Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scooterfan View Post
    Remember now, guys like Reggie Jackson only earned a million a year during the second half of their careers so they're not flush with cash the way Carl Pavano and Kei Igawa are.
    LOL. Good point. Another reason baseball should just die.
    Fake Yankee stadium Fail!

Comment

• Demo site has been updated.
      Last edited by Oddjob; 07-02-2009, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oddjob View Post
        Demo site has been updated.
        Thanks for the update. It should be interesting to see once they start removing the while aluminum under the Loge and upper decks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby_Ayala View Post
          Incorrect, in 1923 the distance down the LF was just under 281 ft, down the RF line it was just under 295 ft.. I believe you are confusing Yankee Stadium with the Polo Grounds where it was around 258 ft down the RF line.
          I missed a page of discussion. Please ignore this post.
          Last edited by swatman; 07-02-2009, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• from my seats 418, as of july 1st

Comment

• Originally posted by yankies4life View Post
              from my seats 418, as of july 1st

Were you at the game on June 30th? Our Save the Gate committee was sitting in that section, row 8, I think.

Richard

Comment

• Originally posted by RichardLillard1 View Post
                Were you at the game on June 30th? Our Save the Gate committee was sitting in that section, row 8, I think.

Richard
                unfortunately i was working that game, how did everything go with the save the gate thing, any luck?

Comment

• Things went really well, until the rain came and we had to put a hold on things.

When I get all of the pictures pulled off of my camera, I'm going to post them and put together a message with the pictures to send out to everyone as well as posting on here anywhere else I may need to.

Richard

Comment

• Originally posted by Oddjob View Post
                    Not to make light of a sad situation but those guys probably went home after they saw the scaffolding and netting up on there. Gate 2 will more than likely be destroyed.
                    Save the Gate was there an hour or so before the Monsoon arrived.....

It's unfortunate the rain ended the rally early....
                    Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Avid fan of the greatest Stadium ever built! Both in beauty and aesthetics throughout its long Glorious history.

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeStadium1923 View Post
                      Save the Gate was there an hour or so before the Monsoon arrived.....

It's unfortunate the rain ended the rally early....
                      But it was fortunate you were there with your model.

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by RichardLillard1 View Post

Richard

and why wasn't I invited? I should be part of the committe. I was the guy who got you guys a contact with a councilman.

anyway, I hope you guys had a good time.

Comment

• Yea, my son and I made it to the gate at 6:30 in the rain and unfortunately missed all of you. That's my second game in a row with an hour + rain delay, but at least they won.

Comment

• My cousin sent me this link. Pretty cool, yet sad. It was an episode of "Tools of the Trade" covering the demolition process of Busch II. Figure they might demo Yankee Stadium in a similar manner since they can't implode it.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/21996/man-...ade-demolition
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Jones View Post
                              But it was fortunate you were there with your model.

Thanks!
                              Thanks Chris.....The model survived the mini hurricane that shortened Tuesdays Save the Gate. Maybe I'll post a few pics if nothing surfaces within the next few days.
                              Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Avid fan of the greatest Stadium ever built! Both in beauty and aesthetics throughout its long Glorious history.

Comment

• Flickr user james_rawimages has posted a number of interesting Aerial views of the two Yankee Stadiums onto Flickr. Here are the ones that showcase the old stadium; the others are in the Yankee Stadium (2009) thread.

(Uploaded to Flickr.com by user james_rawimages on 7/3/09; described as having been taken June 25, 2009. Link to original Flickr.com upload: here.)

(Uploaded to Flickr.com by user james_rawimages on 7/3/09; described as having been taken June 25, 2009. Link to original Flickr.com upload: here.)

X
                                What's THAT guy doing?
                                - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X