Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tdinan View Post
    Took these Monday.
    Wow I really have to get out there tomorrow. Are those the only 2 pictures you took?

Comment

• I love how you can see the small square ornamental pieces trying to be seen from beneath the layer of concrete added over the exterior wall in the 70's.

Richard

Comment

• My July 4 photos of the demolition site are now up on Flickr. There are 100 photos (collect 'em all), and the link to each and every one of them can be found right here.
        X
        What's THAT guy doing?
        - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• I hope some hooligans find a way to go inside with a camera like those kids at Shea did earlier this year.

I died a little after seeing those pictures.
          No one can make you
          Do what they want to
          You know you're stronger
          Than the lies
          That they tell you

Comment

• Originally posted by scooterfan View Post
            I'm confused with this rendering and where the hotel was supposed to be. What about the el?
            The hotel is in the OYS bleachers to the left of the old batters eye. It backs up to the El just as did that section of bleachers. Notice the proximity to NYS Gate 6 of that hotel.
            RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

• Great pictures as always Gary. I've been following the site for about 6 months but only recently had my account activated to post. I just wanted to tell how I incredible its been to look at all your pictures especially of Shea and Citi Field.

Anyway, question for whoever may be able to answer it. Is there any plans that have been stated publicly for the bat? Is it staying?

Comment

• I heard "The Bat" is staying in its current location.
                No one can make you
                Do what they want to
                You know you're stronger
                Than the lies
                That they tell you

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees650B View Post
                  What happened to this design? I've never seen these renderings before. this would have been so much better than the the current plan which does not preserve the stadium in any way.
                  Two things:
                  1.) Gate six looks strange in that sketch, is that part of another earlier design?
                  2.) It's a shame they aren't following through with that plan. It looks like there is a complex of about 3-5 buildings centered around the OYS field. This could have come a long way towards revitalizing the neighborhood, as would the school, maybe even more so than just the new stadium and new parkland.

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy View Post
                  I heard "The Bat" is staying in its current location.
                  Yes, as of right now, the bat will remain intact at its current location.

Comment

• Originally posted by tdinan View Post
                    Took these Monday.
                    Can't believe they spray painted X's on the facade like that. I would easily shell out a couple hundred bucks to have one of those pieces in my back yard

Comment

• I agree Gordon. Seems like they would be a premium sale piece.
                      Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

• you'd think steiner would sell those off too, considering they are hawking every square inch of the place...I would buy one too
                        sigpic

Comment

• here are some photos on the voice:

http://nyyankeesrumors.com/demolitio...-photos-71209/

Comment

• Originally posted by zellyanks91 View Post
                            here are some photos on the voice:
                            Those are my photos from July 4th. Not only are they uncredited, but my watermarked credit was cropped out of each one. Very disrespectful.
                            X
                            What's THAT guy doing?
                            - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• Wow, I've never seen a demolition of a place take so long and be so drawn out.

Comment

• The first link below is nice montage of implosion/demolition videos, including footage of the take downs of Market Square Arena (Indiana), Three Rivers Stadium (Pittsburgh) & the Kingdome (Seattle). The second link is to footage of an implosion of a stadium in China.

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&vid=...3298&GT1=42006

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&vid=...298&GT1=42006#
                                Last edited by RichieA13; 07-17-2009, 06:19 AM.
                                ------------------------------------------
                                www.CollectibleStadiumSeats.com
                                www.YankeeStadiumSeats.com
                                www.SheaStadiumSeats.com

------------------------------------------

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X