No announcement yet.

Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of "selling" items, they're beginning to get awful greedy now since the new stadium is in operation. If any of you went to Old Timers Day on July 19th, you may have noticed something a little different than what you are accustomed to.

I was at Old Timers Day in 2004, 2006 and 2007. At each of those games they presented every ticket holder with a commemorative pin at the gate as they entered. This year, 2009 however, they weren't handing them out at the gate, but they were still available . . . provided you cough up 20 bucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
      Speaking of "selling" items, they're beginning to get awful greedy now since the new stadium is in operation. If any of you went to Old Timers Day on July 19th, you may have noticed something a little different than what you are accustomed to.

I was at Old Timers Day in 2004, 2006 and 2007. At each of those games they presented every ticket holder with a commemorative pin at the gate as they entered. This year, 2009 however, they weren't handing them out at the gate, but they were still available . . . provided you cough up 20 bucks.
      Wow now they are just getting ridiculous. Now you have to pay for the promotion item.

Comment

• $20. for a pin????!!!!! These guys are doing a great job of earning less respect than Rodney Dangerfield!!!!!!!!!!

-Mike Wagner

Comment

• The analogy to an unburied corpse that is the current state of RYS just continues to deepen. First they wrapped its stripped body in a shroud, and now it's beginning to molder and decay. Then, when they start the controlled dismantling, it will be like an autopsy being performed.
          First Game- Twinight DH, Mets vs. Cards at Shea, August 22, 1965

Comment

• It is amazing how much the Yankees organization is getting away with raping and disrespecting its fanbase. Unfortunately, far too many fans just look the other way or in many cases actually defend and seem to take pride/brag about the elitism and corporate mentality the team has taken towards its fanbase.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Wagner View Post
              $20. for a pin????!!!!! These guys are doing a great job of earning less respect than Rodney Dangerfield!!!!!!!!!!

-Mike Wagner
              I had tickets for OTD, but was ill and couldn't go.
              Finding out they were selling pins, makes me sick all over again.
              I wondered what they would give the fans for the occasion, the answer was NOTHING!!!
              :gt:gt

Comment

• Originally posted by VAPYankees4 View Post
                It looks like those pictures belong on that show Life After Humans. One thing i noticed from those pictures is that there is a part of the wall down the left field line still standing. And if my memory is right isn't that the spot jeter flew into the stands? Could they possibly be preserving it?
                Yes, VAPY. I posted this photo a few pages back from Yankees Magazine. I'm sure they'll attempt to remove it intact, as you can't have a concrete wall just sitting in the middle of a park.
                Attached Files
                ------------------------------------------
                www.CollectibleStadiumSeats.com
                www.YankeeStadiumSeats.com
                www.SheaStadiumSeats.com

Comment

• Are those seats behind the wall?
                  No one can make you
                  Do what they want to
                  You know you're stronger
                  Than the lies
                  That they tell you

Comment

• Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy View Post
                    Are those seats behind the wall?
                    Yep, CD.

This (& the other photos I posted) were apparantly EARLY demolition photos.
                    The Main Reserve seats are still in the ground in the foreground of this photo when it was taken.
                    I recall when I took the Stadium Tour in October, many of those "Jeter Dive" seats were in real ratty shape.
                    www.CollectibleStadiumSeats.com
                    www.YankeeStadiumSeats.com
                    www.SheaStadiumSeats.com

Comment

• When they said "Jeter Dive," I thought they were talking about this:

Comment

• NYY SS Derek Jeter #2

Originally posted by tugger View Post
                        When they said "Jeter Dive," I thought they were talking about this:

So, you thought Mariah Carey was going to be for sale!!? The Yankees are really selling off everything; they have no shame! laugh
                        sigpic

Comment

• Show me an entertainer who's not for sale. Besides maybe Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichieA13 View Post
                            Yes, VAPY. I posted this photo a few pages back from Yankees Magazine. I'm sure they'll attempt to remove it intact, as you can't have a concrete wall just sitting in the middle of a park.
                            Ok so what will they be doing with it? I doubt they'll sell it. How are you going to sell a wall?

Comment

• They're just waiting for the economy to come around so people have stupid money again. Now what's the bid on this authentic Jeter urinal?

Comment

• It'll sell and transportation will be up to the buyer(crane and flatbed). They'll give him a certain number of days to get it out of there or it goes back on the block. They'll refund his money minus a "restocking fee".

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X