No announcement yet.

Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the Jim Beam lounge have a good view of the demolition as I will have access on July 20th. What is the best vantage point to view the demolition.

Comment

• there is a forum up at the www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

• The black curtain is likely for debris containment. You may not have seen it in other cases because the proximity to streets and other buildings wasn't as much as risk as it is in this case.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJLT252 View Post
          Does the Jim Beam lounge have a good view of the demolition as I will have access on July 20th. What is the best vantage point to view the demolition.
          I don't think that the JBL has any windows.

So the best view is thru the slats at the back of the Grandstand level.

Comment

• Thanks Jnakamura and SparlyL, your responses make a lot of sense. No fireworks at RYS.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHiller View Post
              This thread has no shortage of squabbling with folks feeling like they need to win by getting the last comment in.

What it does have a shortage of pictures of the demolition of Yankee Stadium! I fear we're about to lose a valuable contributor simply because folks feel the need to win these arguments.
              But these arguments ARE America at its best! It's what we excel at. This ain't Europe - where people actually arrive at the same conclusion most of the time.
              RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

• Originally posted by NYFan1stYankFan2nd View Post
                But these arguments ARE America at its best! It's what we excel at. This ain't Europe - where people actually arrive at the same conclusion most of the time.
                ....and at it's worst too, "NYF1YF2".

There comes a time to just let it go & move on ..... hopefully we've reached that point in this particular 'discussion'.
                ------------------------------------------
                www.CollectibleStadiumSeats.com
                www.YankeeStadiumSeats.com
                www.SheaStadiumSeats.com

------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by RichieA13 View Post
                  ....and at it's worst too, "NYF1YF2".

There comes a time to just let it go & move on ..... hopefully we've reached that point in this particular 'discussion'.
                  I am facetiously speaking in general terms, Queens - not just about the bickering in this Demolition thread. Face it - Americans luuuuv to argue, with each other, with other nations, even with themselves. That's why the Pilgies left mother England, right??

I'm not condoning it, Queens, I HATE that we are this way as a nation, but I'm just highlighting the reality of "life over here". Case in point: Ever get two people to agree where to hang a frickin' PICTURE on a WALL? Ain't gonna happen.

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

• Gehrig video over at Demolition Website

Currently running.

If that doesn't make you well up you are probably not alive.

Comment

• What happened to this design? I've never seen these renderings before. this would have been so much better than the the current plan which does not preserve the stadium in any way.

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees650B View Post
                        What happened to this design? I've never seen these renderings before. this would have been so much better than the the current plan which does not preserve the stadium in any way.
                        I haven't seen those rendering either where did you find those? That looks so much better than the current plan.

Comment

What happened to this design? I've never seen these renderings before. this would have been so much better than the the current plan which does not preserve the stadium in any way.
                          That was the original plan that was used to sell Adolfo Carrion(former Bronx Borough President) the new Yankee Stadium idea. The proposed building in leftcenter is a hotel and the 1976 parking garage down the first base line by the bat was to be converted into a School for Sports education. Unfortunately for Carrion this was a verbal agreement and was never really part of the deal. So Carrion ended up getting screwed just like he screwed his own Bronx Community.
                          Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Avid fan of the greatest Stadium ever built! Both in beauty and aesthetics throughout its long Glorious history.

Comment

• Took these Monday.

Comment

I'm confused with this rendering and where the hotel was supposed to be. What about the el?

Comment

• The Photographs...

Damn! (I'm from the South, so even with the exclamation mark, it comes out, Daaaamn!).

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X