Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kobathecat
    replied
    The silly thing about those 'floating seats' or whatever they are supposed to be, is that they are supposedly to provide a visual reference to the size of the former stadium. Well, all one has to do is look across the street at the new one!

Leave a comment:

• quagmire
    replied
    Here are a few shots of the construction.

It's a bit hard to see, but you can see they dug a bit deeper in the right field area.

Leave a comment:

• quagmire
    replied
    I am at NYS for today's game and headed over to the sacred ground. It appears they are now installing the poles where the wired seats are going to be put in. It also appears they are digging deeper in the right field foundation as I see more cement then I did when I was here back in June. Unfortunately I cannot take pics do not having my DSLR with me. I do have a few cell pics, but don't think they will show the detail.

Leave a comment:

• quagmire
    replied
    Originally posted by giantsean View Post
    Quag is it anything we have not seen already on these pages? I'm most interested in those behind the scenese type shots
    In the demolition book, pretty much everything seen here is in it. I bought it so I could have a physical item to see the demolition should anything happen to the images here in this thread. Although it doesn't cover the whole demolition. It starts back in February when the upper deck was started to be removed.

As for the Final Season book, I am not sure how much of it was not seen already. Through out the book there are a few images from on top the roof where the lights are showing NYS under construction, the batters cage and clubhouse after the facility was vacated as well as Steinbrenner's office. There are also pictures of Bernie Williams with his guitar from that photo shoot that I believe it was Gary that witnessed it when he was there on the stadium tour.

Leave a comment:

• giantsean
    replied
    Originally posted by quagmire View Post
    I received both books today and I must say the photography is stunning.
    Quag is it anything we have not seen already on these pages? I'm most interested in those behind the scenese type shots

Leave a comment:

• DN4L
    replied
    Originally posted by mandrake View Post
    Hey DN4L

Ya think we can get the Fake Failures Club (including those who were forced to become Red Sox fans because of NYS) and combine them with the Wilpon Pom-Pon squad, get them all to move up to Fenway Park, and let the regular Yankees and Mets fans live in harmony on this forum.

I'll supply the U-Hauls, Mandrake...
    We may need a crane for one of them!

Leave a comment:

• mandrake
    replied
    Originally posted by DN4L View Post
    They never did, Ollie...
    It's just a bunch of nonsensical stuff from the negative "Fake Failures Club"..
    Hey DN4L

Ya think we can get the Fake Failures Club (including those who were forced to become Red Sox fans because of NYS) and combine them with the Wilpon Pom-Pon squad, get them all to move up to Fenway Park, and let the regular Yankees and Mets fans live in harmony on this forum.
    Last edited by milladrive; 08-19-2010, 09:05 AM. Reason: Rated quote G

Leave a comment:

• quagmire
    replied
    I received both books today and I must say the photography is stunning.

Leave a comment:

• DN4L
    replied
    Originally posted by OllieNYY View Post
    I hate to wade in on this argument, but my personal experience from being at the Stadium, buying official Yankees publications, watching YES and listening to WCBS, never led me to believe that the Yankees brass are saying, all the history happened at NYS. On YES the broadcasters, when discussing events that occurred pre-2009 say something like 'In the Old Park across the street' etc and so do Yankees magazines when they do stories on past Yankees events. And in the museum and monument park did I not see anything that said events occurred at NYS not old. Just my 2 cents saying I agree with DN4L, giantsean etc.

They never did, Ollie...
    It's just a bunch of nonsensical stuff from the negative "Fake Failures Club"..
    Last edited by milladrive; 08-19-2010, 09:05 AM. Reason: Rated G

Leave a comment:

• OllieNYY
    replied
    Ask those folks who think that the Yankee's are consciously trying to make us believe that all of their history happened in NYS
    I hate to wade in on this argument, but my personal experience from being at the Stadium, buying official Yankees publications, watching YES and listening to WCBS, never led me to believe that the Yankees brass are saying, all the history happened at NYS. On YES the broadcasters, when discussing events that occurred pre-2009 say something like 'In the Old Park across the street' etc and so do Yankees magazines when they do stories on past Yankees events. And in the museum and monument park did I not see anything that said events occurred at NYS not old. Just my 2 cents saying I agree with DN4L, giantsean etc.

Leave a comment:

• NYFan1stYankFan2nd
    replied
    Ask those folks who think that the Yankee's are consciously trying to make us believe that all of their history happened in NYS
    I think the City(owners of O/RYS) share that guilt equally! Is it working? We'll have to see what the recollections are of Yankee fans born in 2000 or later.

Leave a comment:

• giantsean
    replied
    Originally posted by NYFan1stYankFan2nd View Post
    How dumb are we?

Leave a comment:

• NYFan1stYankFan2nd
    replied
    At least they didn't rename it "Rennovated Yankee Stadium Demolition". Propers.
    How dumb are we? Of course we know "Yankee Stadium Demolition" refers to the original/only YS(for some of us). People just love to change things.

Leave a comment:

• giantsean
    replied
    Originally posted by NYFan1stYankFan2nd View Post
    What happened to the thread "Yankee Stadium Demolition"?
    At least they didn't rename it "Rennovated Yankee Stadium Demolition". Propers.

Leave a comment:

• NYFan1stYankFan2nd
    replied
    Originally posted by quagmire View Post
    I went back to overview the thread and ran into this post. Sorry to say that swoboda was wrong. OYS went down easily. No disrespect to the people who fought for Gate 2, but we were in a minority. A very vocal minority, but a minority still. No protests, no outpouring of outraged Yankee fans, no human wall, etc. Just a, " We'll miss this place" comment and that is it.
    In the late 60s - early 70s - if they were going straight for a NYS, it would never have been allowed to be built. That acitivist spirit did not exist in 2004-2005 - folks are such pushovers today!

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X