Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Yankeefan3783 View Post
    Looks like it could be moss growing?
    They don't need to demolish the stadium to turn it into a park. The stadium's doing the work for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by the stadium guy View Post
      Am I seeing things, or is the Pete Sheehy plaque still in the Yankees' dugout?:disbelief:

Brad
      When I did the New Yankee Stadium tour on June 27th, the Pete Sheehy plaque wasn't moved there yet.
      Last edited by cgcoyne2; 08-04-2009, 03:15 AM.
      Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

Comment

• Originally posted by VAPYankees4 View Post
        It looks like those pictures belong on that show Life After Humans.
        Disturbing. To let this happen shows a lack of respect. It is now Zombie YS, the undead. Tear her down quickly, don't leave her in this sordid state of rot.
        Last edited by tugger; 08-04-2009, 12:59 AM.

Comment

• About five years ago I told my Daughter that I would take her to Yankee Stadium to see the Yankees play in their home stadium some day. Last year she reminded me of that, and since it was the last year they would be playing there I had to take her.

I had the feeling that she wouldn't care for it too much since it wasn't like Angel Stadium where she is used to going to, but she surprised the hell out of me when she said that it was the coolest ballpark she's ever been in. She's only been to Angel Stadium and Dodger Stadium, and to say that meant something to me.

I emailed her the link to part one of the demolition video, and she said that it was like watching someone dying right before her eyes, and she was obviously upset. I didn't see it that way, but she was right. Looking at the video again reminds me of someone slowly dying.

When I was there last week I compared it to a wake with an open coffin. I was only in the Bronx for a week, and when I first arrived the field had just recently been scalped. It was only 4 or 5 days later that weeds were beginning to show. Now it appears as if it has been vacant for longer than it has,but at least they're not going to let it just sit there and rot like the Polo Grounds and Shibe Park.

Comment

It looks like those pictures belong on that show Life After Humans. One thing i noticed from those pictures is that there is a part of the wall down the left field line still standing. And if my memory is right isn't that the spot jeter flew into the stands? Could they possibly be preserving it?
            They are preserving it to sell it.

Comment

• Speaking of "selling" items, they're beginning to get awful greedy now since the new stadium is in operation. If any of you went to Old Timers Day on July 19th, you may have noticed something a little different than what you are accustomed to.

I was at Old Timers Day in 2004, 2006 and 2007. At each of those games they presented every ticket holder with a commemorative pin at the gate as they entered. This year, 2009 however, they weren't handing them out at the gate, but they were still available . . . provided you cough up 20 bucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
                Speaking of "selling" items, they're beginning to get awful greedy now since the new stadium is in operation. If any of you went to Old Timers Day on July 19th, you may have noticed something a little different than what you are accustomed to.

I was at Old Timers Day in 2004, 2006 and 2007. At each of those games they presented every ticket holder with a commemorative pin at the gate as they entered. This year, 2009 however, they weren't handing them out at the gate, but they were still available . . . provided you cough up 20 bucks.
                Wow now they are just getting ridiculous. Now you have to pay for the promotion item.

Comment

• $20. for a pin????!!!!! These guys are doing a great job of earning less respect than Rodney Dangerfield!!!!!!!!!!

-Mike Wagner

Comment

• The analogy to an unburied corpse that is the current state of RYS just continues to deepen. First they wrapped its stripped body in a shroud, and now it's beginning to molder and decay. Then, when they start the controlled dismantling, it will be like an autopsy being performed.
                    First Game- Twinight DH, Mets vs. Cards at Shea, August 22, 1965

Comment

• It is amazing how much the Yankees organization is getting away with raping and disrespecting its fanbase. Unfortunately, far too many fans just look the other way or in many cases actually defend and seem to take pride/brag about the elitism and corporate mentality the team has taken towards its fanbase.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Wagner View Post
                        $20. for a pin????!!!!! These guys are doing a great job of earning less respect than Rodney Dangerfield!!!!!!!!!!

-Mike Wagner
                        I had tickets for OTD, but was ill and couldn't go.
                        Finding out they were selling pins, makes me sick all over again.
                        I wondered what they would give the fans for the occasion, the answer was NOTHING!!!
                        :gt:gt

Comment

It looks like those pictures belong on that show Life After Humans. One thing i noticed from those pictures is that there is a part of the wall down the left field line still standing. And if my memory is right isn't that the spot jeter flew into the stands? Could they possibly be preserving it?
                          Yes, VAPY. I posted this photo a few pages back from Yankees Magazine. I'm sure they'll attempt to remove it intact, as you can't have a concrete wall just sitting in the middle of a park.
                          Attached Files
                          ------------------------------------------
                          www.CollectibleStadiumSeats.com
                          www.YankeeStadiumSeats.com
                          www.SheaStadiumSeats.com

Comment

• Are those seats behind the wall?
                            No one can make you
                            Do what they want to
                            You know you're stronger
                            Than the lies
                            That they tell you

Comment

• Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy View Post
                              Are those seats behind the wall?
                              Yep, CD.

This (& the other photos I posted) were apparantly EARLY demolition photos.
                              The Main Reserve seats are still in the ground in the foreground of this photo when it was taken.
                              I recall when I took the Stadium Tour in October, many of those "Jeter Dive" seats were in real ratty shape.
                              www.CollectibleStadiumSeats.com
                              www.YankeeStadiumSeats.com
                              www.SheaStadiumSeats.com

Comment

• When they said "Jeter Dive," I thought they were talking about this:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X