Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rob R View Post
    Emotionally invested? WTF are you talking about? NYS isn't exactly my firstborn.

Your curious hatred of all things Yankees, including NYS--post after post after post--surely diminishes what ever credibility you have left. Can a person really be this disgruntled and miserable in real life?
    I'm not the guy with 2 thousand breathless posts defending such a mediocre structure. And as for my hatred...the most powerful Yankee fan in New York, the guy the Yankee executives listen to everyday, Mr. Francesa.. agrees with me about the team. And it must pain you every time you hear him talk about when he was driving home from Fenway Park with the Yankees up 3-0 in 2004, and then how the tide turned. He tells this story every couple weeks. He's right. The tide turned then and it hasn't been the same since.

Incidentally, despite Mike's Yankee bashing his ratings are as good as they've ever been despite the loss of the Mad Dog.

Comment

• You're the nasty SOB that should be banned, Rob.

Criticizing NYS, the Yankee organization, and/or the current Yankee team is not trolling.

Even if it does tick you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Atkatz View Post
        You're the nasty SOB that should be banned, Rob.

Criticizing NYS, the Yankee organization, and/or the current Yankee team is not trolling.

I'd have to be your brother to be an SOB. And I'm not.

How about you mind your business, unless you know what you're talking about? That work for you, Dave Atkatz?

Comment

• Originally posted by SparkyL View Post
          Three more successive posts that have nothing to do with the topic of the thread.

Come on guys!!
          Jeez you are not
          1. A moderator
          2. Providing us with any news to discuss.

As I said on the Shea demo and I will say here: If you don't have any news/pictures to share, then shut your trap. When things are shown with news and new topics, then this place will have pages upon pages of discussion. Until this happens, quit pretending to be a board policeman.

Comment

I'd have to be your brother to be an SOB. And I'm not.

How about you mind your business, unless you know what you're talking about? That work for you, Dave Atkatz?
            What's the problem Rob? Skip your meds today?

Comment

• I have committed the cardinal sin of criticizing Yankee Stadium and doing it with gusto. This should not merit a banishment, but if Rob wants to stifle dissent and ban his critics then he won't have anyone else to fight with. If this is the case I will leave voluntarily. For the life of me I can't understand why someone is so sensitive about criticism of a baseball team and the stadium it plays in.

I was a huge Yankee fan all my life. And when they built that generic boondoggle across the street and gouged its fans it was simply too much for me to take. I'm no longer a yankee fan. Does this make me a bad person? I don't root for any baseball team. But I must admit I absolutely love listening to Mike Francesa praise the Red Sox on the Yankee channel. Does this mean WFAN should ban Mike Francesa?

Comment

What's the problem Rob? Skip your meds today?
                Nope, took my prescribed dosage. And how does one become so happy-go-lucky, as you always appear on this forum?

Comment

• Originally posted by scooterfan View Post
                  If this is the case I will leave voluntarily.
                  Please do! And take your 2004 shtick with you while you're at it.

Comment

• I just looked over some of my old posts and in the past 30 days I've posted less than 30 times. Yes indeed, the majority of my posts were filled with rage in April into the beginning of May when the Yankees were getting raked over the coals for their shameful ticket prices.

But in the past month my posting activity regarding yankee stadium has dropped because I've moved on. I hate the new stadium but there's absolutely nothing I can do about it, so there's no sense complaining about it. In me the Yankees have lost a fan and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I would love to see baseball impose a salary cap and in the blink of an eye the Yankees would become the Knicks.

Comment

Please do! And take your 2004 shtick with you while you're at it.
                      Scooterfan is heading over the bridge. See ya. Incidentally Phil Rizzuto vigorously opposed any idea of a new Yankee Stadium.

Comment

• Originally posted by scooterfan View Post
                        I just looked over some of my old posts and in the past 30 days I've posted less than 30 times. Yes indeed, the majority of my posts were filled with rage in April into the beginning of May when the Yankees were getting raked over the coals for their shameful ticket prices.

But in the past month my posting activity regarding yankee stadium has dropped because I've moved on. I hate the new stadium but there's absolutely nothing I can do about it, so there's no sense complaining about it. In me the Yankees have lost a fan and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I would love to see baseball impose a salary cap and in the blink of an eye the Yankees would become the Knicks.
                        I got it now! You're Cirroc, The Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer, from SNL!

Spare us the phony self-pity and lies. You've trashed everything concerning the Yankees since you started, not only NYS. You keep bringing up 2004 in the most irrelevant manner, no matter the discussion. You've professed your admiration and love for the town of Boston, the Celtics and the Sox (though you *now* claim to be a non-fan of any team). It's not only about NYS. You've gone as far as to say that Mark Teixiera is unimpressive and at best an average or below average ballplayer. And you want to be taken seriously?

Comment

• For anyone looking for a real update on Yankee Stadium demolition, they posted a couple of photos at www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com.

A curtain has gone up around the outside.

Do they work at night to have things go a little more "unnoticed"? I'm surprised no one has posted any photos yet.

Comment

You're the nasty SOB that should be banned, Rob.

Wow this post was totally unnecessary and you should be banned for this. First off, you had nothing to do with the conversation originally. Second, this totally violates the rules of calling another member a name which is the biggest rule on this board. All you were trying to do was piss off Rob and get him suspended...talk about trolling.
                            Ballparks, Stadiums, & Green Diamonds Died In '08

Comment

• Originally posted by mets16 View Post
                              Jeez you are not
                              1. A moderator
                              2. Providing us with any news to discuss.

As I said on the Shea demo and I will say here: If you don't have any news/pictures to share, then shut your trap. When things are shown with news and new topics, then this place will have pages upon pages of discussion. Until this happens, quit pretending to be a board policeman.
                              SparkyL is not trying to pose as a moderator or board policeman, he wants to see Stadium demo info when he goes on the stadium demo board. We all get to see what these discussions deteriorate into when they are allowed, completely off-topic personal trash talk. When I go on the YS pre-renovation thread, I'm hoping to see new photos or learn something, not get a new recipe or talk about the red sox annoucers. It's always a let down when the new post is something unrelated.

Comment

• Also, some people need to be reminded when you post on here, you're doing it in public for anybody and everybody to see and comment on. Send private messages for personal conversations.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X