No announcement yet.

Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no idea what you guys are arguing about, and usually Rob and I differ on opinions, but I would also have to believe NYC, and in particuliar Manhattan alone is more transient then Boston, even with its huge college population, if anything even. You think about all the people and tourists from all over the country and the world who pass through Manhattan every single day. Certainly a large college pop where kids are coming from all over the country and world will bump up your numbers, but for the most part if you're not a college student in Boston, you're most likely live in and around Boston itself.

Now what this all had to do with ballparks, I have no idea...:ooo:

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Vaz View Post
      I have no idea what you guys are arguing about, and usually Rob and I differ on opinions, but I would also have to believe NYC, and in particuliar Manhattan alone is more transient then Boston, even with its huge college population, if anything even. You think about all the people and tourists from all over the country and the world who pass through Manhattan every single day. Certainly a large college pop where kids are coming from all over the country and world will bump up your numbers, but for the most part if you're not a college student in Boston, you're most likely live in and around Boston itself.

Now what this all had to do with ballparks, I have no idea...:ooo:
      Err... tourists don't count towards population size, nor do people who just past through for a day.

Even if NYC were more transient (which it is not, not by numbers or by percentage) the sheer population size (nevermind including parts of Jersey, PA, upstate NY, and Connecticut) far outweighs the greater Boston area.

Comment

• Doesn't "transient" by definition mean "passing through"? Tourists, business people, etc., are all transients.

tran⋅sient [tran-shuhnt, -zhuhnt, -zee-uhnt]

noun - a person or thing that is transient, esp. a temporary guest, boarder, laborer, or the like.
        "There's no crying in Baseball!"
        -...unless your son throws a no-no for the Giants!

Comment

• Who cares.

It's off topic.

Somebody, please take another picture.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnCropp View Post
            Who cares.

It's off topic.

DOYS posted a bunch today.

Comment

• tiles/panels from side of OYS

I made my first trip to the Bronx in over 20 years, and was definitely saddened by the shroud around the old Stadium. I seemed like a widow's head dress the day of the funeral...just a protracted death in my opinion.

Anyways...after watching this thread for a while, I had thought that some of the decorative panels on/near the louvers were part of the concrete exterior, but my photo seems to make it seem metallic.

Can anyone confirm this?

Paul
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by elpablo302 View Post
                Anyways...after watching this thread for a while, I had thought that some of the decorative panels on/near the louvers were part of the concrete exterior, but my photo seems to make it seem metallic.

Can anyone confirm this?

Paul
                fiberglass...
                the turd in the punchbowl
                reality really sucks.
                enjoy the game more...

Comment

• http://www.wcbs880.com/pages/4843394.php

Comment

• Unlike Shea, which was surrounded by a huge parking lot, YS is sandwiched between 2 large parking garages, the EL, and the new Stadium. I wonder if they will have to suspend service on the EL when they begin to dismantle RF?

Comment

• What about the Lou Gehrig room with the colume painted with Yankee Captains? Tell me that will be saved.. They are ruining history.
                      here's a link..
                      http://www.nypost.com/seven/07142008...ver_119780.htm
                      Last edited by AMAYSN 24; 07-21-2009, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMAYSN 24 View Post
                        What about the Lou Gehrig room with the colume painted with Yankee Captains? Tell me that will be saved.. They are ruining history.
                        Thats the one thing I really really wanted to see at the old place before they took it down. I really hope theyre preserving some parts of it

Comment

• I wonder why they tore apart the field. So many legendary people played on that grass you'd think they would try and preserve it.

Comment

• Originally posted by adamb10 View Post
                            I wonder why they tore apart the field. So many legendary people played on that grass you'd think they would try and preserve it.
                            It's not like they've had the same field since 1923. They put new grass in every year and re-do the entire field every several years.
                            Ballparks, Stadiums, & Green Diamonds Died In '08

Comment

• Sunday, July 19th, 2009

Originally posted by JohnCropp View Post
                              Who cares.

It's off topic.

Here are a few photos I took with my iPhone from Sunday. I apologize for the large size of the images; I'm too lazy to shrink them.

Yankee Stadium Demolition 1.JPG

Yankee Stadium Demolition 2.JPG
                              sigpic

Comment

• Continued.

[ATTACH]73754[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]73755[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]73756[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]73757[/ATTACH]
                                sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget