably because that was the only seating area they buried under concrete, wasn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anubis2051 View Post
      Does anyone have any pictures of that area? I've always wanted to see it, but I've not once seen a picture. But then again, I guess if Gary doesn't have one, no one does.
      Yeah, I thought of Gary when I read a complaint on another thread at BBF (from an out-of-towner) about how "New York" threads seem to dominate BBF. One poster said, "They'd start a thread about 'Polo Grounds vs. Citi Field Hot Dog Wrappers' and soon have the pictures to compare them." And the other guy said "I know you're trying to be sarcastic, but it's true".

Comment

• could it have somehow been the back rows of the old loge or main level seating that had the concessions built over them? Maybe there were spots where they just put a room over them, leaving the rows intact.
        ..."I might have been given a bad break, but I've got an awful lot to live for."

Comment

• Originally posted by Anubis2051 View Post
          Does anyone have any pictures of that area? I've always wanted to see it, but I've not once seen a picture. But then again, I guess if Gary doesn't have one, no one does.

http://www.baseball-fever.com/showth...=58009&page=20 posts 485-487.
          plus this one from when the beam fell in 98':
          Attached Files
          ..."I might have been given a bad break, but I've got an awful lot to live for."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mygirljess View Post
            Yeah probably because that was the only seating area they buried under concrete, wasn't it?
            They didn't bury any seating area under concrete.

Comment

• Ahh, the mysterious doors made famous by BBF.

Maybe we'll get to see this concourse during the demolition.
              No one can make you
              Do what they want to
              You know you're stronger
              Than the lies
              That they tell you

Comment

• That's a great picture of the former concourse. I heard once that the Yankees used parts of that concourse for magazine publishing, not sure if there's much truth to it though.

We'll definitely get to see that concourse during the demolition, it's just a question of how we will see it. I would imagine that we will see a lot of things we haven't seen in a long time. It will probably open many eyes as to what is really left from the renovation.

Richard

Comment

• I found a ton of pictures on flickr today (http://www.flickr.com/photos/1499941...th/3555664524/) heres a few:

Bleacher Concourse, right behind sections 39/41

Home Plate (or whats left of it)

Yankees Dugout

Comment

• Originally posted by Gehrig27 View Post
                    http://www.baseball-fever.com/showth...=58009&page=20 posts 485-487.
                    plus this one from when the beam fell in 98':
                    It looks almost like someone stole part of the Orioles mascot's costume and hid it in there.

~~~~

Any reason why they seem to be preserving the infield shape? I don't see many (if any) footprints or tire-tracks in it. Are they trying not to mix the dirt, so they can bottle up the infield dirt to sell later?
                    Last edited by toefer; 05-23-2009, 09:36 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Few more:

Strange to see the coned sign lit up. Also note the cabling attached to the upperdeck.

The wall on the right is where the "ghost of the babe" was. It still looks like a figure if you ask me.

Love that the yankees.com ad from the 90's is still up

One last look through the portal
                      Last edited by Anubis2051; 05-23-2009, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• Sad pictures, and its only gonna get worse.h
                        Attached Files

Comment

• I hope you guys know me well enough to understand where I'm coming from when I say that those photos are incredibly awesome - but I wish I was the one taking them. Yes, I'm jealous.

Originally posted by Anubis2051 View Post
                          Love that the yankees.com ad from the 90's is still up
                          Why that ad in particular, as opposed to all the other ones that are also still up?
                          X

Comment

• The eeriest thing is that the Con Ed sign still lights up...

And the mysterious exit that used to be the exit to the street for the old stadium has opened up!
                            Ballparks, Stadiums, & Green Diamonds Died In '08

Comment

• Gehrig27 that comparison is sad. What a shame to lose OYS, what a shame to lose even RYS. Incredible this is happening.

Comment

• This just eats at my heart. We are really losing the old gal...things will never be the same again.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X