Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul W
    replied
    finally saw the 30 for 30 show tonight. surprised that the wisdom of bill gallo was allowed any time at all.
    i'm sure that the boys at steiner didn't appreciate it...

Leave a comment:

• Gary Dunaier
    replied
    Haven't been able to make it up there in a while. Any new photos, or anything new to report?

Leave a comment:

• Strawman
    replied
    Originally posted by JoeDOYS View Post
    Hey boys. I have redone the website and am now starting the long process of reuploading the pictures. I have a lot to do.

www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com
    As I commented over there:

Utter sadness. Let’s never forget that this rivals Penn Station as the preservation crime of the last half century in New York.

A total disgrace, yet these wonderful and poignant photos constitute a living tribute to those who care, a stern and permanent rebuke to the forces that tore down the House That Ruth Built, an important historical document, and something of a monument against evil and greed.

Well done!

Leave a comment:

• JoeDOYS
    replied
    Hey boys. I have redone the website and am now starting the long process of reuploading the pictures. I have a lot to do.

www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Leave a comment:

• Mike Wagner
    replied
    Dear The Monument and DN4L,

I also look very forward to meeting you and seeing the new Stadium.

-Mike

Leave a comment:

• DN4L
    replied
    Originally posted by The Monument View Post
    Going next Tues with DN4L and Mike Wagner. There will be photos.

Looking forward to meeting Mike, on Tuesday..

Leave a comment:

• quagmire
    replied
    Originally posted by Strawman View Post
    From the great Field of Schemes blog:

Link is here.

This remains a heartbreaking story for anyone interested in baseball, NY history and preservation.
    NOOOOO!!!! It is going to be on at 8 PM. Don't know what to watch. The season 8 premier of NCIS or this. Damn it.

Leave a comment:

• The Monument
    replied
    Going next Tues with DN4L and Mike Wagner. There will be photos.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Dunaier
    replied
    Was wondering if anyone has any new pictures of the site. Latest we know is that they've closed off the Ruppert Plaza walkway but there are now a couple of paved walkways through the site itself.

Leave a comment:

• NYFan1stYankFan2nd
    replied
    You must have felt that section falling as much as you saw it fall.

Leave a comment:

• Strawman
    replied
    Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    I think of all the photos I've taken of the demolition site, my favorites are the ones I got of the last part of the upper deck coming down, as seen from the roof of 845 Gerard Avenue.

(Photo taken March 25, 2010. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)
    Gary when you contrast your photos with the CAD "reconstruction" of the 1923 stadium over at the worthy thread, the scope of this historic tragedy is even clearer...

Leave a comment:

• Gary Dunaier
    replied
    She shot the upper deck being torn down
    I think of all the photos I've taken of the demolition site, my favorites are the ones I got of the last part of the upper deck coming down, as seen from the roof of 845 Gerard Avenue.

(Photo taken March 25, 2010. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)

Leave a comment:

• dabigyankeeman
    replied
    I cant decide whether or not i want to watch that. Thanks for the heads-up though.

Leave a comment:

• Strawman
    replied
    From the great Field of Schemes blog:

Barbara Kopple's documentary "The House of Steinbrenner" debuts Tuesday, Sept. 21 on ESPN, and promises previously unseen footage of this spring's carnage. Writes Richard Sandomir in the New York Times:

Kopple said that she received access from the city to film the stadium's destruction, which the rest of the news media had to observe from rooftops and the subway platform.

She shot the upper deck being torn down, the seats being removed and Derek Jeter's locker being taken apart — and the emotion of longtime team employees like Debbie Nicolosi as a beloved stadium died to give life to one that cost more than a billion dollars to build.
    Link is here.

This remains a heartbreaking story for anyone interested in baseball, NY history and preservation.

Leave a comment:

• hallzee
    replied
    Originally posted by kobathecat View Post
    The silly thing about those 'floating seats' or whatever they are supposed to be, is that they are supposedly to provide a visual reference to the size of the former stadium. Well, all one has to do is look across the street at the new one!
    Man, you need to go to work for the NYC Parks Commission! :-)

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X