Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mygirljess View Post
    I hope you're not speaking with a New England accent.
    I was born and raised in Queens, dude, so no.

Comment

• I would love to see "Secrets of NY" do a show on the uncovering of OYS during the demolition. I am sure there are loads of forgotten areas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mygirljess View Post
        I thought it looked like Joe DiMaggio, doomed to sell Mr. Coffee in purgatory for eternity.
        I cannot believe there isn't even ONE Mister Coffee commercial featuring DiMag on YouTube! I mean, you've got people blowing up toilets on there h and ski jumping off the tops of their trailers in winter, but NO classic Joe DiMaggio Mr. Coffee ads?
        RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

• Originally posted by NYFan1stYankFan2nd View Post
          I cannot believe there isn't even ONE Mister Coffee commercial featuring DiMag on YouTube! I mean, you've got people blowing up toilets on there h and ski jumping off the tops of their trailers in winter, but NO classic Joe DiMaggio Mr. Coffee ads?
          But that stuff is cool, and we all know what Joe DiMaggio looks like and sounds like.

Comment

• Originally posted by brooklyndodger14 View Post
            There were articles written in newspapers here over the last couple of years of loved ones who had their ashes strewn in various places around the playing field.... all absolutely on the "QT".

Now, no one will admit to the practice on an official level, but it is one of those open secrets that people speak of.

Now that the Steiner B*st**ds are selling off snippets of playing field for $$$$ a pop, who would have thought that someone's ashes could cost so much to buy back??

Dennis
            BrooklynDodger14
            I doubt the ashes are still there. There is this thing called wind that would have picked them up and taken them elsewhere.

Comment

• It's Dandy, the Forgotton Yankee Mascot

How is this not totally obvious to everyone?
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by CrazyMind2017 View Post
                It's Dandy, the Forgotton Yankee Mascot

LMAO!!! I started a thread about that guy I think.
                "You're killin' me Smalls!"

Comment

• Originally posted by CrazyMind2017 View Post
                  It's Dandy, the Forgotton Yankee Mascot

Those look like stink lines. Like the ghost of Dandy is still rotting.
                  Vintage Photos of Detroit Ballparks:
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/doctor_gogol/sets/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/

Comment

• i drove by the old girl last night and all of the seats in the right field upper deck and down the first base line are gone

Comment

• Some pictures from earlier today.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmyjimjimz View Post
                        But that stuff is cool, and we all know what Joe DiMaggio looks like and sounds like.
                        I know, but some things are just iconic.
                        I mean, I was little, but if I wasn't watching DiMagg hock Mr. Coffee during a break, it was Margaret Hamilton selling Maxwell House as a shopkeeper(!) You know you've seen her before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1smEagY12m8

Other icons:

-Roger Grimsby
                        -Bill Beutel
                        -John Johnson(All Eyewitness News)
                        -Harry Harrison("Morning Mayor" Old WCBS FM)

They're all on Youtube, but not a DiMaggio Mr. Coffee spot. Weird, I know someone's holding the purse strings to those ads. . . .
                        RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

• I wonder how much trouble you would get in for sneaking inside the stadium at night when no one is around.

Comment

• Originally posted by VAPYankees4 View Post
                            I wonder how much trouble you would get in for sneaking inside the stadium at night when no one is around.
                            Well, the creepy factor would kind of scare me out of that (being there would be no light), even if I was a Yankee fan. But, people snuck into Shea during the demo and posted videos on YouTube actually. Surprisingly they never got caught.
                            "You're killin' me Smalls!"

Comment

• Originally posted by metsforever7515 View Post
                              Well, the creepy factor would kind of scare me out of that (being there would be no light), even if I was a Yankee fan. But, people snuck into Shea during the demo and posted videos on YouTube actually. Surprisingly they never got caught.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISfREUgFurk

Comment

• Originally posted by NYFan1stYankFan2nd View Post
                                I know, but some things are just iconic.
                                I mean, I was little, but if I wasn't watching DiMagg hock Mr. Coffee during a break, it was Margaret Hamilton selling Maxwell House as a shopkeeper(!) You know you've seen her before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1smEagY12m8

Other icons:

-Roger Grimsby
                                -Bill Beutel
                                -John Johnson(All Eyewitness News)
                                -Harry Harrison("Morning Mayor" Old WCBS FM)

They're all on Youtube, but not a DiMaggio Mr. Coffee spot. Weird, I know someone's holding the purse strings to those ads. . . .

um...........I don't know who any of those people are. And what the hell is a morning mayor exactly? Can someone please explain that one to me?
                                jimmyjimjimz
                                Tucker Max is God
                                Last edited by jimmyjimjimz; 05-31-2009, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X