i thought i was the only one.

Comment

• I'm seeing it

Comment

• Originally posted by baseballman1243 View Post
          Sorry there's nothing there.
          Originally posted by yankees650B View Post
          i thought i was the only one.
          Damn it, I don't know why this happens. Another poster a few months ago was complaining that he/she couldn't see my attachments. I wonder what the issue might be?
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mandrake View Post
            Unlike Shea, which was surrounded by a huge parking lot, YS is sandwiched between 2 large parking garages, the EL, and the new Stadium. I wonder if they will have to suspend service on the EL when they begin to dismantle RF?
            I think this is one reason why they have scaffolding and protective netting surrounding the place. Remember, Shea did not have any scaffolding or netting - and while it was also next to an elevated subway, it wasn't as close as the one running by Yankee Stadium is.
            X
            What's THAT guy doing?
            - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• Originally posted by locke40 View Post
              Damn it, I don't know why this happens. Another poster a few months ago was complaining that he/she couldn't see my attachments. I wonder what the issue might be?
              If you are seeing little white boxes with a red x, and you are signed in using the url http://www.baseball-fever.com, try logging in using the url http://baseball-fever.com (omit the www) I just tried it and I can see Locke's pics now.
              First Game- Twinight DH, Mets vs. Cards at Shea, August 22, 1965

Comment

• Thanks Chiller, I can see the pictures now.
                No one can make you
                Do what they want to
                You know you're stronger
                Than the lies
                That they tell you

Comment

• Originally posted by adamb10 View Post
                  I wonder why they tore apart the field. So many legendary people played on that grass you'd think they would try and preserve it.
                  1) $$$$ They are selling the sod piece-by-piece.
                  2) The new park will have a completely different field configuration and will be raised.

Comment

• Tiger Stadium is now completely gone! So much for saving the memories of the game..... And to think they were going to save any of Yankee Stadium, yeah right. Money talks, memories are memories.... enough said. Sad day...

Comment

It's not like they've had the same field since 1923. They put new grass in every year and re-do the entire field every several years.
                      Yep, plus they dug so deep during the renovation, that since the 70's players at RYS were essentially playing in the basement of OYS.

Comment

• This step by step, slow procedure is heart breaking. I have to agree with the poster who said of the shroud, "It seemed like a widow's head dress the day of the funeral...just a protracted death in my opinion."

It's so torturous to look at when I go to NYS, that I try not to, though it's hard to avoid.

Comment

• Originally posted by GordonGecko View Post
                          Why is the concrete behind home plate a lighter color than the rest?
                          Ballparks, Stadiums, & Green Diamonds Died In '08

Comment

Why is the concrete behind home plate a lighter color than the rest?
                            Have they essentially re-established the original field level footprint by removing these seats between the dugout and where they stopped?

Comment

• Yeah that's what i've been wondering ever since they took the seats out

Comment

• Originally posted by VAPYankees4 View Post
                                Yeah that's what i've been wondering ever since they took the seats out
                                I am headed over to the pre-renovation, and Kaplanski threads to investigate!!!

I think it is pretty clear that they stopped at the original outline. Can't believe no one has commented on this.

I still say that you never know what could happen until it is actually gone...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X