Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jim Vaz View Post
    Wow, I've never seen a demolition of a place take so long and be so drawn out.
    They're working around my schedule; it's not as easy for me to get up there as it is/was for me to get to Shea.
    X
    What's THAT guy doing?
    - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• I'm not sure where to post this, but check out tvbythenumbers.com The Red Sox have by far the highest local tv ratings of any team in baseball. The Cardinals are second, and Brewers are third. The Yankees are 9th, a couple notches behind the Cubs.

The Mets and Dodgers do not make the top 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by scooterfan View Post
        I'm not sure where to post this, but check out tvbythenumbers.com The Red Sox have by far the highest local tv ratings of any team in baseball. The Cardinals are second, and Brewers are third. The Yankees are 9th, a couple notches behind the Cubs.

Doesn't surprise me when you consider that New Yorkers--especially in Manhattan--are more transient. You have folks from all over the country and world living in NY. Plus, there's so many other things to do in NY; other interests outside of baseball.

There's no denying that more people in Boston vicariously live and die through the Sox. I have my own interpretation of this, but we've already gone way off-topic. Not sure what your Sox ratings have to do with Yankee Stadium demolition other than, I suspect, your thinking it'll make Yanks fan feel inferior to those mighty Sox in comparison. Silly, silly, silly.
        Last edited by Rob R; 07-17-2009, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• Nothing silly about it Rob. If you can, post the link from tvbythenumbers.com. And if you're so offended that I've written this in the Yankee thread start a new thread. These ratings are very, very interesting and they're hard to come by for the general public. Even though the Yankees are #9 in MLB in terms of ratings, they still have the most total viewers because so many millions more people live in the YES market than St. Louis or Boston.

The Dodgers have some of the lowest ratings in MLB, while the Nationals are the lowest.

Comment

• You need to take into account ratings are based upon market size. A Higher rating in St. Louis constitues many less people than a lower number in NY. # of viewer wise more people are watching in the NY market than the higher rating St. lou or Boston. Ratings are really just tool, to determine advertising rates. People think about them way too much when there mean fairly little to the avg. person.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
              They're working around my schedule; it's not as easy for me to get up there as it is/was for me to get to Shea.
              lol

Comment

• Speaking of ratings, fans calling up and bashing the new stadiums paid big dividends for WFAN in the spring ratings book. WFAN remarkably came in #1 during the Carton/Esiason show in the 25-54 male demographic. Imus was no where near the top spot towards the end of his WFAN run. Francesa won the male demo as he often does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                  Those are my photos from July 4th. Not only are they uncredited, but my watermarked credit was cropped out of each one. Very disrespectful.
                  Gary, might I suggest you start doing something like dance the polka naked while chanting Hindu chakras.
                  Last edited by jnakamura; 07-19-2009, 12:58 AM.
                  I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
                  - Walt Whitman

Comment

• Originally posted by scooterfan View Post
                    I'm not sure where to post this, but check out tvbythenumbers.com The Red Sox have by far the highest local tv ratings of any team in baseball. The Cardinals are second, and Brewers are third. The Yankees are 9th, a couple notches behind the Cubs.

Post it anywhere but here.
                    Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

• Originally posted by jnakamura View Post
                      Gary, might I suggest you start doing something like this...
                      Well, get rid of that font! That's a horrid font and I'd never use anything like that. Arial Black or Arial Bold are my fonts of choice.

Second, that's actually not my photo , so if you could edit your post to remove it, I'd appreciate it, because it's not a good idea for a photo that's not mine to be on the internet with a credit to me, especially since I try to be vigilant about getting credit for those photos that are mine. Unfortnately, at the time I uploaded it to Flickr, I was new to the whole uploading photo business and I didn't think about crediting sources, but I got it from a real estate website, and that's how I was able to quote the asking price of an apartment in the building.

For the record, jnakamura was suggesting I add a more prominent, opaque watermark to my photos, and he posted an example of what he was suggesting. That's my reference to the photo that I asked him to delete.

Third - I'd love to do something like that... how do I do it????? :noidea
                      X
                      What's THAT guy doing?
                      - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• You could try something like this, Gary?
                        Attached Files
                        ------------------------------------------
                        www.CollectibleStadiumSeats.com
                        www.YankeeStadiumSeats.com
                        www.SheaStadiumSeats.com

------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by RichieA13 View Post
                          You could try something like this, Gary?
                          lmao!!!!!!!

Comment

Last edited by Rob R; 07-19-2009, 10:42 AM. Reason: wrong thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob R View Post
                              Doesn't surprise me when you consider that New Yorkers--especially in Manhattan--are more transient. You have folks from all over the country and world living in NY. Plus, there's so many other things to do in NY; other interests outside of baseball.

There's no denying that more people in Boston vicariously live and die through the Sox. I have my own interpretation of this, but we've already gone way off-topic. Not sure what your Sox ratings have to do with Yankee Stadium demolition other than, I suspect, your thinking it'll make Yanks fan feel inferior to those mighty Sox in comparison. Silly, silly, silly.

Wow... I'm a diehard Yankee fan and not even I can swallow your ridiculous logic. NY is more transient than Boston?

1. Boston is a far bigger college town than NY... about as transient as it gets.
                              2. NY's population and metro population outnumber Boston's by orders of magnitude. Transience doesn't come into play here.

A slightly better argument may have been that NY has two teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by applenut View Post
                                Wow... I'm a diehard Yankee fan and not even I can swallow your ridiculous logic. NY is more transient than Boston?

1. Boston is a far bigger college town than NY... about as transient as it gets.
                                2. NY's population and metro population outnumber Boston's by orders of magnitude. Transience doesn't come into play here.

A slightly better argument may have been that NY has two teams.
                                If you have problems, take them out on somebody else, ok chief? Go find some good pizza joint, stuff your face, and make yourself happy.
                                Last edited by Rob R; 07-20-2009, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X