Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    Based on this photo...

...which appeared on the website zellyanks91 linked to a few posts ago, it appears that the Pete Sheehy plaque is, indeed, still in the Yankees' dugout.

However, the website zellyanks91 linked to takes photos from a number of sources (including our very own locke40), and there's no indication at the site of when that photo was taken.
    Wow, this is a great photo. I don't think I've ever seen the stadium photographed from this angle. Reminds me again why I'm so pi$$ed.

I spent the evening in Manhattan and took a ride around the old stadium on my way home. I was last there in April and it still felt like Yankee Stadium. But tonight it felt different. I didn't feel the power of the stadium I felt back in April when the stadium was completely intact and wasn't covered by the curtain. The Yankees are insulating themselves from a lot of criticism with that curtain because there isn't a lot to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by scooterfan View Post
      Wow, this is a great photo. I don't think I've ever seen the stadium photographed from this angle. Reminds me again why I'm so pi$$ed.

I spent the evening in Manhattan and took a ride around the old stadium on my way home. I was last there in April and it still felt like Yankee Stadium. But tonight it felt different. I didn't feel the power of the stadium I felt back in April when the stadium was completely intact and wasn't covered by the curtain. The Yankees are insulating themselves from a lot of criticism with that curtain because there isn't a lot to see.
      Not that I want to ever give the Yankee Big Brass any credit, but the netting is most definitely for safety purposes.
      Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

Comment

• Originally posted by scooterfan View Post

Boy do I miss that big sweeping over hanging upper deck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
          Based on this photo...

...which appeared on the website zellyanks91 linked to a few posts ago, it appears that the Pete Sheehy plaque is, indeed, still in the Yankees' dugout.

However, the website zellyanks91 linked to takes photos from a number of sources (including our very own locke40), and there's no indication at the site of when that photo was taken.
          Gary, are you jealous that I made the team and you didn't?
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by LizrdKng67 View Post
            Boy do I miss that big sweeping over hanging upper deck.
            Me too, but I think the thing I miss the most is emerging from the darkness of the concourse, through the tunnel, and seeing the beautiful field unfold before you.

I was lucky enough to capture my daughter's expression the first time she saw Yankee Stadium in person.

Some people love the open concourse at the new place, but the more games I go to the more I feel like it's a tease, yet anticlimatic at the same time.
            Attached Files

Comment

• That's priceless. I took my daughter to Yankee Stadium for her first visit last year. She was visually excited, also, but it wasn't a Kodak moment since she's 27 years old now.

Comment

• Are they leaving the Sheehy plaque in for Heritage Park? I have a hard time believing they "forgot" the plaque there. Someone has to have noticed by now, right?

Right? :silent:
                No one can make you
                Do what they want to
                You know you're stronger
                Than the lies
                That they tell you

Comment

• Originally posted by tdinan View Post
                  I was lucky enough to capture my daughter's expression the first time she saw Yankee Stadium in person.
                  That is a REALLY great photo!

I had the same feeling walking into Tiger Stadium. You're walking through a dark tunnel and then step out into the stands and it was like the Wizard of Oz when Dorothy stepped out of the house into Oz and everything was in brilliant color.

You just don't get that magical feeling in new stadiums.
                  Vintage Photos of Detroit Ballparks:
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/doctor_gogol/sets/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/

Comment

• Originally posted by locke40 View Post
                    Gary, are you jealous that I made the team and you didn't?
                    Son, you should know that I'm not only New York's Best Ballpark Photographerâ„¢ but I'm also the Voice Of Truth And Reason... they only allow you 25 characters for the custom user title so I had to pick one and hide the other... anyway, I point that out so that I can point out to you that if I was jealous and envy I wouldn't have mentioned your name at all.

Credit where credit is due... that's not only the Gary Dunaier motto... it's also a way of life.

(Especially when the credit is due to me!!!!! )
                    X
                    What's THAT guy doing?
                    - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy View Post
                      Are they leaving the Sheehy plaque in for Heritage Park? I have a hard time believing they "forgot" the plaque there. Someone has to have noticed by now, right?

I can't believe they'd just leave the plaque in the dugout to be demolished. If nothing else, I'm sure they'd let Steiner auction it off.

Wonder how many other plaques there may have been in places the public generally doesn't see. When I went on the tour I noticed two in the photographer's pen next to the Yankees' dugout... and in the hallway of the press box, there's a plaque honoring an intern who was killed by a drunk driver (according to the 2008 Media Guide, this plaque would be brought over to the press box in the new stadium)... and if memory serves me right - I was never able to get a picture of it - the front door of the Yankees' clubhouse was "plaque-ish."
                      X
                      What's THAT guy doing?
                      - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy View Post
                        Are they leaving the Sheehy plaque in for Heritage Park? I have a hard time believing they "forgot" the plaque there. Someone has to have noticed by now, right?

I guess the new Yankee brass doesn't feel he was anybody special so why place the plaque in Monument Park or the Yankees museum. The new fan has Suzyn and Sterling signed balls to give them a thrill!

Pete Sheehy was obviously loved by Yankee players throughout the years.
                        Maybe Yogi should have the plaque transferred to his museum in Montclaire, New Jersey.
                        Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Avid fan of the greatest Stadium ever built! Both in beauty and aesthetics throughout its long Glorious history.

Comment

• Cheap, Stingy Suitcases!!

Look wha'hoppened to the latest entries at: http://www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com/

Who the duck are they kidding??

Guess we'll just have to rely on the sharpshooters of B-F to document this demolition..
                          RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

• Originally posted by tdinan View Post
                            Me too, but I think the thing I miss the most is emerging from the darkness of the concourse, through the tunnel, and seeing the beautiful field unfold before you.

Some people love the open concourse at the new place, but the more games I go to the more I feel like it's a tease, yet anticlimatic at the same time.
                            I agree that walking out through the tunnel for the first time was very cool, but I still like the open air concourses better. Much better in fact.
                            Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

Comment

• Originally posted by voodoochile View Post
                              Yeah, I'll confirm it. I was the one who posted it, the one who asked about the pins and the one who received the response that they were for sale for $20.00. If this doesn't satisfy you, then give the stadium a call. 718-293-4300
                              I don't accept that as any form of confirmation because you were the one who posted it in the first place, and you're bitter about the new stadium. You actually think people would believe you? All you do is talk trash about the new stadium. I'd expect you to make up some sort of rumor like that.

Originally posted by NYFan1stYankFan2nd View Post
                              Look wha'hoppened to the latest entries at: http://www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com/

Guess we'll just have to rely on the sharpshooters of B-F to document this demolition..

What exactly does who the duck mean? Is there actually a duck named who? cause there was a wrestler named who? He didn't last long, though.
                              Last edited by jimmyjimjimz; 08-05-2009, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYFan1stYankFan2nd View Post

I guess ill introduce myself, im Joe...the guy who owns demolitionofyankeestadium.com

This morning we were contacted by the media department of wcbs880.com and told if their images werent taken down they would engage legal action on me. My host was also contacted and we were shut down for a few hours today. Of course we took them down.

We may be allowed to post their images on a limited basis as per my discussions with them today.

Whatever, ill be taking my own pictures once they start really wrecking shop. Im also looking into the legality of bringing my high powered electric remote control plane with a camera attached to fly over the demolition site. That soccer field looks like a nice airstrip for that.
                                Last edited by JoeDOYS; 08-05-2009, 09:06 PM.
                                www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X