Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    Flickr user james_rawimages has posted a number of interesting Aerial views of the two Yankee Stadiums onto Flickr. Here are the ones that showcase the old stadium; the others are in the Yankee Stadium (2009) thread.

(Uploaded to Flickr.com by user james_rawimages on 7/3/09; described as having been taken June 25, 2009. Link to original Flickr.com upload: here.)

(Uploaded to Flickr.com by user james_rawimages on 7/3/09; described as having been taken June 25, 2009. Link to original Flickr.com upload: here.)

The demo site is a few days ahead of you with this. That guy is on top of things over there.

Comment

• Last year a low budget movie was made in The Bronx that chronicled life around yankee stadium. It was supposed to be released this summer. I haven't heard anything about it. Anyone know the name of it?

Comment

• I don't see any scaffolding around Gate 2.
        No one can make you
        Do what they want to
        You know you're stronger
        Than the lies
        That they tell you

Comment

• here are a bunch...

http://nyyankeesrumors.com/demolitio...o-update-7409/

Comment

• Originally posted by zellyanks91 View Post
            Again, these are all picked off demolitionofyankeestadium.com. Show us something we havent seen please.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy View Post
              I don't see any scaffolding around Gate 2.
              I do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maxlugar View Post
                LOL. Good point. Another reason baseball should just die.
                ??? Why are you here?
                HE DROPPED THE BALL! HE DROPPED THE BALL!
                http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=5026043

Damon's Double Steal
                http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?c...pic_id=7223232

Comment

• Originally posted by Oddjob View Post
                  I do.

That's a good picture... I should know because that's my photo.

(Oddjob, you're new here, at least in terms of number of posts, so you may be unaware that it's common courtesy to credit the original photographer when you post a picture you saw on Flickr or some other site.)

They've really expanded the scaffolding around the place. Photos to come... it may be a while but they're my photos so you know they'll be worth the wait. Roughly the area between Gate 4 and Gate 6 is the only area that does not have scaffolding, but from what I'm seeing it won't be long before the entire place is covered up.
                  X
                  What's THAT guy doing?
                  - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• I meant from the aerial shots, I hadn't seen Gary's new pictures.

That's a real shame.
                    No one can make you
                    Do what they want to
                    You know you're stronger
                    Than the lies
                    That they tell you

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                      That's a good picture... I should know because that's my photo.

(Oddjob, you're new here, at least in terms of number of posts, so you may be unaware that it's common courtesy to credit the original photographer when you post a picture you saw on Flickr or some other site.)
                      Sorry Gary, its a picture of scaffolding on a building. Sorry that i didnt properly credit it on a public forum.

Geez.

Comment

• And wow at taking them down and putting them back up with your name plastered all over them. What was the purpose of this?

Heres one from flickr member msaia without horrible watermarks written across it.

Last edited by Oddjob; 07-05-2009, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oddjob View Post
                          Sorry Gary, its a picture of scaffolding on a building. Sorry that i didnt properly credit it on a public forum.

Geez.
                          It was his picture, he should have the right to be credited. Especially on a public forum. As a second rate ballpark "photographer" behind Gary of course , it pains me when I find one of my pictures either on a website or a forum. It's his work, don't get defensive about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by mets16 View Post
                            It was his picture, he should have the right to be credited. Especially on a public forum. As a second rate ballpark "photographer" behind Gary of course , it pains me when I find one of my pictures either on a website or a forum. It's his work, don't get defensive about it.
                            It is credited, on his flickr page which the image posted here points to. It would be a different story if i dl'ed it to my hard drive then posted it here as an attachment.

He could just let it slide insted of calling people out on it pubicly. He could have PM'ed me privately instead of the rude statement in the thread. Whatever, theres more bsing and arguing here than there are demolition images anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by mets16 View Post
                              It was his picture, he should have the right to be credited.
                              He posted it on a public website which enables easy sharing via copy & paste codes. If he wanted credit for his picture, he should have slapped the little watermark on before posting it. ...Or kept it on his computer until he was ready to share.

Originally posted by mets16 View Post
                              As a second rate ballpark "photographer" behind Gary of course
                              Give us a break.

it pains me when I find one of my pictures either on a website or a forum.
                              Then keep your pictures private.

It's his work,
                              Define work.

don't get defensive about it.
                              Exactly.

(Btw, shouldn't we be applauding Oddjob for digging up real, actual photographs of the stadium so that we can look and discuss Old Yankee Stadium's demolition rather than whatever nonsense (like this) fills in the gaps between actual updates?!)
                              Last edited by JohnCropp; 07-05-2009, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnCropp View Post
                                He posted it on a public website which enables easy sharing via copy & paste codes. If he wanted credit for his picture, he should have slapped the little watermark on before posting it. ...Or kept it on his computer until he was ready to share.

Give us a break.
                                It's common courtesy, something you don't have. All he had to say was "this is from ______." Not too hard right?

And give you a break? Really? Having 3500 pictures, having them featured in magazines, and websites all over the place doesn't do anything for you? Please. If you wrote a song, and produced it, then someone posted it and didn't credit you, it would be fine? I really don't think so. Should Gary have not taken the issue publicly? Maybe. But he has a right to. When it is his work. And if you don't think it's work, then you provide something.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X