Yankee Stadium [I] Demolition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeDOYS View Post
    I guess ill introduce myself, im Joe...the guy who owns demolitionofyankeestadium.com

This morning we were contacted by the media department of wcbs880.com and told if their images werent taken down they would engage legal action on me. My host was also contacted and we were shut down for a few hours today. Of course we took them down.

We may be allowed to post their images on a limited basis as per my discussions with them today.

Whatever, ill be taking my own pictures once they start really wrecking shop. Im also looking into the legality of bringing my high powered electric remote control plane with a camera attached to fly over the demolition site. That soccer field looks like a nice airstrip for that.

nice.

Oh yeah, by the way, I'm not as stupid as I seem on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmyjimjimz View Post
      nice.

No kidding? Well, if you're not as stupid as you seem on here, then where exactly is it that you are as stupid as you seem? Please, inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmyjimjimz View Post
        nice.

How stupid do you have to be to act stupid on a message board?

Anyways... I would have liked some credit given to my demo pictures on your site, I really don't want to start putting watermarks on my pictures.

Comment

• [QUOTE=jimmyjimjimz;1584362]I don't accept that as any form of confirmation because you were the one who posted it in the first place, and you're bitter about the new stadium. You actually think people would believe you? All you do is talk trash about the new stadium. I'd expect you to make up some sort of rumor like that.

I don't think people will believe me, I KNOW they will. In fact, you're the only knucklhead who didn't.
          As for talking trash about NYS, I'll talk trash about anything that pleases me, including yourself.
          Did you go to the game that day? Obviously not. Couldn't pass the entry exam, right? Did you call the stadium to confirm what I said? Again, obviously not, because if you had I wouldn't be wasting my time with a psychologically challenged moron, and who the hell are you to call me a liar?

Comment

I guess ill introduce myself, im Joe...the guy who owns demolitionofyankeestadium.com

This morning we were contacted by the media department of wcbs880.com and told if their images werent taken down they would engage legal action on me. My host was also contacted and we were shut down for a few hours today. Of course we took them down.

We may be allowed to post their images on a limited basis as per my discussions with them today.

Whatever, ill be taking my own pictures once they start really wrecking shop. Im also looking into the legality of bringing my high powered electric remote control plane with a camera attached to fly over the demolition site. That soccer field looks like a nice airstrip for that.
            Wow I guess they have their copyrights but that sounds like an infringement on freedom of speech!

Remember when that guy sent a remote control plane with a camera over Shea? Great footage, though a little shaky!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOJaPoIyZMY

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
              Wonder how many other plaques there may have been in places the public generally doesn't see. When I went on the tour I noticed two in the photographer's pen next to the Yankees' dugout... and in the hallway of the press box, there's a plaque honoring an intern who was killed by a drunk driver (according to the 2008 Media Guide, this plaque would be brought over to the press box in the new stadium)... and if memory serves me right - I was never able to get a picture of it - the front door of the Yankees' clubhouse was "plaque-ish."
              These are the plaques I described earlier... these two are (were) in the photographer's pen...

...and here's the plaque honoring the intern.

X
              What's THAT guy doing?
              - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• I wonder if it's possible to leave the dugouts. Anyone know if that's even possible to keep the dugouts intact. It could always be the dugouts for the baseball field in Heritage Park. Are they even the original dugouts?
                Last edited by Coach Bombay; 08-06-2009, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coach Bombay View Post
                  I wonder if it's possible to leave the dugouts. Anyone know if that's even possible to keep the dugouts intact. It could always be the dugouts for the baseball field in Heritage Park. Are they even the original dugouts?
                  They lowered the field about 5 to 10 feet during the refurbishment. If I had to guess I'd say they were different dugouts.
                  Jimmy Dugan: Because there's no crying in baseball. THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL! No crying! (Tom Hanks, "A League of Their Own" (1992)

Comment

I wonder if it's possible to leave the dugouts. Anyone know if that's even possible to keep the dugouts intact. It could always be the dugouts for the baseball field in Heritage Park. Are they even the original dugouts?
                    They are original dugouts to the renovation. That counts for something. I'm not sure I get those who don't think the history since the renovation stands on its own.

Of course it's possible to save the dugouts. Anything is possible. Just depends on what the Yankees/City want to do and what they want to spend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mygirljess View Post
                      Remember when that guy sent a remote control plane with a camera over Shea? Great footage, though a little shaky!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOJaPoIyZMY
                      Yes im thinking about doing something similar....
                      www.demolitionofyankeestadium.com

Comment

• Don't make this about each other, folks.

voodoochile, please watch the insults of other posters. That isn't tolerated here.

Jimmy, you've been told to drop the stupid act on this site, if it is an act as you just claimed. I would advise you to do so.

JoeDOYS, looking forward to those pictures should you choose to post them here. If not, whatever link you have those on is fone.
                        Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                        Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                        Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                        Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                        Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

I recall reading awhile back that the dugout will also be offered for sale . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by cgcoyne2 View Post
                            They lowered the field about 5 to 10 feet during the refurbishment. If I had to guess I'd say they were different dugouts.
                            Agreed, besides, the field-level seating from just beyond third base, round in back of HP, and back out to just beyond first base was deepened 5? 10? rows during 74-75, forcing the field to be lowered. Otherwise, those dugouts would be the first anywhere that one would have to climb to get into.
                            RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

Greedy b$#%rds at CBS880! How they can haggle over legalities when the very symbol of baseball itself is coming down is beyond my comprehension. Someone needs to be shipped to Punta Cana for that nonsense. . .

Pathetic.

Did you get to fly your RC-photo plane over Shea during that demo?
                              RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

• I was warned today for my abrasive nature regarding an incident where I was blatantly called a liar on at least one occasion. I felt that my response was justified, but it was spontaneous and thoughtless, and obviously uncalled for, and I apologize it I offended anyone.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X