No announcement yet.

Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mets16 has to be the biggest troll on this site. All he does is go into other threads and start arguments. Do you ever say anything constructive or worth reading? Geez
    Parks I've been to- RYS, NYS, Shea, Citi, CBP, Fenway,Dodger, At&T, Oakland, Nationals, Wrigley, US Cellular and Target Field.

Comment

• Originally posted by useref15 View Post
      Mets16 has to be the biggest troll on this site. All he does is go into other threads and start arguments. Do you ever say anything constructive or worth reading? Geez
      Troll? Excuse me? I'm not even going to get into something with someone with 30+ posts.

And since when is "starting an argument" my problem when I am simply sharing my opinion. It is America, and you should take full advantage on this "free speech" thing. It is actually pretty good. As the mods have said before, personal attacks aren't allowed on this board, so either edit out my name or I will send a little PM and get this over with.
      Last edited by mets16; 07-27-2009, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mets16 View Post
        Troll? Excuse me? I'm not even going to get into something with someone with 30+ posts.

And since when is "starting an argument" my problem when I am simply sharing my opinion. It is America, and you should take full advantage on this "free speech" thing. It is actually pretty good. As the mods have said before, personal attacks aren't allowed on this board, so either edit out my name or I will send a little PM and get this over with.
        I'll take advantage of it. This is a thread for the demo of Yankee Stadium! What don't you understand about that??? You can critisize my post count I don't care, I don't build it up by starting arguments like you choose to do(to each there own). I don't want to come to the yankee stadium thread and read your trash. Start your own thread.
        Seriously if we wanted to have a pointless chat about something that has nothing to do with the demo, than we can talk about the how clemens would've kicked Piazza's ass anyday of the week.

Comment

• Originally posted by efbeenie View Post
          I'll take advantage of it. This is a thread for the demo of Yankee Stadium! What don't you understand about that??? You can critisize my post count I don't care, I don't build it up by starting arguments like you choose to do(to each there own). I don't want to come to the yankee stadium thread and read your trash. Start your own thread.
          Seriously if we wanted to have a pointless chat about something that has nothing to do with the demo, than we can talk about the how clemens would've kicked Piazza's ass anyday of the week.
          Ok? I wasn't referencing you, but if you really feel I haven't contributed anything take a look at the pictures I took of the demo. If you are still not satisfied, then we could talk about how your anabolic pitcher would win fights, because that is getting us back on topic. And maybe before you make any more brash comments maybe take a course in English as it will do wonders for you later in life.

Comment

• What does it matter how many posts somebody has. If they have a valid statement, then its a valid statement. It's not like I'm saying something that is false. I'm sure i'm not alone here, when I feel all you do is look for trouble. You may have 800+ posts, but about maybe 10 of them are credible and have a point. You complain when people go into the citi field threads, yet you come into every yankee thread and bash them at any possible chance you can. Look at your posts and tell me you have credibility!
            Parks I've been to- RYS, NYS, Shea, Citi, CBP, Fenway,Dodger, At&T, Oakland, Nationals, Wrigley, US Cellular and Target Field.

Comment

• Originally posted by useref15 View Post
              What does it matter how many posts somebody has. If they have a valid statement, then its a valid statement. It's not like I'm saying something that is false. I'm sure i'm not alone here, when I feel all you do is look for trouble. You may have 800+ posts, but about maybe 10 of them are credible and have a point. You complain when people go into the citi field threads, yet you come into every yankee thread and bash them at any possible chance you can. Look at your posts and tell me you have credibility!
              How am I bashing? I am not asking for a response, just stating my opinion. And I would seriously reconsider that post. 10 credible? Come on, get real. I would say maybe 20 posts have been out of line, the rest civil and passionate. Why is it me that is the common denominator? I don't have problems when I share my opinion with other teams' fans, it is just always Yankees fans. Can it be that they can't take criticism? Enough with the "troll" that is such a strong word and I don't think we have one on this board that even remotely fits the character.

Comment

• I don't want to keep arguing with a troll like you, and ruin this thread. I'm sure there are a bunch of members on this forum that feel the same way as I do. Keep your act in the Citi Field threads.

Comment

• Originally posted by efbeenie View Post
                  Agreed. Mets16 - please try and stay on the topic of whatever thread you are posting in.

Comment

• Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
                    To my knowledge, I have yet to repost anything here, or all over cyberspace now that I think about it. Your assumption that I made reference to George is correct since neither Hank nor Hal would've provided the pun that I intended, and ordering the stadium buried was yet another stab at humor. These are often refered to as humorous antidotes, usually associated with sarcasm. Those individuals who's heads are free of their anal cavity often find things like this amussing.
                    "humorous antidotes?"

Those individuals whose heads are lodged in their anal cavities who yet still manage to tickle their throats with their toes, are the ones who feign "humor" as the inspiration for their ignorance.

Comment

• Pardon me, gentlemen, but I believe that mets16 was directing his shot at me. Something in regards to winning some games in dramatic fashion was his point, which would bring it all back to the heart of the thread, Yankee Stadium Demolition, which is where everyone wants it to be.

We could begin by referring to 1923, 1927 & 1928. Or how about 1932, 1936, 1937, 1938 and 1939? Or perhaps 1941, 1943 and 1947. Then there's that five spot from 1949 to 1953, etc. Now they want to demolish a Shrine like Yankee Stadium. From the first year that Yankee Stadium existed in 1923 until its final year in 2008, a span of 85 years, Yankee Stadium has been the host of the World Series 45.8% of the time. Think about that. On average, in your lifetime, the World Series has been played in the Bronx nearly every other year. So say what you want about the Yankees, the Stadium, Jeter, whoever. It's big news when they suffer a loss, and it happens often, and it's because they're in the thick of it most of the time, and now the one big edge that they had is being discarded like a pair of worn out sneakers. Somebody blew that call big time. The problem is that the powers that be are void of any historical recognition. As always seems to be the case, if they don't understand it, they will destroy it.

Comment

• This message is hidden because mets16 is on your ignore list.

Oh yes indeedy.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
                          Pardon me, gentlemen, but I believe that mets16 was directing his shot at me. Something in regards to winning some games in dramatic fashion was his point, which would bring it all back to the heart of the thread, Yankee Stadium Demolition, which is where everyone wants it to be.

We could begin by referring to 1923, 1927 & 1928. Or how about 1932, 1936, 1937, 1938 and 1939? Or perhaps 1941, 1943 and 1947. Then there's that five spot from 1949 to 1953, etc. Now they want to demolish a Shrine like Yankee Stadium. From the first year that Yankee Stadium existed in 1923 until its final year in 2008, a span of 85 years, Yankee Stadium has been the host of the World Series 45.8% of the time. Think about that. On average, in your lifetime, the World Series has been played in the Bronx nearly every other year. So say what you want about the Yankees, the Stadium, Jeter, whoever. It's big news when they suffer a loss, and it happens often, and it's because they're in the thick of it most of the time, and now the one big edge that they had is being discarded like a pair of worn out sneakers. Somebody blew that call big time. The problem is that the powers that be are void of any historical recognition. As always seems to be the case, if they don't understand it, they will destroy it.
                          THANK YOU!!!

Comment

• .................................................. .................................................. .............
                            Last edited by baseballman1243; 07-27-2009, 07:52 PM.
                            Ballparks, Stadiums, & Green Diamonds Died In '08

Comment

• I have a sinking feeling that we may not feel the full effect of the demolition of Yankee Stadium until many years down the road. We are stuck for the next 40 years with a weird, poorly planned, stadium that is designed to take your money.

The only thing that helps me get through this is when they do demolish the new stadium in 40 years, the architects will have come to their senses and realize that Yankee Stadium should be a tiered structure, and that segregation in a baseball stadium is a BAD thing.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by locke40 View Post
                                The only thing that helps me get through this is when they do demolish the new stadium in 40 years, the architects will have come to their senses and realize that Yankee Stadium should be a tiered structure, and that segregation in a baseball stadium is a BAD thing.
                                I hope I'm around to see the next stadium and what they do once the new place is dated...and it will probably go back to the original site which is nice
                                sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X