Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NYY SS Derek Jeter #2

    Originally posted by tugger View Post
    When they said "Jeter Dive," I thought they were talking about this:

    So, you thought Mariah Carey was going to be for sale!!? The Yankees are really selling off everything; they have no shame! laugh
    sigpic

    Comment


    • Show me an entertainer who's not for sale. Besides maybe Philip Seymour Hoffman.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by RichieA13 View Post
        Yes, VAPY. I posted this photo a few pages back from Yankees Magazine. I'm sure they'll attempt to remove it intact, as you can't have a concrete wall just sitting in the middle of a park.
        Ok so what will they be doing with it? I doubt they'll sell it. How are you going to sell a wall?

        Comment


        • They're just waiting for the economy to come around so people have stupid money again. Now what's the bid on this authentic Jeter urinal?

          Comment


          • It'll sell and transportation will be up to the buyer(crane and flatbed). They'll give him a certain number of days to get it out of there or it goes back on the block. They'll refund his money minus a "restocking fee".

            Comment


            • Part 3 of WCBS's Yankee Stadium demolition series is out. It really shows what's going on inside the stadium. It's a shame to see the clubhouse look like that. http://www.wcbs880.com/WCBS-Video-Main-Page/2283391

              Comment


              • Originally posted by VAPYankees4 View Post
                Part 3 of WCBS's Yankee Stadium demolition series is out. It really shows what's going on inside the stadium. It's a shame to see the clubhouse look like that. http://www.wcbs880.com/WCBS-Video-Main-Page/2283391
                some good stuff in that piece...I would have paid extra $$ to get an All-Access look during the tours last year if the Yankees had offered it, could have been cool just to check out the non-public areas in the bowels of the stadium
                sigpic

                Comment


                • Wow its amazing how quickly the building has gone to this decayed abandoned look. Just unreal. Nothing is REALLY different about the way its being managed day to day from when it was being used except for the lack of people flowing through. I am rather surprised how gutted the insides appear to be already. Curious to see how the concession levels look.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
                    Speaking of "selling" items, they're beginning to get awful greedy now since the new stadium is in operation. If any of you went to Old Timers Day on July 19th, you may have noticed something a little different than what you are accustomed to.

                    I was at Old Timers Day in 2004, 2006 and 2007. At each of those games they presented every ticket holder with a commemorative pin at the gate as they entered. This year, 2009 however, they weren't handing them out at the gate, but they were still available . . . provided you cough up 20 bucks.


                    Can anyone confirm that? Was anyone else at Old Timer's Day that can confirm that? I honestly don't believe you. I went to calender day this year, and guess what? I got 2 calenders, for free.

                    Comment





                    • Pretty!
                      HE DROPPED THE BALL! HE DROPPED THE BALL!
                      http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=5026043

                      Damon's Double Steal
                      http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?c...pic_id=7223232

                      Comment


                      • here are a bunch of the latest demolition photos:

                        http://zellspinstripeblog.com/2009/0...m-photos-8109/

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jimmyjimjimz View Post
                          Can anyone confirm that? Was anyone else at Old Timer's Day that can confirm that? I honestly don't believe you. I went to calender day this year, and guess what? I got 2 calenders, for free.
                          Yeah, I'll confirm it. I was the one who posted it, the one who asked about the pins and the one who received the response that they were for sale for $20.00. If this doesn't satisfy you, then give the stadium a call. 718-293-4300

                          Comment


                          • Has anyone else noticed that the Yankees dugout is still intact, more or less, but the bench has been removed. I haven't seen it for sale anywhere. Wonder who nailed that?

                            Also, regarding the "Jeter Wall", who was the marketing genius that came up with that scheme . . . or scam? I recall sometime last year during an interview with Jeter when he was asked if he would take anything from the stadium, and he said that he would, but declined to say what.

                            He doesn't seem the type that would collect this kind of memorabilia, but you never know.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
                              Has anyone else noticed that the Yankees dugout is still intact, more or less, but the bench has been removed. I haven't seen it for sale anywhere. Wonder who nailed that?

                              Also, regarding the "Jeter Wall", who was the marketing genius that came up with that scheme . . . or scam? I recall sometime last year during an interview with Jeter when he was asked if he would take anything from the stadium, and he said that he would, but declined to say what.

                              He doesn't seem the type that would collect this kind of memorabilia, but you never know.

                              "Knowing" Jeter the way we think we do, he would never want that wall. He has too much respect for wanting the place where others say he did something great. To him he was just playing hard. The thing he supposedly took was the sign that was down the tunnel from the clubhouse to the dugout that quotes Joe D. "I want to thank god for making me a Yankee."

                              This is all my opinion of course, but I would be shocked if he wanted the wall.
                              Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by the stadium guy View Post
                                Am I seeing things, or is the Pete Sheehy plaque still in the Yankees' dugout?:disbelief:
                                Based on this photo...



                                ...which appeared on the website zellyanks91 linked to a few posts ago, it appears that the Pete Sheehy plaque is, indeed, still in the Yankees' dugout.

                                However, the website zellyanks91 linked to takes photos from a number of sources (including our very own locke40), and there's no indication at the site of when that photo was taken.
                                X
                                What's THAT guy doing?
                                - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X