Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gehrig27 View Post
    I'm actually surprised that with all the talk of the ghosts of Yankee Stadium over the years, no group ever did an investigation. Maybe they would have found something interesting.
    Yeah, too bad they can't do a special before the stadium is gone, I would watch that.

Comment

• We could move the Lutz family in for a few days and see if they leave because of the greenish-black ooze.

Richard

Comment

• The wise thing to do would be to have a video journal of the demolition. This way we could see how the Stadium was constructed. It would be a fascinating documentary.

-Mike Wagner

Comment

• Originally posted by Gehrig27 View Post
          I'm actually surprised that with all the talk of the ghosts of Yankee Stadium over the years, no group ever did an investigation. Maybe they would have found something interesting.
          There were articles written in newspapers here over the last couple of years of loved ones who had their ashes strewn in various places around the playing field.... all absolutely on the "QT".

Now, no one will admit to the practice on an official level, but it is one of those open secrets that people speak of.

Now that the Steiner B*st**ds are selling off snippets of playing field for $$$$ a pop, who would have thought that someone's ashes could cost so much to buy back??

Dennis
          BrooklynDodger14

Comment

• I thought I had heard there was a film crew documenting the demolition much like they did when the Orange Bowl was brought down. I cannot remember if it was the History Channel, National Geographic, TLC, Discovery or one of those other type of networks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Astros View Post
              I thought I had heard there was a film crew documenting the demolition much like they did when the Orange Bowl was brought down. I cannot remember if it was the History Channel, National Geographic, TLC, Discovery or one of those other type of networks.
              I think I remember hearing that too. I can't find the article though.

Comment

• Somebody mentioned Nat Geo doing a project. May have been on this thread. I'm just glad that somebody is doing it, and The Geographic does everything first rate.
                Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

• Originally posted by NYFan1stYankFan2nd View Post
                  Just above and to the left of the date stamp, it looks like there is a figure there. I'm guessing it's just the markings left by something bulky dragged through that hallway, moving the dust around.
                  Wow, I actually do see something there. I didn't think I would. It looks like a figure with a hat on holding a baseball bat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Astros View Post
                    I thought I had heard there was a film crew documenting the demolition much like they did when the Orange Bowl was brought down. I cannot remember if it was the History Channel, National Geographic, TLC, Discovery or one of those other type of networks.
                    I heard that from the guy leading the demolition- he was around the entrance of the demo gates and held a mini "press-conference" for the fans one day back in April.. I hope he's right.. of the other things he told me he's been spot on, so I believe him.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmyjimjimz View Post
                      It looks like a figure with a hat on holding a baseball bat.
                      I hope you're not speaking with a New England accent.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmyjimjimz View Post
                        Wow, I actually do see something there. I didn't think I would. It looks like a figure with a hat on holding a baseball bat.
                        Wow, I wasn't even talking about that but I see it now. It looks a little like Lou:

Comment

• I thought it looked like Joe DiMaggio, doomed to sell Mr. Coffee in purgatory for eternity.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Please let's not wander off-topic again . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Anubis2051 View Post
                              Nope, he's in jersey. That'll have to wait another year.

Am I crazy, or does it look like theres a ghost in this pic?
                              You're right! Its the ghost of a drinking fountain. Haunting the thirsty for eternity.
                              Last edited by doctor_gogol; 05-28-2009, 11:03 PM.
                              Vintage Photos of Detroit Ballparks:
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/doctor_gogol/sets/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/

Comment

• Originally posted by doctor_gogol View Post
                                You're right! Its the ghost of a drinking fountain. Haunting the thirsty for eternity.
                                Call Ghost Hunters for a new episode.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by bdhact1; 05-29-2009, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X